Remember when that was a thing?

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited April 2018
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Did anyone else's mom make them wear culottes?

yes my mom would wear black tights that had a piece that went around the foot, big t's and then she'd tease her hair and wear a colourful head band.

Those tights were seriously painful to wear. They always rubbed your foot in a bad place and you'd be limping by the end of the day. I think I cut mine off at the ankle and created leggings (before leggings were a thing). Didn't realize I was fashion forward!

My mom made me a pair of those - overall top, culottes on the bottom but it was like a skirt over shorts. The skirt came off so it was two outfits in one. Made out of some crazy bright orange print with all the signs of the zodiac. Looking back I thought I was pretty groovy!

x3za3s8kciky.jpg

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Remember when this hair was a thing?
    qdzeui6xra8o.jpeg
    Oh man. So many memories. Like my Spring Break at Daytona Beach back in 2017.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Remember when this hair was a thing?
    qdzeui6xra8o.jpeg

I just saw that hair at the grocery store this morning! :D
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member

I was going to put this yesterday! I had a pair of mauve corduroy culottes and a pair of knickers almost the same color. I loved them! Not very practical, though. I was an avid outdoor roller-skater at the time.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    edited April 2018

I was going to put this yesterday! I had a pair of mauve corduroy culottes and a pair of knickers almost the same color. I loved them! Not very practical, though. I was an avid outdoor roller-skater at the time.

I assume by “knickers” you mean the knee-length trousers worn by newsboys and not undies.

I had a pair of olive green corduroy knickers I would wear with argyle socks. I remember insisting upon wearing them (with a matching mohair and acrylic blend sweater) on the first day of the eighth grade even though it was early September and near 90 degrees,
  • Kitcandoo7
    Kitcandoo7 Posts: 56 Member
    Banana clips.

Why? Gah!
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Electric Youth perfume and Caboodles
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I remember when people had alot more in common. Like common sense, decency and respect.

Me too :'(
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    When chia was a pet.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Never wearing a dress or a skirt without pantyhose was once a thing. :/
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Bubblegum jeans
    Safety pins on the side of your pants
    Corded phones with the extra long cord
    Call waiting
    Rotary dial phones
    Walkmans
    Ghetto blasters with dual tape decks
    Autorewind

Oh the list is endless!
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    When “Dirty Dancing” came out, I was the only one among my friends that was allowed to watch it. I thought I was so cool!! I was seven... :D
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    Parachute pants, leg warmers, Reebok leather hightops.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Did anyone have Fashion Plates? Where you would assemble the “models,” then rub over them with a crayon to create a person, then color it in?

I did! But... They were monsters and superheroes lol
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Did anyone have Fashion Plates? Where you would assemble the “models,” then rub over them with a crayon to create a person, then color it in?

I loved my fashion plates!!!