Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    The My Fittness Pal app is acting weirdly on my computer again ... I had to get rid of all my browser history, and website data in order to open it up when it started acting up again yesterday. I'm going to get rid of it ... and will perhaps try it again at a later date. In the meantime ... I will not be attempting to access the site ... so, unfortunately, I am dropping out of our Spring Challenge because I probably won't be back on here until I have some professional diagnostics done on my system.

So ... By everyone. I hope your all do well for the rest of the month and come in at where you want to be.
    Niki

From MFP Help page...

Website not loading

Friday, April 13, 2:37 pm PST

Hi there,

Our apologies if the website is not loading correctly for you. We recently rolled out an update to the site, but then ran in to an issue and needed to roll it back. We are seeing reports that our web users may now be stuck and can't get the site to load. In order to fix the issue, please clear your web browser's cache.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff

Reference:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2934248-website-not-loading

I hope you change your mind about leaving!

I also had the problem but cleared my history, cookies and cache and it cleared up the problem immediately for me.

I had the same issue but clearing the browser history, cookies and cache didn't help (Chrome browser on Win7pro-64bit) but I was able to get back in using Internet Explorer on that same computer. I think all worked fine on my Firefox browser on my home laptop under Win10home.

• moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This weekend was hard to track. I had parties to attend. But i also worked hard cooking and cleaning, hauling chairs and items from cars to the house. I know i was over cal, and there was no time for the gym, but i hope i worked off some of it.

My husband has been sick all week, I'm so tired of hearing him cough and sniffle. I wish he'd take his meds, or at least a popsicle to ease his sore throat. I still have to finish the dishes and meal prep my lunches for the week, then i can relax!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: buxbert
    Height: 167
    Highest Weight: 91
    Start Weight (Mar 12, 2018): 90.2
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 87

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 12: 90.2
    Mar 19: 89.7
    Mar 23: 89.7
    Mar 30: forgot to log
    Apr 09: 88.8
    Apr 13: 87.8
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: - 1 kg
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 2.4 kg
    Total weight lost:

Still no gym... Ok, there are MANY little things going on at the moment that I have to deal with but the truth is that I am utterly unmotivated. Trying to be better... I will put a gym session in my calendar for Friday!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @X100KLS1992 - Welcome to this thread! I feel your pain, literally I do. I'm creeping up on 70 and I've had fibro since my early 20s. Mostly I've managed it with light to moderate exercise as tolerated, diet, and pure determination. It wasn't easy but I didn't have much choice due to being a single parent of three most of the early years and my only support through retirement. Grateful that you get accustomed to the pain after a while and it just becomes the way you feel, so it's easier to deal with but I've reached a point where it is not so easy to deal with and it's causing me so much stress that I finally agreed to try Cymbalta at the lowest dose. It has helped my poor sleep, thereby reducing some of the pain, but arthritis and gouty arthritis has now become a disabling factor. Depression has become a real issue and as a result I've gained back about 20 pounds of the 47 I had lost. I'm back here trying to get a grip on things before they go totally south!
    I think you will like it here. It's always been a good, inspiring and encouraging group! You've done really well so far on shedding those unwanted pounds, so keep up the good work!
  • X100KLS1992
    X100KLS1992 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 thank you for your lovely welcome.

Im sorry to hear about your fibro. I was diagnosed when i was 21. But it was only after having my second daughter last January that I've been in a lot of pain, especially the last 5 months. 2 weeks ago I agreed to start pregabalin which seems to be helping a wee bit but a side effect is weight gain so ill need to be careful. Im getting used to the pain so I'm managing to do some exercises which im turn makes me feel better.

Depression seems to be common with fibro, clearly because were in si much pain! Mine started as PND but just hasn't gone. Its getting worse, But exercise is also helping.

Thank you! It's taken a while to lose but ill lose the rest in time. Im sure you'll manage to lose the weight you gained back too :)

Much love, K xx
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    @canyonGeek Thanks again for the summarization! I hope this means you're feeling at least somewhat better, hopefully much better.
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just starting over again for the, well, I honestly cannot tell you how many times. Silver lining though, is that it means I’m still fighting and I won’t stop. Anyone else here having this problem? I’ll do great for two weeks and then the bottom falls out. Just need to get to the third week mark. Any advice from similars would be so helpful right now.
    Thanks all!
    Back up and swinging!
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @Gzuschick Your not alone. I like the way you put it... blow out. I have had many blow outs over the years. I like how @Birder165 puts it. You just keep logging and its not the end of the world. Like it once was for me. As well, you get valuable feedback. What I think makes it different this time, is I realized that blow outs are trying to tell me something. I have realized to my surprise, I am sometimes not eating enough healthy food. Losing weight is not about starving, (not that I ever thought it was, but sometimes there is a tendency to want to eat as little as possible to lose as much weight as possible in the shortest time possible.) but rather eating well balanced nutritious meals that repair my body, give it strength and taste good. Old habits die hard they say. I can easily go back to old eating habits because I know them and there is a sense of comfort.
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    @Gzuschick - You are on the right track for sure, just by sticking with it and refusing to let the bad time get you down and keep you there. You got good advice from @Birder165 and @Lakota1961, they've told you things that I have found myself. Be patient and forgiving of yourself and log it no matter what. It can be your friend that truth thing! I have tried to eat healthy food with a sprinkle of what I want that isn't necessarily healthy. I was surprised to find that it really wasn't that many more calories than I should have eaten. And I've still managed to lose 3.6 pounds in the three days that I have been logging everything!

@100k your words were cheering to my heart and I think we will be good companions on the road to healthier bodies and happier emotions! xoxo
  • X100KLS1992
    Options
    @Gzuschick - You are on the right track for sure, just by sticking with it and refusing to let the bad time get you down and keep you there. You got good advice from @Birder165 and @Lakota1961, they've told you things that I have found myself. Be patient and forgiving of yourself and log it no matter what. It can be your friend that truth thing! I have tried to eat healthy food with a sprinkle of what I want that isn't necessarily healthy. I was surprised to find that it really wasn't that many more calories than I should have eaten. And I've still managed to lose 3.6 pounds in the three days that I have been logging everything!

@100k your words were cheering to my heart and I think we will be good companions on the road to healthier bodies and happier emotions! xoxo

I think we will too :) xoxox
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge

Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest Weight: 317 lbs (1/3/2017)
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 211.8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 203.8 (i.e. lose 1 lb/week)

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 07: 211.2 lbs (on vacation March 1-6, stayed on diet & walked & didn't binge).
    Mar 14: 209.0 lbs
    Mar 21: 207.2 lbs
    Mar 28: 206.4 lbs
    Apr 04: 205.2 lbs (increased carbs & walking, eliminated wheat & rye, added in oats, potatoes & rice).
    Apr 11: 202.8 lbs (& 1 lb below my goal for this challenge--not binging this time helped with that).
    Apr 18: 201.4 lbs (& 2.4 lbs below my goal for this challenge).
    Apr 25:

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.4 lbs.
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 10.4 lbs.
    Total weight lost (since 1/3/2017): 115.6 lbs.

That's fantastic progress Barney.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Go @BarneyRubbleMD! What is helping you prevent bingeing?
  • Optasia
    Optasia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wanted to jump in and say hello!! I'm a walker and calorie counter and eat what I want, but in moderation, kind of girl. I'm down 34pnds and have approx 70 to go.

Would love the support!

Ps....Still trying to figure out how to use these message boards. It seems to load the oldest comments (from years ago) first!
  • X100KLS1992
    Options
    Sorry im a bit late for the Spring challenge. I'll join in with the next one :) xox
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    @Optasia Welcome!
    @BarneyRubbleMD- Fantastic progress and yes do tell how you stopped the binging!
  • Crista1192
    Crista1192 Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hello everyone! New here, looking for all the friends and support I can get. SW: 327 CW: 316 GW: 150
    Practicing Keto and intermittent fasting.