JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit rubbish. I was really busy at work and felt very slightly (hardly anything) light headed occasionally in the day. I think it was probably due to tiredness/overwork rather than anything major. However, went to give blood after work and they wouldn't let me (because of the light headedness thing). It was quite annoying as I waited for nearly an hour at the donation centre before not being able to donate.

Tipped me into a little 'feeling sorry for myself' mood and logged out a little. However, not as much as I would have done previously... I recognised what I was doing and stopped myself partway through. Went home and just chilled out on the sofa, watching Friends and napping. I think I needed that!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile: Even the stuff I pigged on, gah!
    - Stick to food plan :'( As above
    - 1 hour lunch break - catch up on life admin :neutral: Probably about half an hour, I had to call a colleague over lunch
    - Leave work BY 5pm (which means packing up BEFORE 5pm) :neutral: It was 5.10 when I left... But I did make my appointment on time (huh)
    - Tick 2+ things off personal life admin :neutral: I did one, but abandoned the idea of doing a second in order to veg out on the sofa!

Today's commitments:

- Stick to food plan
    - Buy soft drink to take to friend's for dinner, drink one large glass for every wine
    - Don't eat too much cheese!!!
    - 30+ minute lunch break - do relaxing things
    - Leave work BY 6.30pm (latest)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke (Ooooo, this is gonna be hard to do!!) :):) (I LOVE my Diet Coke, so I gulped down my water in record time!! LOL)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Laundry :)
    5. Finish 1 order from my shop :)
    6. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :) (Challenging, but with some advanced planning I was able to make it happen.)

JFT (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Get some more things together for May's garage sale
    6. Bring some deck furniture up from the basement (Maybe if I get it out on my deck it'll STOP SNOWING!! LOL! One can only hope.)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

So – JUST FOR TOMORROW
    Nope Up at six
    Nope Work at seven thirty left at 7:30 pm
    Nope Finish quarterly reviews
    :) Clear up AP issues with deceased employee payments - this one will be a process not a day
    Nope Fitness blender video
    :) YAY! and ….. wait for it …….. 8 glasses of water!

Oh yeah - I'm supposed to come back and check in...... Ok so just for yesterday was a bust.

Today is my work Friday. My Aunt is turning 90 this weekend and my mother called me a couple weeks ago asking if I would take her to the birthday. While dad has been gone a few years my mom and his sister remain close. It's a ten hour day in the car from her house; its three hours to her house from mine. I will go to her house after a 5K run tonight, then tomorrow we will head up. On the return on Monday it will be thirteen hours in the car. All worth it.

Today we have a Corporate 5K. Its an annual event and my company decided to sponsor employee participants this year. We will have amazing weather - forecast is for 77 degrees (25) at run time.

So now I have a hard deadline for leaving the office, I'll be out for two work days and I got to get some work done!

JFT

Do a 5K
    Finish reviews
    Drink 64 oz water
    Do not eat Popeyes
    Do not eat in the car driving to moms
    If the VP offers to buy me a drink after the run make it a tonic w. lime
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday April 11
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Do 10 Something's every hour - :| It was such a dreary day yesterday I struggled staying awake, I did do it a few times though.
    Write in Journal - :)
    Work on training manual - :( No, I am still at a loss on this, mostly because I'm not getting answers I need from head office.

JFT - Thursday April 12
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Do 10 Something's EVERY hour
    Write in Journal
    Work on Training Manual

Yesterday was Grandkid Wednesday, at supper my daughter mentioned my granddaughter had a spurt and she only had one pair of pants left that fit. We went to Walmart after supper and I bought her a couple pairs. I usually count my walks around a store at a slow pace. Last night Michaela (2 Yrs) decided she wanted to push the cart. There was no stopping her without a tantrum and it wasn't busy so we let her. MFP doesn't have a Walk with speed as "slower than a snail on crutches", so I only logged 10 minutes on my 40 minute walk.

Today I am meeting a friend for a movie right after work, I have to figure out if I should have a late lunch or risk finding something to eat at the theatre that won't blow my calories. It will be hard to resist a Coke and nachos.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 " MFP doesn't have a Walk with speed as "slower than a snail on crutches", so I only logged 10 minutes on my 40 minute walk."
    :D:D:D:D ROFL It's a good thing I went and got rid of my water reserves before I sat down to read this morning. You're hilarious.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 " MFP doesn't have a Walk with speed as "slower than a snail on crutches", so I only logged 10 minutes on my 40 minute walk."
    :D:D:D:D ROFL It's a good thing I went and got rid of my water reserves before I sat down to read this morning. You're hilarious.

I agree! OMG! I almost spit out my coffee! LOL! Funny!
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so weigh in this morning and my weight is up!
    I’m going to weigh myself tomorrow and Saturday to make sure it’s accurate because it’s quite a large amount (around 8lbs?!)

I love how i can look at the scale, and although disheartened by what I see it really gives me the boost to get the number down! I own my body and it’s down to me to sort it out! Only I can bring my weight down by the actions I take so best get to it! I’ve got 30 lbs to lose so why am I sitting around not doing anything about it!
    So today’s goals:

- 8 glasses minimum! - aim for 10 if I can
    - log all food exactly.
    - Stay in the green
    - Exercise - any exercise, literally anything.

I could have written this same thing today! I couldn't believe how high my weight was today. I don't feel that I ate a ton yesterday, and I was in the green, so I was really disheartened by that. But I am even more resolved today to be lower tomorrow.

I LOVE your last goal! I think I am going to have to steal that one from you. Made me laugh because it is SO TRUE! I literally could do ANYTHING and it would be better than normal.

I know I'm not eating enough to cause the weight gain, so it HAS to be that I am not very active. HUGS!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Wow just got totally flummoxed when I couldn’t find this thread on page 1 of Motivation and Support! Is it quiet on here or just busy elsewhere on the forum?

Anyway, have had a good day today. Little bit housebound because of the kitty but exercised and also managed to hit over 10k steps so I’m happy.

Today’s goals
    - exercise early (hope kitty lets me!) ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Drink 3ltr+ water ✅
    - Phone vet re new kitten check up ✅
    - Phone alarm company :| I will do this tomorrow
    - L finish holiday homework ✅
    - Early night ✅

Tomorrow’s goals:
    - exercise early
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - 3ltr + water (made such a difference today!)
    - Girls’ friends over 10-1
    - Vet appt 10.40
    - Call alarm company
    - Get kids packed for weekend with their dad
    - Early night

Night gang - hope everyone is doing well x
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    I must have forgot to post my goals last nite ..... because I can't find them! But, I am doing so much better this week. Thank you for the suggestion of Tiny Habits! This has really helped me not only in water, but in watching what I eat. I love it!
    Tonite I took my daughter to Mercers for frozen yogurt ... and I even shocked myself .... I made the tinest bowl for myself. Only put in about 4 bites of frozen yogurt, with a couple spoons of strawberries. Usually, I would have made a large bowl for myself. We are going to do this now .... no more ice cream in the house!
    And I got in over 10 cups of water today :):) You all know how hard it has been for me to remember water .. filling that water bottle up right after breakfast reminds me .... and I've filled it I think 5x today already!

So my goals for tomorrow will be similar
    1. go to the gym
    2. fish fry tomorrow- so eat 2 pieces then stop. Maybe a few fries and slaw, but since we are only eating 1 meal, I think I will be OK. (Doing usual breakfast, and just a protein shake for lunch)
    3. call insurance companies to see if I get get daughters car insurance lowered
    4. clean house
    5. work on cutting out quilt pieces. I have to cut a total of 1120 pieces! Yes, I know, I am nuts!
    6. do TIny habits:
    after my shower .... I will take my vitamin
    After breakfast ..... I will fill up my water bottle
    After dinner ..... I will brush and floss my teeth
    7. Water challenge --- 8 cups
    7. get back on here ... be accountable.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Okay so weigh in this morning and my weight is up!
    I’m going to weigh myself tomorrow and Saturday to make sure it’s accurate because it’s quite a large amount (around 8lbs?!)

There is no way you could gain 8 pounds in a week ... unless you ate an extra 28000 calories!!! It is just water weight, etc. You are doing great @Bex! With 3 little ones to take care of , I am so proud of you for just showing up on this thread and having any goals at all!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Do 10 Something's every hour - :| It was such a dreary day yesterday I struggled staying awake, I did do it a few times though.

You make me laugh as well!! I love this one! :D
  • mytime6630
    edited April 2018
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke (Ooooo, this is gonna be hard to do!!) :):) (I LOVE my Diet Coke, so I gulped down my water in record time!! LOL)
    )
    I am the same way --- love my diet coke! But I realized that was also causing me to not drink as much water. Good idea to have water before the diet coke!
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Studio time. I really want the pink and blue completed. Should be doable before Sunday! I'll let you know. Not yet but :)
    4. Bottles to depot :)
    5. Declutter more :) a tiny bit
    6. Make creme brulee :)
    7. Brush and floss :)
    8. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Studio time... finish quilt?
    4. Declutter
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    @joan6630 I'm so happy the tiny habits program is working for you. I've been told you can re-signup too. <3
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    So today’s goals:

- 8 glasses minimum! - :)
    - log all food exactly. :)
    - Stay in the green :(
    - Exercise - any exercise, literally anything. :)

Think I was a little enthusiastic in thinking I could suddenly drop to 1200 cals/day! I ate around 1600 and exercised off 250! Although I remember aaaages ago this is how I managed the 1200, I ate more than 1200 but exercised myself into the green still!
    So that needs a bit more work!

Water Challenge
    Apr 1: 6 glasses
    Apr 2: 6 glasses
    Apr 3: 6 glasses
    Apr 4: 8 glasses!
    Apr 5: 3 glasses
    Apr 6: 8 glasses!
    Apr 7: 9 glasses!!
    Apr 8: 8 glasses!
    Apr 9: 8 glasses!
    Apr 10: 6 glasses
    Apr 11: 4 glasses
    Apr 12: 8 glasses

Goals for Fri

- 8 glasses
    - Log all food exactly!
    - Make Choices that will sustain me for longer
    - No chocolate today
    - exercise

Not really got much planned today, raining again.
    Already tidied girls room..again, but it certainly wasn’t as bad as the other day!
    Got to tidy kitchen from last night and think I’ll just do bit and bobs in the lounge seeing as the girls are playing in it!
    Bathroom needs a clean today too.

I fixed that pipe at the back of her house, well I say fixed I just positioned it into place and kicked it on ahaha
    It’s just the waste pipe that comes from the washing machine so all the water and detergent was pouring onto our back patio.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    5. Get some more things together for May's garage sale :)
    6. Bring some deck furniture up from the basement :)

JFT (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym with my hubby
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday April 12
    2L of Water - :( No, only 6
    Stay in Green - :/ Well MFP says yes, but I caved and had the nachos and when I was logging I think the calorie count was under. So I logged it, but I don't know if it was accurate.
    Do 10 Something's EVERY hour - :) I did at work, not in the evening. I don't think others in the theatre would have appreciated it.
    Write in Journal - :( No, I was too tired.
    Work on Training Manual - :/ Yes, I did get some more questions answered which made more work. I have to create some procedures before I can right a training manual

JFT - Friday April 13
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Do 10 Something's every hour
    Write in Journal
    Work on Training Manual
    Do Taxes

I went to see the movie I Can Only Imagine last night with a dear friend of mine. I knew it was based on a Christian song, but that was about it. What a beautiful story, it caught me off guard a couple of times and my friend had to had me a tissue. I ate the nachos and had a small coke. I'm not beating myself up over it, I counted it as supper.

Today is Friday the 13th, these days always make me smile. I was born on a Friday the 13th, my Dad always told me he had bad luck ever after. It always makes me smile thinking of him saying that with his eyes just twinkling at his own joke.

It's snowy again today, we broke a weather record today. We have not reached plus 0 celsius for more than 24 hours in 167 days! The stores have stopped stocking salt for melting the ice so I get to skate almost every morning on the way to the car without even putting skates on! Does that count as exercise?

Tomorrow is the weekend again, I love my time off but need to come up with a routine at home for moving, drinking my water and eating properly like I do during the work week. I think I will be more successful that way.

Have a great day everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    Playing catch-up!

Recap W 4/11
    1) Skipped treadmill before work ~ I'm so sick of treadmill walking :# / walk dog after work = Walked dog after work 3.77 mi 1:02:40 / happy dog & happy me B) (missed neighborhood assoc. meeting)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,319 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 42 floors :smiley:
    3) Leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green / more water than T / monitor usual = Net calories / sodium / sugar red, protein good, fiber ok & 13c water :/
    4) Remember projector & check-in box for Th seminar = Took stuff w/ me & returned to office F :smile:
    5) At least 2 to-do's in evening = After dog walk, refilled birdfeeders, scrubbed & refilled heated birdbath, brushed dog out (LOTS of fur outside & not in house) ~ happy with that :smiley:
    6) FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 (reset alarm) :smiley:

Th 4/12 ~ busy & sedentary day... 8 hour seminar, and I arrived 30 min. early to handle check-in table & give projector to speaker, plus total drive time to/fro 1:20. No time for treadmill before & choir in evening, so lots of sitting all day. No idea of refreshments & lunch provided... maybe will take some of my own snacks. On bright side, this month I will have completed 3/4 of my annual CPE requirement.

Recap Th ~ even nuttier start to day b/c hubby had to report to courthouse at 8:30 a.m. for jury pool & he got selected! After working his shift until W midnight, then doing his civic duty on jury, he returned home mid-afternoon & still reported to work! Anyway, my recap: Skipped seminar's morning mini muffins and donut holes / ate power muffin I brought with me. Lunch was build your own sandwich, kettle chips & cookies. I ate a little of everything, had 1 cookie, then picked up southwest salad at McDs for supper on way home & logged my best guess: net calories / sodium / sugar red, fiber ok, protein good & 12c water. Fitbit 7,846 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 & 8 floors.

JFT F the 13th!
    1) Treadmill before work / 3 mi 49:47 / stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Leftovers for lunch / supper planned / net calories green / monitor usual
    4) Deposit seminar checks at bank after work / evening 1-2 to-do's

Winter storm watch has begun ~ raining now, will change to ice & snow & windy Saturday, through Sunday evening or Monday morning. :o ACK!!! Wish Mother Nature would look at the calendar ~ I really want to walk dog instead of treadmill. :p
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday April 12
    2L of Water - :( No, only 6
    Stay in Green - :/ Well MFP says yes, but I caved and had the nachos and when I was logging I think the calorie count was under. So I logged it, but I don't know if it was accurate.
    Do 10 Something's EVERY hour - :) I did at work, not in the evening. I don't think others in the theatre would have appreciated it.
    Write in Journal - :( No, I was too tired.
    Work on Training Manual - :/ Yes, I did get some more questions answered which made more work. I have to create some procedures before I can right a training manual

JFT - Friday April 13
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Do 10 Something's every hour
    Write in Journal
    Work on Training Manual
    Do Taxes

I went to see the movie I Can Only Imagine last night with a dear friend of mine. I knew it was based on a Christian song, but that was about it. What a beautiful story, it caught me off guard a couple of times and my friend had to had me a tissue. I ate the nachos and had a small coke. I'm not beating myself up over it, I counted it as supper.

Today is Friday the 13th, these days always make me smile. I was born on a Friday the 13th, my Dad always told me he had bad luck ever after. It always makes me smile thinking of him saying that with his eyes just twinkling at his own joke.

It's snowy again today, we broke a weather record today. We have not reached plus 0 celsius for more than 24 hours in 167 days! The stores have stopped stocking salt for melting the ice so I get to skate almost every morning on the way to the car without even putting skates on! Does that count as exercise?

Tomorrow is the weekend again, I love my time off but need to come up with a routine at home for moving, drinking my water and eating properly like I do during the work week. I think I will be more successful that way.

Have a great day everyone!

My middle daughter was born on the 13th, don’t think it was a Friday but she will inevitably have a Fri 13th bday on some years lol!