The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

1174175177179180891

Replies

  • bisto1971
    bisto1971 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi Everyone! Just joined...entering that oh so fun 'changing' stage of my life...finding it's a little harder to get the weight off at 47 than it was at 27...lol. Feel free to add me!

    Same here Heather! Constant battle and 47 in June!
  • bisto1971
    bisto1971 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi guys I'm just getting back to MFP and looking for active group of people to keep me in check. My goals maybe a bit different then most here because I'm currently gaining weight (bulking). But, I'd like to find an active fun group that will keep each other on point. Please add me

    Hey stranger...Good group of people here. Good luck.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Happy Easter from Canada
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,425 Member
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    Happy Easter from Canada

    Happy easter from raining England, my mini-egg munching, far away friend.

    Hey..we are kinda related.. my ancestors came from there and yours thought it was punishment to send mine to sunny Australia :D lol
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,425 Member
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    Happy Easter from Canada

    Happy easter from raining England, my mini-egg munching, far away friend.

    Hey..we are kinda related.. my ancestors came from there and yours thought it was punishment to send mine to sunny Australia :D lol

    Haha! Actually, I went to Australia for like a year in 2006, and yes I have family down there. A lot of people from my part of England (Cornwall) were sent to Australia as miners.

    I always joke with aussies that you should be grateful your great grandad was a burglar B) (joke)

    Happy easter, my sunkissed cousin.


    Actually only one of my relatives was sent out as a convict ( political dissident) or something tbh no surprise he was mouthy lol. The others were farmers of grapes and sheep.

    So where did you visit in 2006?
    And Happy Easter to you my lily white cousin :smile:
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    Happy Easter from Canada

    Happy easter from raining England, my mini-egg munching, far away friend.

    I'm doing my best to keep my hand out of the mini egg jar but the night is young lol. If I could live anywhere else in the world, it would probably be Australia.
  • irie4200
    irie4200 Posts: 37 Member
    39 years old. Mother to 5 daughters ranging in age from 22-8. Not much time money or energy left at the end of the day to take care of myself. I have about 100 lbs to lose to be at my ideal weight. I’ve been doing the slow carb 4HB diet for about a month and going to the gym 4-5 times a week. Recently started HIIT classes and they are kicking my *kitten*. Could use some more friends to encourage me in my journey. In return I will be your biggest cheerleader and swap recipes.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,425 Member
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    Happy Easter from Canada

    Happy easter from raining England, my mini-egg munching, far away friend.

    Hey..we are kinda related.. my ancestors came from there and yours thought it was punishment to send mine to sunny Australia :D lol

    Haha! Actually, I went to Australia for like a year in 2006, and yes I have family down there. A lot of people from my part of England (Cornwall) were sent to Australia as miners.

    I always joke with aussies that you should be grateful your great grandad was a burglar B) (joke)

    Happy easter, my sunkissed cousin.


    Actually only one of my relatives was sent out as a convict ( political dissident) or something tbh no surprise he was mouthy lol. The others were farmers of grapes and sheep.

    So where did you visit in 2006?
    And Happy Easter to you my lily white cousin :smile:

    LOL, you should be grateful, if your ancestors hadn't gone down there, you'd be enjoying the rain here too.

    So I started off in Perth in WA, picked up a campervan, and pretty much went all the way around, WA, SA, Vic and QLD. Only place I didn't reach was the Northern Territories. I loved all of it, the chilled out beach bum vibes in the West, the civilised sophistation of Adelaide in the South, the night life in Melbourne and Sydney, and those amazing endless beaches in QLD. So many stories from that year that I don't know where to start.

    I'd have gone back sooner, but not long after coming back the UK, my ex and I had a kid, so any travelling again kinda went on hold.

    It sounds like you got to see plenty.. my favourite is also the beaches of Queensland, I spend winter up in the tropical far north .. tshirt and shorts weather even mid winter.
  • eli6700
    eli6700 Posts: 4 Member
    50 year old mom to 19 and 21 year old sons. Over 150 lbs. to lose, 41 lbs. lost using a different MFP username.
  • momdedge4
    momdedge4 Posts: 20 Member
    Google this... Under Armour: 150 million users affected by MyFitnessPal data breach
  • bornwhitehot
    bornwhitehot Posts: 5 Member
    New to MFP, I’ll be 48 in July. I’ve seen a lot of positivity in this app so far, very exciting & inspirational. Add me.
  • marion1978
    marion1978 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2018
    I’m 39, this is about my 10th time using MFP. Want to stick with it this time so went premium and will add friends for extra motivation.
    Add me and stay away from the chocs this weekend folks!
    XxX
  • annemsexton
    annemsexton Posts: 7 Member
    Think of all the sugar that’s in one small Easter egg
  • jammerx37
    jammerx37 Posts: 30 Member
    momdedge4 wrote: »
    Google this... Under Armour: 150 million users affected by MyFitnessPal data breach

    Yes seems to be the rule rather than the exception. Companies need to be on there "a" game. Your data will get hacked, its not if but when. Be mindful of what info you share.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,833 Member
    Wow I don't know who started this post. But so many new people all the time. Good luck to all.
  • glacierlilly1
    glacierlilly1 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm 46, count me in!
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    38 m and single
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,833 Member
    Ur in B)
  • fitnsassy911
    fitnsassy911 Posts: 22 Member
    Add away
  • bikini_bug
    bikini_bug Posts: 15 Member
    I’m 41, have the energy of a 31 and met people who are living their best lives in their 50s and 60s...so, age is but a number! :-) feel free to add me too!