JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :/ (Made it to 6 cups)
    2. Log all the food I eat :/ (Had a small snack after I closed out the day in MFP)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :/ (The small snack made me over in my calories but only a little.)
    4. Go to the gym :)
    5. Laundry :)
    6. Complete 3 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Go to the gym
    5. Complete 5 orders from my shop
    6. Take down Easter decorations
    7. Try to figure out what's wrong with the vacuum
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I will have to come back and read posts so I can see how everyone's doing today. Right now I have time to quickly post goals for today.

JFT [Tuesday]:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Drink eight 8oz glasses of water
    3. Try to get my new FitBit set up and get my steps in! So excited it finally arrived. My other one finally died yesterday so was tickled new one came in mail yesterday.
    4. 30 minutes activity.
    5. Go to lymphedema massage therapy appointment. This has been very discouraging because my arm is not responding this time around. It has always responded well in the past.
    6. Lymphatic massage x2
    7. Tiny Habits (already did 2 of them)
    8. NO ICE CREAM OR BROWNIES TONIGHT. Tell DH no thank you.
    9. Evening routine: Simple Abundance, New Day New You, Gratitude Journal
    10. Podcasts - Optimal Living Daily, Optimal Health Daily and pick one more.
    11. Prep for tomorrow's meetings before I leave today.
    12. Go to bed on time even though BIL & SIL will be arriving today from CO for a visit.

Have a great day! I wish I had time to read your posts right now, but I will hop on during my lunch hour to catch up!

Big hugs to everyone.
    T.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So I am reading another book about emotional eating, called "Shrink Yourself ... Break free from emotional eating". I know for me, this is my hardest thing in trying to lose weight ... something bothers me, I eat. I get depressed, I eat, I am tired, I eat, ...... etc etc etc.

The chapter I am reading is to try and figure out the triggers are .. whether it be people, events, moods, etc. Well, tonite my daughter came out with her laundry. She gave me a list of groceries, since I use the disability money to buy her groceries. Usually I "make" her go with me, but she was dressed in shorts (and it is 34 degrees out and raining), I could tell her anxiety was high, so I went by myself.
    Well, I help her carry out her groceries since she had a ton of laundry. Her car was so stuffed with junk, there was hardly any room for the groceries. I put 2 bags in the back seat, and suggested she put the other 2 in the front. She proceeded to just "stuff" the groceries in the back seat .... groceries spilling all over the car. I try to get her to take her time, put them in the front seat, but then she gets mad, and says it is OK. Her anxiety causes her to do things like this, because when she gets high anxiety, she just wants to leave in a hurry, and does everything quickly, no matter the outcome -- like groceries spilling all over the car.

But .... I came back in the house. .... and the first thing I started to do was look for something to eat .... anything. I was ready to just grab some crackers, but I stopped myself. Because I knew those crackers would have led to a bowl of ice cream, probably popcorn, and a nite of eating.

I am hoping that I can learn to recognize these triggers, and stop them like I was able to do tonite.... just by coming on here and "venting". So, I am sorry for my venting, but you guys saved my day..... :)

I am now sewing, drinking my water, and can for the first time in a long time, call this day a success for me. One day ..... now, to try and do this for another day tomorrow.

That sounds like a book a lot of people could use, my biggest trigger for eating is boredom. If I keep busy I don't even think about food until I'm actually hungry. Awesome job on not eating your emotions after the grocery shopping excursion, if venting is what it takes vent away! That's another way friends support each other.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    karenleona wrote: »
    Like many people here , I am an emotional eater. Any emotion and I eat. Lots of family stress over the weekend but trying to stick with the plan.
    Did not go crazy on Easter. Could have been better but not awful.
    Wanted to walk the dogs today but too tired/lazy/unmotivated/stressed/sore after a 12 hr shift. Perhaps tomorrow? Not optimistic. One of the challenges with 12 hr shifts is when to exercise

Goals for Tuesday
    Eat only packed meals, snacks and 1 pkg arrowroot cookies
    Limit eating after I get home from work.
    Try and look forward.

Karen

What do you do for your 12 hour shift? I worked them for a lot of years, they suck the energy right out of you and if you have any sort of commute you can easily eat up your whole day just for work.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT 4/3
    log everything
    stay on my Always hungry plan--easy so far
    drink 80--30 down. I must have been holding water last week bc i've had to run to the restroom so much yesterday and today...
    yoga class!
    prep for tomorrow
    need to work on my scarf.
  • missheidi
    Options
    THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! i should NOT have to pee every 30 minutes!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »

Your body will adjust, I promise! I drink 96oz of water per day on average. Believe me, I do not pee every half hour.
  • missheidi
    Options

i'm actually not drinking water right now. i can't keep running to the potty.
  • missheidi
    Options

Your body will adjust, I promise! I drink 96oz of water per day on average. Believe me, I do not pee every half hour.

mine, sadly has never adjusted. i drink 80 oz most days. i just have a bladder the size of a walnut.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options

30 minutes ---- I am having to pee every 15-20 minutes!!!! But that means you are drinking your water!!! GOOD JOB!!!! But ... they do say our bodies will adjust.
  • missheidi
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

30 minutes ---- I am having to pee every 15-20 minutes!!!! But that means you are drinking your water!!! GOOD JOB!!!! But ... they do say our bodies will adjust.

if i was going to adjust, it would have been months ago.
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    JFT:

Eat within macros
    2 litres of water
    Lift
    C25K
    10k steps
    Vitamin d
    Pray
    No refined carbs
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

JFT, 4/3/18

1. Log all food :)Barely ate anything all day. I had an apple and two cups of coffee in the morning, a cup of coffee on break around 12 and another when I left work. I just had a really big dinner so I'm not in the lower red zone now and I'm pretty full. Lol
    2. 72oz of water :)Working on my 3rd or 4th so I will definitely hit my goal.
    3. Up @ 6 :)
    4. Morning Routine :|I think I need to get back into the habit of a morning routine again. I have been slacking
    6. Pray/Bible :|Prayed while sitting in the car waiting to go into work. Haven't cracked open my Bible in a few weeks though.
    7. Work 8:15-5:15 :)We only got out 15 minutes late tonight! I was home by 5:45 this evening!
    8. Make to-do list for DH :)I did...however...see below
    9. Drop off check on break :'(I should have called before I left. They must have been out to lunch or something because the door was locked when I got there.
    10. Shopping lists :)For the most part. I just have to add them to my online shopping websites. Lol
    11. Call doc about appt :|I'm just going to let my DH go on his own. He's a big boy. He doesnt need me to be there every time. Lol
    12. Dinner/Dishes :)I had dinner on the table before 7 tonight! Made a quick and easy dinner(which also happens to be the DH's favorite)
    13. Shutdown by 10:15 :)Well considering it's only 8pm, I'm going to assume that it will happen
    14. Bed by 11 :)See above.

Woo boy...how to describe my afternoon...Lol. Started with me going across town to my finance guy's office to drop off a check and he wasn't there. The door was locked but the lights were on so I'm assuming they were on their lunch break. I realized after I was on my way back to the office that I probably should have called beforehand.
    The DH was having a bad brain day. I think I may have mentioned that my DH has pretty severe post-concussion syndrome. You know all those football players that are suing the NFL because they weren't warned about the dangers of getting hit in the head repeatedly? Well, that's what the DH has. So he had a day full of confusion and inability to grasp onto thoughts and things. I asked him to run a few errands for me since he was off of work today. We had been meaning to get the car an oil change. We waited a tad too long. We're pretty sure he blew his head gasket. So add the bad brain day on top of his car becoming a pile of junk...means one super $hitty day for him. Couldn't it have waited for a week though? I reason I was dropping off the check to my guy was because he was going to invest part of it and give us a portion of the money as a direct deposit. I have no idea when that is going to happen. We were going to take a bunch of it to put down on a car for the DH. We cant do that until the money goes into my account...sigh...We have a plan though. It involves rides and drop-offs, borrowed cars and a whole lot of headaches. Lol. I'm hoping that the money goes in this week so that we can go get a car this weekend.

Anyway! Work went well. We were slow customer wise but kind of busy with processes and different reports and things. I'm learning a lot and having a pretty good time with it. My drawer was perfect today but that was probably because I didnt do many cash transactions. Lol.

Okay...onto goals!

JFT, 4/4/18

1. Log all food
    2. 72oz of water
    3. Up by 630(I have a later start but have to run errands)/weigh myself!!
    4. Coffee/MFP/BIBLE!
    5. Meditate/Pray 10 min
    6. Teeth/Makeup/Clothes
    7. Call FA/DH Bank/Drop off check!!
    8. Work 10:15-5:15
    9. Dinner/Treatment @ M&M's
    10. Home by 9:30
    11. Unplug by 11
    12. Bed by 12

I hope everyone is having a great evening! I'll "see" everyone in the morning!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    NSV didn't turn TV on last night before bed.

Yesterday's interview on "Half Size Me" podcast was hilarious. I could relate to the menopause discussion.

@slittlemeister I had to scroll ahead to see if you ate the egg! You have willpower!

Nice NSV! I would love to be able to do that!

I have the Half Size Me podcast downloaded on my phone but didn't listen to it yet. I'm going to make a point of it tomorrow because I blame everything on menopause! :)

I scrolled like crazy looking to see if @slittlemeister ate the egg too! Isn't it funny how invested we all are in each other's lives! I had to chuckle about this one! lol
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Attempt to log, even if it means guessing. ✔
    2. Use the "rest day" playlist alternating songs between runs and walks. ✔
    3. Finish blue folder; grade and enter at least 4 sets from green folder. ❌ Outline plans for Unit 5. ❌
    4. Lunch with B. ✔ Clothes donated. ✔ Call 9 Round about free week Apr 16-21. ✔
    5. Pay registration for Jacky. ✔ Pay for Class 2. ❌ Pay not-a-union dues. ❌ Pick up Left Hand of Darkness and Akata Warrior. ✔
    6. Leave for garden by 4:00. ✔ TAKE TICKETS. ✔ Leave at ticket window and pay for extras. ✔ Keep meds in car; take before return. ✔ Update JFT. ✔ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 10:00. ❌

JFT Wednesday
    1. Attempt to log, even if it means guessing.
    2. Use the "30" playlist for 24 minutes of running and 10 of walking.
    3. Finish green folder. Outline plans for Unit 5.
    4. Pay for class 2. Pay not-a-union dues.
    5. Leave for garden by 4:30. Keep meds in car; take before return. Update JFT. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 10:00.

Scale progress & goals

November: 183.6
    December: 176.6
    January: 174.6
    February: 173.6
    March: 179.6

April 3: 181.2 - Tomorrow is another day.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Work :)
    4. Quilt binding :| not tonight but that's ok. I was chilled and the warm cat was cuddled up on my lap.
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Garbage Day
    4. Scrappy Bags
    5. Pick up order for hubby
    6. Laundry
    7. Brush and floss
    8. Bed by 10:30