Looking good for the New Year- challenge!

Options

Replies

• dchillin65
    dchillin65 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I'll update tomorrow with my measurements. Friday weigh in/measurements sounds great.

SW: 180
    CW: 177
    Aug GW: 169
    GW: 139
  • SarahHays82
    Options
    Sounds like just what I need too! :) Count me in!!
  • jeniineko
    Options
    Hi! I just started this site and am excited to see people with other long-term goals!

SW: 230
    CW: 224
    GW: 190 (12/31/11)

I'm also going to be trying to do at least 50 Miles per month starting in September. ((I'm moving back to school next weekend and have RA training from 7am to 9pm some days.... So, I'm going to try and do a Netflix workout each night during this time period. Its going to be rough fitting things in these first two weeks, but, I can do it!!!

Starting August 29th, I have my official schedule! I'm hoping to mix in Netflix workout videos, the gym, and some fitness classes (I'm thinking Pilates, Zumba, and/or Yoga-depends what's offered when I don't have class!). My building is right next to the gym, so, I think it'll constantly remind me to go!

=) Here's to looking good for the New ear!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!

6' tall
    SW - 190
    CW - 189
    Goal by New Year's - 165

Bust 38.5
    Waist 32.0
    Hips 39.0

I just took my measurements a few days ago, and realized I'd lost 7", though I've not really lost any weight, so my challenge is going to be to actually lose lbs.! Hopefully, with your support and encouragement, it'll happen! :-)
  • extra
    extra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on and off so often that I need something to help me stick to my goals and this seems perfect!

SW: 162
    CW: 159.3
    GW: 135
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!! :) I look forward to getting to know you all and shedding some serious lbs with you!

Let's get to know each other a little!

I'm Aubrey, think I said that before...I live in Snow Country NY, I'm mama to a wonderful 3 year old and have the best hubs in the world. I'm general manager of a hotel, and I love to eat (hopefully we can get rid of that! LOL), sing, sew, quilt, knit and read. Among other things. When it comes to fitness, I hate running, and I love group exercise classes (zumba, step, etc.)
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'm Katie. I'm a 30yo married SAHM of 2. I suffered a stroke in Dec. 2008, right after my 28th bday. I've made an amazing recovery, and am now looking to get more fit. I love to sew and crochet. I'm currently working with a non-profit that cleans homes for families who have children going through cancer treatments (at no cost!). I make dolls and they leave one of my dolls as a gift to the child going through treatments. I also sell them, with a portion of the profits going to the non-profit. Please go check them out @ www.facebook.com/daffodolls and the non-profit is www.facebook.com/timeinabottle. I know lots of you have kids, so if you're so inclined, please order one and help us out!! You'll fall in love, I promise! :-)

Good luck, friends!
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    Hi! I just started this site and am excited to see people with other long-term goals!

SW: 230
    CW: 224
    GW: 190 (12/31/11)

I'm also going to be trying to do at least 50 Miles per month starting in September. ((I'm moving back to school next weekend and have RA training from 7am to 9pm some days.... So, I'm going to try and do a Netflix workout each night during this time period. Its going to be rough fitting things in these first two weeks, but, I can do it!!!

Starting August 29th, I have my official schedule! I'm hoping to mix in Netflix workout videos, the gym, and some fitness classes (I'm thinking Pilates, Zumba, and/or Yoga-depends what's offered when I don't have class!). My building is right next to the gym, so, I think it'll constantly remind me to go!

=) Here's to looking good for the New ear!

Is this your first year as an RA? I remember RA training hell weeks! I loved my time as an RA, some of the best memories of my life!
  • Karen_need_2lose
    Options
    I want in.
    SW: {sigh} 243 :(
    GW 200
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I'm in!!

5' 3" tall
    SW - 144
    Goal by New Year's - 129

I get to go on a vacation in January that contains wearing a swimsuit....let's just say that my goal is to rock that swimsuit and make my husband proud!!!
  • Coliepie717
    Options
    Here we go......Im 5'4" SW is 195 GW is 145 Hips-46 Waist-41 Hips- 46

Haven't come up with a solid workout plan yet, but the goal is to do my cardio (walk the dog) every morning and then do 3 times of a week of cardio/weight training or a workout DVD. I really have high hopes of being able to do a 5K soon!

Here's to getting skinny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    Am In....
    am 5'4" tall
    CW- 172lbs
    Goal by NEw Year's 152lbs

My msrmnts are

Neck =15"
    Waist=39"
    Hips=42"

My name is Erika I live in California... about 20mnts away from San Francisco :flowerforyou: , am an accountant and I started MFP back in December 2010 did lost 20lbs.... but than some things went wrong and I ended up falling off the wagon :ohwell: which caused me to gain all that weight back up.......... I finally got things "under control" (hopefully, crossing my fingers) and am back on track now.... :happy: I've clean up my pantry and gotten all "fat free, reduce fat, 0 trans fat, products :flowerforyou: , I gotten rid of all sugary stuff and I am now ready to shed this "extras" ......
    I have to admit it tho' I need more MOTIVATION.....
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    Erika, Same thing happened to me at the beginning of this year. I had lost 30 and put them all back on. ughhh. Back now though and ready to do it this time!

I'll post a google doc tomorrow with everyone's info. If you haven't posted it yet, please do!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I hope i made the deadline! the longterm challenge excites me. My name is LaToya, mother of 2 babies, a 2 year old and a soon to be 1 year old. Ready to shred the baby weight for good. My workout plan for the month is Ripped in 30 by Jillian Micheals and to start training for my 1st 5k. I want to become a runner. Runners are slim in trim! In my lifetime i want to complete a 1/2 marathon..unsure about a full one..i mean 26 miles?!?!?! geezzzzzz!! i like jillian micheals since a lot of my working out needs to be at home in the early am before work and mommytime begins. very excited to join!! lets get sexy for 2012!!

SW- 154
    Gw-135
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Quick question, how ofter are we weighing in, measuring?
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    Welcome LaToya! I know just what you mean about squeezing workouts around mommy time! It's tough!!

nisijam-Weighing in on Fridays weekly, and I think measurements every 4th friday...How does that sound to everyone?
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    hope im not too late? i'd love to be in on this one. i am a mommy, wife, teacher etc! I am looking forward to looking good and being healthy in the new year!!!

SW 191
    GW 145
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome LaToya! I know just what you mean about squeezing workouts around mommy time! It's tough!!

nisijam-Weighing in on Fridays weekly, and I think measurements every 4th friday...How does that sound to everyone?

*I like* Nice recovery time from the weekends!!!
  • MommyRobot
    Options
    hope im not too late? i'd love to be in on this one. i am a mommy, wife, teacher etc! I am looking forward to looking good and being healthy in the new year!!!

SW 191
    GW 145

Jump right in! :)
  • MommyRobot
    Options

*I like* Nice recovery time from the weekends!!!

I like the way you think! LOL