Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yay, eggs!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I eat them most days. They are healthy, high protein, low calorie, and easy to eat while driving to work.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have been because they have them at the cafeteria at work - I agree with the others - filling, high in protein and easy to add to your log. Calories are not too bad either.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    I do about 70 a week, absolute staple for me whilst cutting, some with the yolk, some without.
    I find to hit my protein macros, usually I have to eat protein only based foods as my last meal.
    I'm a spicy food freak and love a spicy chicken tikka omelette with extra hot sauce.
    t87hdppf5dgy.jpg

My goodness, this looks amazing!
  • may3161
    may3161 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes 4 egg whites for breakfast every day.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    When I was poor at a university I ate 2 dozen eggs a week. I'd say its fine
  • sleepycourtney
    sleepycourtney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my favorite protein. I like to fry them up with some fresh spinach and purple/red onion.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and eat a lot of them. As long as I can change how I eat them, I could definitely eat them every day. My favourite is a toss up between over easy and frittata.
  • staraly
    staraly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, especially for breakfast, but I can't eat them every morning like I used to because of allergy. I'm not allergic to eggs themselves but they increase the histamine response so my reactions are heightened, and occasionally scary. I've had some allergy testing done but am waiting to do more. Hopefully, I can cut out whatever I'm reacting to and have eggs for breaky again.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters.

Regular eggs are high calorie (I mean, for what you get, IMO). Each large egg is between 70-90 calories depending on what source you believe. And yet they offer basically zero satiety for me. They're like eating air. Even something like a three-egg omelette with a load of veggies just has no real staying power. I'm hunger 30 minutes later.

I make an egg-beater breakfast burrito that comes in at 350 calories. Vegetarian sausage, low calorie cheese slice and some salsa with some egg beaters and a flour tortilla. Way more of a flavor packed meal and has far better satiety.

I love eggs. Don't get me wrong. But the calorie-to-satiety ratio is horrible for me.

You can also just eat the egg whites...

I used to buy the beaters too but you can save a lot of money. I eat one whole carton of egg whites at a time.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 2-5 a day, everyday. I love eggs.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    The yolk is the best part of the egg IMO.

It is good. But I prefer to split up my macros. If I eat the whites for lunch, I can get my fat from avocado or somewhere else.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I used to buy the beaters too but you can save a lot of money. I eat one whole carton of egg whites at a time.

That has always seemed incredibly wasteful to me. Especially in a house full of people who actually do eat eggs, like my wife and kids.

Egg Beaters are also way easier to deal with. No cracking of eggs, no siphoning off the yoke. Open and pour.

To each his/her own.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

That has always seemed incredibly wasteful to me. Especially in a house full of people who actually do eat eggs, like my wife and kids.

Egg Beaters are also way easier to deal with. No cracking of eggs, no siphoning off the yoke. Open and pour.

To each his/her own.

If the carton is more expensive I personally don't see it as wasteful. Plus side: you get to make ice cream/custard/hollandaise/mayo/pudding or whatever else yolks do from time to time at no extra cost. I wouldn't know, though, we don't have carton egg whites.