Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why do people deny CICO ?

Options

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

You have 34 posts, and I'm pretty confident at least 10 of them are in debate threads complaining about the bad advice we give :neutral:

While I get your point, I'm not sure post count has any reliable relationship with the quality of posts.

People with high post counts can provide really bad information, while those with low counts can provide good information.

Not sure what citing post count does to advance an argument. Seems more like a logical fallacy to cite post count.

A previous poster said that she wished people who complain about the advice we give, would spend some time volunteering their own wisdom in threads rather than just complaining about us. Her response, which I quoted, was "I do". I would think the number of posts she has is incredibly relevant to that assertion. If she was volunteering time offering advice to others, she would have more than 34 posts. But I get it, it's fun to just pop into a 30 page thread and criticize someone.

It's a lot easier to say "You're doing it wrong" than to try to do it yourself. I suppose this would be a better community if we all just stopped posting these CICO related responses and just let all the newbies debate whether ACV or Hydroxycut are the best way to lose weight.

Hey, OG Hyroxycut actually worked.
  • stanmann571
    Options

You have 34 posts, and I'm pretty confident at least 10 of them are in debate threads complaining about the bad advice we give :neutral:

While I get your point, I'm not sure post count has any reliable relationship with the quality of posts.

People with high post counts can provide really bad information, while those with low counts can provide good information.

Not sure what citing post count does to advance an argument. Seems more like a logical fallacy to cite post count.

A previous poster said that she wished people who complain about the advice we give, would spend some time volunteering their own wisdom in threads rather than just complaining about us. Her response, which I quoted, was "I do". I would think the number of posts she has is incredibly relevant to that assertion. If she was volunteering time offering advice to others, she would have more than 34 posts. But I get it, it's fun to just pop into a 30 page thread and criticize someone.

It's a lot easier to say "You're doing it wrong" than to try to do it yourself. I suppose this would be a better community if we all just stopped posting these CICO related responses and just let all the newbies debate whether ACV or Hydroxycut are the best way to lose weight.

I remember taking Hydroxycut in the late 1990s when it still had ephedra, with my heart just hammering for hours, lol. It was very effective and I'm grateful that it didn't kill me :)

I ended up taking just a very low dose, and managed to lose 20 or 30 lbs in the month. I felt really good.... slept great, had plenty of energy for training and managed to keep the weight off.... for a while(almost 2 years)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

I remember taking Hydroxycut in the late 1990s when it still had ephedra, with my heart just hammering for hours, lol. It was very effective and I'm grateful that it didn't kill me :)

I ended up taking just a very low dose, and managed to lose 20 or 30 lbs in the month. I felt really good.... slept great, had plenty of energy for training and managed to keep the weight off.... for a while(almost 2 years)

I was drinking heavily and living on a happy hour pub food diet 4-5 nights a week (chicken fingers, fries, mozzarella sticks, potato skins, loaded nachos, etc.) and Hydroxycut was a nice offset - I think I lost maybe 10-15lbs during the 3-4 months I used it.
  • IzzyFlower2018
    IzzyFlower2018 Posts: 121 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    What human science ?????

12aupxnpmnnh.png

This kind of course!
  • stanmann571
    Options

I was drinking heavily and living on a happy hour pub food diet 4-5 nights a week (chicken fingers, fries, mozzarella sticks, potato skins, loaded nachos, etc.) and Hydroxycut was a nice offset - I think I lost maybe 10-15lbs during the 3-4 months I used it.

I didn't realize until the second time I did Keto, that it wasn't Keto that was responsible, but the Hydroxycut stack.

The second time I did a round of Keto, I gained 4 or 5 lbs and suffered savage keto-flu. The first time. IT was amazing.