Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    tinaka2016 wrote: »
    tinaka2016 wrote: »
    I thought I'd share my view whilst hiking this afternoon, being out is awesome x
    That's Beautiful, where is that at?

It's in Oxfordshire, UK ❤️

Wow!
  • AdrienneB1111
    AdrienneB1111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @Renonelarock Hi! Just wondering what your miracle noodles are you mentioned in your post? My husband introduced our house to some yam noodles that are 0 carbs and 0 calories but for some reason they smell really fishy despite having absolutely no fish product in them and I don't care for the texture. Looking for a lower cal alternative to pasta.
  • AdrienneB1111
    AdrienneB1111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @Renonelarock Oops. Please disregard. After searching online I've learnt that this is a brand name and the same type of noodle we have just a different brand. One amazon review mentions the fish smell and texture too. Maybe I just have to get used to it. ;)
  • Renonelarock
    Renonelarock Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I rinsed them a bunch! And then put them in a sauté pan with all the ingredients.... I’ve read online there’s a way to get them more “pasta like” and dense but I still need to work on
    that ;)
  • terrid614
    terrid614 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Terri- 49, soon to be 50 in June!! ( yikes ) when did that happen?!?
    Feel free to add me, anyone! Love support! The weight is definitely harder to fall off but with some work, it’s definitely showing!! Good luck everyone!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning Lovely Ladies!!! Let's Rock and Roll today :)
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    46 here. I'm trying to lose 30 more pounds (I've already lost 20). The holidays and cold weather really did a number on me, and I'm trying to get back in the game this Spring!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    xhb8y7qihn8y.jpg
    Good Morning again, almost afternoon :) I see we have some new faces in here!!! Welcome to the group ladies!!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    sky15425 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Tracey 41 and I'm back after almost 2 years of not logging and up 12 pounds. Most of my friend list is inactive. Glad I found this forum.

Hi Tracey! Did you continue exercising during that time? I didn't log for about a year and a half and while I added weight, about half of it was muscle. So you may not have that much to drop.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    p7l7i6iz82qc.jpg
    Happy Tremendous Tuesday Ladies, let's get out there and kill it today!
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    42 here - down to the last 15lbs. It goes so much more slowly at the end than the beginning. :)
  • e_fou
    e_fou Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Niff314 wrote: »
    42 here - down to the last 15lbs. It goes so much more slowly at the end than the beginning. :)

I've had such a difficult time kicking things off with weight loss, if things get slower I will probably end up putting on weight! The whole thing needs such patience and positivity!
  • pensacolarunningirl
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 47. Started using MFP again about a month ago to log my food. I'm trying to get stronger. So far, I've dropped 7 lbs, but really hoping to gain more muscle.
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I rinsed them a bunch! And then put them in a sauté pan with all the ingredients.... I’ve read online there’s a way to get them more “pasta like” and dense but I still need to work on
    that ;)

Tried these so called slimming pastas a few times some years ago and they give me the most awful stomach pain a few hours later. Unfortunately too good to be true- for me anyway. :'(

Read a few reviews online and some other people had the same issues. I'm glad there's now courgette and butternut squash 'pasta' on the market.
  • qmaybe6
    qmaybe6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, need to lose 35 pounds. I did this before ,but I was much younger. It's hard and it taking forever for the weight to come off... but Im ready to face it.
  • qmaybe6
    qmaybe6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gotta stop over eating on weekends.
  • QueenieB76
    QueenieB76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I'm 42 in progress to loose about 60 pounds. Just joined MPG a few days ago, so figuring it all out still. I'm a mom to 5 and step mom to 1, oldest is 21, youngest is 2..you would think i wouldnt have the time to eat a lot with all of them but it is almost the opposite..i would eat horribly and lack exercise.
    I Would love to have friends in the same "boat" (age/loosing weight) as me for motivation, to share ideas, recipes, tips..you name it.

Have great evening all!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Welcome to all the new Ladies!!! You all have come to the right place, and I wish you much luck on your journeys!!!
    Happy Hump Day Everyone :):)
  • abbyjack2
    abbyjack2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and looking to lose 15-20 lbs. It has slowly been creeping up since i turned 40. Started this week doing Jillian Michels Revolution workouts. Hoping that will jump start the weight loss. Also starting to log in the food that I eat, per suggestions from several people on this site. Good luck!