To Mordor!

Options

Replies

• cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Also, I've decided that I'm not going to follow Frodo and Sam the entire way -- I figure I'll follow whoever has the most interesting journey plan for a given leg of the journey. And, as a reward for all of the walking and/or running, I'm going to treat myself to hiking, horseback riding, rowing, or rock climbing, whenever it's called for in the story line. :D And I'll additionally be treating myself to a round of drinks when I reach the Prancing Pony.

As of last night, I walked 4.05 miles at night past a local farm bordered by trees. For my next walk, I'll be crossing The Water on a plank bridge (or, you know, on any local bride I can find). ;)
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Best.Idea.Ever
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH yes, drinks when we get to the Prancing Pony! For me that's like forever away; 135 miles - I'm only 2 miles in. So in a few months I can have those Prancing Pony drinks, haha. But YES! Great idea. Now I wish I'd been able to convince my friends to do this with me so I'd have someone to drink with!

Oh, and on day one of my journey I did a sparrow's fart of what Frodo did in his first day - 1.42 miles, so I've just left Bag End and gotten through the gate into the lane... Aw. Slowly does it!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I don't really want to go there. It's not a very nice place. Full of orcses.
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    Looooooove!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Only vaguely related but I was eating my breakfast and planning the day's snacks/lunch and realized.... I eat like a Hobbit:
    breakfast (6am quickie), second breakfast (breakfast), elevensies (mid morning snack), luncheon (lunch), tea (afternoon snack), dinner (early evening snack) and supper (supper).

Hmmm who knew the trainers of the world got their meal plans from Middle Earth?

Hey, that's basically what I do too haha.
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've started a blog for tracking my progress to Mordor:

http://outoferiador.wordpress.com/

Is anyone else blogging about this or tracking their progress elsewhere?
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    If and when some1 comes up with a COMPLETE map
    then i would love to keep track.
    I walk 1 to 2 miles a day (Thank you Leslie Sansone)
    and then do other exercise on top of that.
  • ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! Here is a quick pic I made up for your ticker.
    Shire to Rivendell to Lothlorien to Rauros to Mt. Doom

LOTR-1.jpg
  • losgan
    losgan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love this idea! It gives me someplace to picture while I am on the treadmill (which can be sooooo boring).

9658254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    That's PRECIOUS!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce! I'm in...I'm already trying for an even 1000 before the end of the year...what's another hundred or so? Lol.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Only vaguely related but I was eating my breakfast and planning the day's snacks/lunch and realized.... I eat like a Hobbit:
    breakfast (6am quickie), second breakfast (breakfast), elevensies (mid morning snack), luncheon (lunch), tea (afternoon snack), dinner (early evening snack) and supper (supper).

Hmmm who knew the trainers of the world got their meal plans from Middle Earth?

Hey, that's basically what I do too haha.

I actually have my meals listed in Hobbit time, lol.
  • laureneva15
    Options
    I'm in cos you need people of intelligence on this type of mission... quest... thing
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    One does not simply walk into Mordor!

*Like!*

High five!

Great minds think alike!
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    An update on my journey to Mordor: Cross The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge. Enter Tookland.

I've walked 5.4 miles in the last 3 days. We're on the way!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    An update on my journey to Mordor: Cross The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge. Enter Tookland.

I've walked 5.4 miles in the last 3 days. We're on the way!

You should go get a ticker off tickerfactory to use. I love mine and it keeps me motivated.
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So how do we starrt this?
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I cannot run all the way to Isengaard!
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Wow! i love how geeky we all are! Such a brill idea this is!

11.5 miles in, i just cant wait to see old Bilbo again!