10k steps

Woohoo ! Did it all again =)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :)
    4. Finish three orders from my shop :)
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Laundry :)

JFT (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Laundry
    5. Bring younger son to the Dr
    6. Clean the house
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I completed my goals yesterday, including staying in the green and drinking 8, actually 9, glasses of water. Thanks, Joan, for starting the challenge...it's been good for me.

JFT, 3/29
    Pre-log food
    Stay in the green
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Exercise
    Start the next online course

What I am learning: I heard this the other day: Let's say that as we turn 16 we are each given one car and that car has to last until we die. We don't have a choice in the make or model. Some of us get sleek, beautiful, showy cars; some get short round cute cars; some get non-descript vehicles that are very dependable; some get cars that make frequent trips to the mechanic as it's not as healthy as some vehicles and acquires more attention. But whatever car you get, that's the one you have.

Now, how would you treat that car, that one and only car? We are given one body. It has to last until we leave this earth. How are we treating it?

And for those participating in Joan's Water Challenge:
    pxd9hsjuzyss.png
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Reading about procrastination really hits a tender spot. I have been going to counseling since Dec 2016 [communication issues] and this week she dropped a bomb. The reason I get excited to start a project and then rarely, if ever, see it through to completion is because I probably have ADD. So, now I know; what do I do? Any others w/ this? Diagnosed late in life? Any experience, strength and hope for me...?

@PreciousGems1

Pretty sure I have ADD, never diagnosed but...

I'm not hyper, just not focussed, takes a lot of effort to complete tasks, and so on..... My son has been diagnosed w/it and pretty sure my daughter will be based on her behavior. A great resource is ADDitude Magazine podcast. They have many great episodes that cover adults & women being diagnosed later in life. Most of their speakers are very helpful. Also CHADD may have a MEETUP group near you. We have MEETUPS for ADD adults & one for parents of kids w/ADD. Funny, there was an episode on the Podcast that discussed the strong connection with ADD & obesity in women!! Try not to be overwhelmed with the number of episodes. Also, many of the speakers have their own websites etc for additional info. The tips they offer on how to function effectively in life are invaluable to me. Also, it helps me not feel alone.

You're going to turn this into a strength!

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Hey JFT friends!

Track everything & try to track foods in advance.
    Plan exercise & meals for Easter weekend.
    Limit processed foods.
    sugar consumption goal- 25 grams or less.
    Lace up hiking boots & try them out. (DS's hand me downs, barely used) with dog in tow.
    Pack fruit & protein bar for snack.
    Yoga today!
    Meditate 2x 15 mins each.
    Continue with decluttering-the maintenance is a challenge especially when the family is not on board!
    Start posting in evening.
    In bed by 10pm & read something for inspiration.
    Trying to get over a head cold.
    Still holding fast on my goal of not going through drive-thrus! Almost slipped up yesterday.

Have a great day!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    DS is much better, back at school today. I logged yesterday, but was SO FAR over, it's ridiculous.
    anyway
    JFT 3/29
    log everything
    stay green
    drink 80
    yoga class
    read more in always hungry
    I'm getting lists ready and the book gives prep sheets as well, so that's helpful.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 ounces away from my next goal weight! I swear these last two weeks keep getting better and better! I haven't been this weight probably before I got married 3.5 years ago! I'm 25 lbs away from my UGW!!!! I' m so excited! I'm hoping to hit that goal by the end of the year!

So I just started a book about habits. I've only read the introduction so far but I have high hopes for it. It's written in a way that I like and it's easy to follow. I've already started to change some habits over the last few weeks. Now I always eat dinner on a salad plate, I always eat meals sitting down and I put my utensil/sandwich down between bites. Those have helped me not to just shove food in my mouth and to slow down my eating so that that I can feel when I am full.

I mentioned that I hate personal finance last night. Because the DH and I will be paid in the same weeks from now on I have to completely rework our budget. It's a total headache. I know that once I get this month's done then next months will be so much easier. It's just super annoying and gives me a headache. Lol. That's why I'm spreading it out over a couple of days. I dont really need it until a week from tomorrow so it'll definitely be figured out by then. Lol.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great morning!

Thats awesome to be so close to your goal! What is the book called, it sounds intriguing.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday March 28
    I weighed myself this morning, I normally avoid the scales until Sunday but for some reason I decided to this morning. Down 0.8 lbs since Sunday! My 10's are working! :):):):)
    2L of water - :) 2.5L
    Stay in the Green - :) I did it finally! and by doing it it said in 5 weeks I will be in the 180's instead of 190's. Gotta keep that up!
    Write in journal - :)
    Do 10 something's every hour - :| I got so wrapped up in my project I forgot to for one hour but doubled it the next so...
    Figure out a healthy supper for Grandchildren Wednesday that the fussy one will eat... I am fussy but he has me beat by the level of fussiness.- :) Chicken nuggets and fries for everyone else, I had fish and salad.
    Find articles on technical writing to help me be a better writer for policy updating - :| Still need to do this.

JFT - Thursday March 29
    2L of water
    Stay in the green
    Write in journal
    Do 10 Something's every hour
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    I completed my goals yesterday, including staying in the green and drinking 8, actually 9, glasses of water. Thanks, Joan, for starting the challenge...it's been good for me.

JFT, 3/29
    Pre-log food
    Stay in the green
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Exercise

What I am learning: I heard this the other day: Let's say that as we turn 16 we are each given one car and that car has to last until we die. We don't have a choice in the make or model. Some of us get sleek, beautiful, showy cars; some get short round cute cars; some get non-descript vehicles that are very dependable; some get cars that make frequent trips to the mechanic as it's not as healthy as some vehicles and acquires more attention. But whatever car you get, that's the one you have.

Now, how would you treat that car, that one and only car? We are given one body. It has to last until we leave this earth. How are we treating it?

pxd9hsjuzyss.png

I think if it wasn’t for your water memes I wouldn’t be enjoying this challenge! I’m 4 cups in and it’s only 4.30pm :)

i missed the water challenge. can someone update me please?
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »

JFT, 3/29
    Pre-log food
    Stay in the green
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Exercise

pxd9hsjuzyss.png

I think if it wasn’t for your water memes I wouldn’t be enjoying this challenge! I’m 4 cups in and it’s only 4.30pm :)

i missed the water challenge. can someone update me please?

The challenge is for the month of April (we started early lol) to drink 8 glasses of water every day. Joan posted a whole bunch of facts about the benefits of drinking 64 ounces of water a day. It rocks. The only downside (as @toaljasa meme says) is that you pee A LOT. Lol.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Recap W 3/28 ~ vacation day at home = Easter dinner prep & spring cleaning
    1) Grocery shopping for Easter / upcoming week = done :smiley:
    2) Get dinnerware, serving dishes & tablescape materials for Easter out of hutch = done :smiley:
    3) Drink > 12c water = 14c :smiley:
    4) Making root veggie beef stew for dinner / net calories green / monitor usual = Net calories -15, sodium & sugar green, protein excellent & fiber close to goal :smiley:
    5) Walk dog on gorgeous sunny day = Temp reached 53F yesterday (ave. is 45) & had wonderful walk with dog ~ 4.08 mi 1:06:34 ~ happy dog & happy me B)
    6) More progress on to-do lists (I have 3 separate lists for cleaning, food & misc Easter prep) = lots of items checked off / happy with progress :smiley:
    7) Don't want to screw up sleeping pattern too much while off work, so: unplug 10:00 :/ 10:30 / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 11:00 :smiley: With late night before, not enough sleep & very active day, I was exhausted, so relaxed late evening with a beer (which I logged). :D

JFT Maundy Thursday 3/29 ~ vacation day at home = more spring cleaning & Easter dinner prep
    1) Baked Kodiak Cakes power muffins ~ excellent source of protein! :smiley:
    2) Scrubbed out refrigerator & reorganized :smiley:
    3) Continue with cleaning & decorating to-do's, get food stuff ready to start baking & cooking Friday
    4) Walk dog (temps more seasonable today, currently 41F and cloudy)
    5) Leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green / monitor usual / at least 12c water
    6) Chuch service 7 p.m. / choir rehearsal after for Good Friday & Easter services
    7) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 11:00
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

I absolutely LOVE this analogy! Thank you for sharing! :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I had a not-so-good visit at the lymphedema appointment today. I've been trying to be so compliant...doing the lymphatic massages twice a day, wearing my compression sleeve (which I HATE because it is hot and itchy as h3ll) and even wearing the great big uncomfortable and hot night-time sleeve to bed and leaving it on all night. I get to my appointment today and she measures various points of my arm and I'm UP in lymphatic fluid and my arm is all puffy. So disappointed. The one thing i was surprised about is that she said my weight can fluctuate between 2 and 5 1/2 lbs depending upon how swollen my arm is. I guess the lymphatic fluid that accumulates in my arm/hand/fingers is not water...it's more like a sludge like mud. I told her I gained another pound this morning and she said she is not surprised by looking at my arm...that I could easily have 2 lbs of "sludge" in there.

I was so frustrated because everything I ate yesterday was healthy, and I could not believe I had gained again! So, there ya go. My stupid arm might be the culprit in this particular case.

Anyway, I need to really buckle down. I'm trying but not losing at all and I'm getting really frustrated by that.

Just for Thursday:
    1. Journal EVERY BITE
    2. <20 net carbs (minus non-vegetable carbs)
    3. 8 glasses of water
    4. Tiny Habits (First two are done already)
    5. Micro activities - 5 wall push ups each time I use restroom
    6. NO CAKE, ICE CREAM OR COOKIES tonight
    7. Take a walk after dinner tonight. This is for my heart, my weight and will also help move the lymphatic fluid in my arm. Not optional.
    8. Stop at Petco and look at pups/dogs. I've decided I'm adopting a dog. Now I just need to find the right one who will encourage me to take daily walks
    9. Body, Mind & Spirit - take time to address each
    10. Podcasts - Optimal Living Daily, Optimal Health Daily and look up the ADDitude Magazine podcast that @saragirl2 metions above. (Thank you @Saragirl2!)
    11. Evening routine and in bed sleeping by 10:15 pm

This week [3/24 - 3/31] , I will:
    Work on Bex quilt
    Declutter for 15 minutes
    Look for spring clothes, shoes and purses packed away downstairs
    Make a budget for April
    Finish Taxes
    Make an appointment with an allergist

This Week's Tiny Habits:
    After I eat dinner, I will set out tomorrow's clothes.
    After I pour my first cup of coffee, I will read 5 verses from Bible
    After I towel dry my hair, I will have my morning chat with God.
    After I sit down at the end of the day, I will prelog my food for tomorrow.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Scrappy Bags :)
    4. Work on binding quilt :/ headache
    5. Walk in evening :/ see #4
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)