JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Options
    JFT, 3/27/18

1. Log all food :)Even the trail mix that I dove into last night. Lol. Got to be accountable!
    2. 64oz water :)Had to pretty much chug the last bottle but I got it!
    3. Up by 630 :|7. Couldn't get myself up. Lol
    4. Morning stuff :/Spent the time before work with the DH
    5. DH up @ 7 :)We both did but we had a good coffee/tea time
    6. Prep/Log lunches :)Done. It is so much easier when the food is already made and packaged. Lol
    7. Yoga :DI HAVE to get this done! Even if it's just for 10 minutes!
    8. Quiet time :/The DH and I getting up at 7 completely screwed my morning all up. Lol
    9. Budget list :)
    10. Work 945-615 :)Learned a lot more new things so it is probably going to take a while to stop having to ask for double checks and things.
    11. Dinner/Dishes :) / :|Left the pan in the sink that I completely forgot about! Lol
    12. Pens game/DH time :| / :)Pens had a pretty terrible game but the DH and I had a quiet evening.
    13. Bed by 1030 :|11:15 I think

The DH was in a funk last night. Not sure why. I think he was probably just bored. I ended up going to bed and as I'm between that place of waking and sleeping I hear a shout of celebration from the other room. A new video game just came out two days ago that the DH really wants. Two of his best friends have it and he was watching them play the night before last. We had been talking about it around dinner time. I told him that he was going to need to wait before we can get it because it's $60! Well, he comes storming into the bedroom to show me a message on his phone. It was an alert fro XBox that one of his best friends bought him a copy and it's ready to download to his console. Now, this is a big deal in and of itself. It's an even bigger deal because of my DH's past. After leaving a hard life path when he met me, he lost all of his friends. He didnt really get any more until about 2 years ago. His old friends were all takers and never givers. So that fact that a friend bought him something so expensive has completely blown his mind! Lol. It took him out of his funk right quick! This friend is amazing. I know him as well. So thank the Lord for good friends! Lol. I dont know why I felt the need to share that story, but for some reason, I had to. I hope that maybe it helps someone.

Had a good evening myself though. Fell asleep while cuddling with the DH. It was nice. While the DH was in his funk I ended up craving chocolate so I had a couple of handfuls of trail mix. Lol. Totally not in my diet but it was yummy! Lol

Onward!

JFT, 3/28/18

1. Log/Prelog all food
    2. 64oz of water
    3. Up @ 6/Wawa 4 coffee
    4. DH up @ 7
    5. Prep lunches
    6. YOGA!!!!!
    7. Leave by 8:30
    8. Downtown 9-515
    9. Liquor Store
    10. Dinner/Dishes
    11. Continue budget
    12. DH time
    13. Get ready for bed by 10
    14. Lights out by 11

I hope everyone has an awesome day! I'll probably see you at lunch!

Awesome story, so happy your husband has new friends that appreciate and value him.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday March 27
    2L of water - :) Yes 2.25
    Stay in the green - :( No, but only oever bby 10 getting better
    Write in Journal - :) Yes
    Do 10 something's every hour, this worked well yesterday - :) Yes even did some zumba moves for 10 minute stretches.
    Hopefully get to gym if roads get better - :| Decided not to since I upped my 10 Somethings all day, went home and made a healthy dinner instead.
    Read some more of the Quality Assurance program for work so I can start helping to update it - :) Yes and came into work this morning to see my first project! I have been with this company for 2 months tomorrow and this will be the first major project. I'm so excited!

JFT - Wednesday March 28
    I weighed myself this morning, I normally avoid the scales until Sunday but for some reason I decided to this morning. Down 0.8 lbs since Sunday! My 10's are working! :):):):)
    2L of water
    Stay in the Green
    Write in journal
    Do 10 something's every hour
    Figure out a healthy supper for Grandchildren Wednesday that the fussy one will eat... I am fussy but he has me beat by the level of fussiness.
    Find articles on technical writing to help me be a better writer for policy updating

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,084 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Yesterday, I met all my goals, including no cookie or cake eating. I also drank 9 cups of water.

JFT, 3/28
    I will stay in the green
    I will do a light exercise
    I will drink 8 cups water
    I will pre-log my food on MFP

Wednesday Weigh-in: I started 1/1/18 at 177 and am 159, which is the same as last week.

For those doing Joan's water challenge:
    c7vm88kgf197.png

LOL!
    Just saw that pic and my mind just shouted “FU€K!”

* runs to get a cup!*

I didn’t post goals but it’s 6.30 pm here. I’ve had half a glass of water all day and my one and only goal is to drink 8 glasses by 10pm and have Joan say well done when I come back in 4 hours :sweat_smile:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,084 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I met all my goals, including no cookie or cake eating. I also drank 9 cups of water.

JFT, 3/28
    I will stay in the green

Wednesday Weigh-in: I started 1/1/18 at 177 and am 159, which is the same as last week.

c7vm88kgf197.png

Hold up, just read your post properly..
    You’ve lost EIGHTEEN POUNDS?!?!
    In 3 months!

You put us all to shame.

I’m also getting increasingly jealous of how you achieve your goals every day!
    You’re a real inspiration to make me want to succeed!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

In 3 months!

You put us all to shame.

You gave me a HUGE push of encouragement, Bex, that will get me farther along. Thank you.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options

JFT, 3/28
    I will stay in the green

c7vm88kgf197.png

LOL!
    Just saw that pic and my mind just shouted “FU€K!”

* runs to get a cup!*

I didn’t post goals but it’s 6.30 pm here. I’ve had half a glass of water all day and my one and only goal is to drink 8 glasses by 10pm and have Joan say well done when I come back in 4 hours :sweat_smile:

Hahaha! Well, the sign is a reminder...I need to post it a bit earlier for y'all so you aren't having to chug copious amounts of water!!! Tomorrow is another day...
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    It's midday, and getting ready to walk dog in few minutes. No time to read everyone's posts, I'll look later. Want to get my JFT down...

Recap T 3/27 ~ Last work day for me until next week Wed. :smiley:
    1) Rest day / move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Rest day / Fitbit 10,848 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 42 floors... lots of trips to basement in evening (see #3) :smiley:
    2) Leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green / monitor usual = Not so great, but not sure about exercise calories (see #3), especially since daily weigh-in this a.m. was down. Net calories, sodium & sugar red (binged a bit on Brookside dark chocolate pomegranate after supper ~ ack!), protein good, fiber little low & 15c water. :#
    3) Evening: make Kodiak Cakes muffins / wash dishes / cont. to-do list = Change in plans... really felt like a slug after work, just took things easy (& lazy) for a while. Then re-energized & did lots of decluttering / cleaning / logged 1 hr light cleaning as exercise. :#
    4) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 11:00 = Absolute fail x4. :s On the bright side, got lots done around house & was awake when hubby got home from work at 12:30 a.m. So I still consider this a win! :#

JFT W 3/28 ~ vacation day at home
    1) Grocery shopping for Easter / upcoming week = done :smiley:
    2) Get dinnerware, serving dishes & tablescape materials for Easter out of hutch = done :smiley:
    3) Drink > 12c water
    4) Making root veggie beef stew for dinner / net calories green / monitor usual
    5) Walk dog on gorgeous sunny day
    6) More progress on to-do lists (I have 3 separate lists for cleaning, food & misc Easter prep)
    7) Don't want to screw up sleeping pattern too much while off work, so: unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 11:00

Have a great day, everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

In 3 months!

You put us all to shame.

You gave me a HUGE push of encouragement, Bex, that will get me farther along. Thank you.

That's wonderful progress... congratulations!