JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    qfnx0liza320.png

@toaljasa LOL Very true!! All day and all night!!
  • veronicamoreno10
    veronicamoreno10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's the truth :)
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water :)
    2. Work on quilt binding :) half done
    3. Call K :)
    4. Brush and floss :)
    5. Bed by 10:30 :| Change of plans. I forgot I have my biannual CT scan booked at the hospital tonight. Maybe bed by 11:30.
    JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Quilt binding should be complete by the end of the weekend.
    4. Walk maybe
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    1nlf30l94oum.jpg

@joan6630 got one Joan! Where’ve you beeeeeen! Hope everything’s ok!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    DS is much better, back at school today. I logged yesterday, but was SO FAR over, it's ridiculous.
    anyway
    JFT 3/29
    log everything :)
    stay green :)
    drink 80 :)
    yoga class :)
    read more in always hungrywell, i got the shopping list ready. i'm mostly done with the reading part of the book.
    I'm getting lists ready and the book gives prep sheets as well, so that's helpful.

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT 3/30
    log everything
    stay green (this is going to be really difficult. i'm already over on carbs, and we have department meeting with lunch today. so maybe a really hard workout later. )
    drink 80
    work out enough to get green on calories...
    continue prep for Always Hungry plan start.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    My headache is so bad :(
    I’ve had 2 double strength ibuprofens and it’s just not shifting it.
    Partners gone out so it’s just me and the kids.
    I’ve had to separate them just to the noise they make. Casey’s being REALLY good today so that’s one good thing.

But it’s making me want to eat lots of bad things.
    I’ve already succumbed to a packet of crisps but only 78 cals so not so bad.

What are your tips when you feel like this. I keep drinking water, on cup 5 now and it’s not staving off the cravings!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    Options
    Recap Maundy Thursday 3/29 ~ vacation day at home = more spring cleaning & Easter dinner prep :D
    1) Baked Kodiak Cakes power muffins ~ excellent source of protein! :smiley:
    2) Scrubbed out refrigerator & reorganized :smiley:
    3) Continue with cleaning & decorating to-do's, get food stuff ready to start baking & cooking Friday = Got a lot done, just not as much as I wanted. :neutral:
    4) Walk dog (temps more seasonable today, currently 41F and cloudy) = 3.6 mi 1:00:24 / happy dog & happy me / Fitbit 18,893 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 & 57 floors :smiley:
    5) Leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green / monitor usual / at least 12c water = Trying to get so much done... late afternoon & late evening snacking direct from mixed nuts can & Brookside bag ~ ack!!! Net calories & sugar RED, sodium ok, protein & fiber good, 13c water. :s:#>:)
    6) Chuch service 7 p.m. :smiley: / choir rehearsal after for Good Friday & Easter services :smiley: Not home until 9:00 & wanted to get decorating done, but sat down (mistake #1), snacked (mistake #2) & Kitty jumped into my arms to snuggle and nap (lovely mistake). Nothing else got done around house after that. :|
    7) Unplug 10:00 :smiley: / floss :( / retainers :( / bed & TV off 11:00 :( Not even close... bright side, I was again awake when hubby got home from work, 2nd time this week. But lack of sleep is not my friend... know I snack / overeat when overtired. :s

JFT Good Friday 3/30 ~ vacation / holiday = another busy day at home & away
    1) At least since I snacked so much Thurs, I have no cravings for Easter candy, which I haven't even opened yet... small comfort. Usual breakfast / leftovers for lunch / spaghetti for supper... carb loading for 10K / drink > 12c water / net calories rational / cut out irrational snacking!
    2) Put out Easter decorations / fill Easter baskets & bowls / set tables
    3) Make cake & pudding for trifle / make lemon bars / make lime green salad / premix casserole / organize food prep for Sat. & Sun.
    4) Wash dishes / organize pots & utensils for Sunday / wash towels
    5) Walk dog (maybe short route)
    6) 3 p.m. pick up race packet / prep clothes for Sat. 10K / monitor weather forecast ~ supposed to be very windy, snow, maybe rain... not ideal conditions
    7) Tenebrae service 7:00 / choir at church 6:40 ~ remember the focus for this weekend
    8) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :)
    4. Laundry :)
    5. Bring younger son to the Dr :)
    6. Clean the house :)

JFT (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Laundry
    5. Go to the gym
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My headache is so bad :(
    I’ve had 2 double strength ibuprofens and it’s just not shifting it.
    Partners gone out so it’s just me and the kids.
    I’ve had to separate them just to the noise they make. Casey’s being REALLY good today so that’s one good thing.

But it’s making me want to eat lots of bad things.
    I’ve already succumbed to a packet of crisps but only 78 cals so not so bad.

What are your tips when you feel like this. I keep drinking water, on cup 5 now and it’s not staving off the cravings!!

Eat! If you are hungry, eat! But choose wisely. Eat some protein; fruit; keep some peeled carrot sticks and bell peppers on hand; there is a forum on here for low cal dressings---make one and use it as a dip. Put some cottage cheese, and avocado, or a smear of nut butter on your toast. Eat a bowl of good cereal, with or without milk (sometimes I just get a serving a snack on it, without the milk). Popcorn. I make popcorn on my stove in a large pot. The directions call for a huge amount of oil. I just put one tablespoon of oil for about 8 cups of popcorn, which feeds the hubs and me. I salt the oil before adding the corn so the salt is distributed evenly.

Re: the children. If you haven't already, you might incorporate a quiet hour. Maybe when Casey is down for a nap. When I did this the kids got on their beds and could read, listen to a story, or just rest. No tv. No playing together, other than listening to a story together. Then you rest as well. No phone, computer, etc. (btw, there are several websites with stories that the kids can listen to)

(off topic) Also, when home, I had 4 o'clock clean up time. We would take a few minutes and tidy up the house. Sometimes I'd make a game out of it...everyone pick up and put away 15 items; or "I'm setting the timer for 15 minutes, let's see how much we can put away and tidy the house...ready, set, GO!" We'd all race around like mad men, but it was all fun and the house was tidied for the evening. I just function better when there's less clutter.

Okay, that's all I've got for ya, sistah! (so sorry about your headache...can effect the whole body.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Yesterday, I met all my goals, once again drinking 9 cups of water.

Success: As some of you know, I am in TX visiting a couple of my kids---my oldest came by and spent the night while on his way to his home in Missouri, so that was nice...hoping to visit the Arkansas kid before I fly out. ANYWAY, my pants are getting too big so I reluctantly went shopping--- it's at least a thirty minute drive to the department store, and it's usually so depressing---and to my amazement, I am down 2 sizes in my pants!!! Wow wow wow... The proof is in the pudding:
    keep my eyes on the process and I will make progress!

JFT: March 30
    I will drink 8 cups of water (JOAN, WHERE ARE YOU???!!!)
    I will stay in the green
    I will do my online study
    I will take every bite captive
    I will do a light exercise

For those who are participating in Joan's water challenge:
    1sdaapbeiccz.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    This is my first post!

JFT - Friday
    - Stay within my allowed calorie intake (1200-1400)
    - Study
    - Drink water whenever I have a craving for unhealthy food or snacks.
    - Eat fruit instead of candy and chocolate.
    - Take a rest day from exercise (my body hurts!)

Good luck everyone! :)

Welcome, welcome! I hope you will find this to be a useful tool for you to meet your goal. We are a supportive bunch. The key is for you to come on here almost, if not, daily and share your daily goals and whether you reached the previous day's.

Peace and joy