In need of a guys opinion

Options

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I can't speak to the mind of an 18yr old... and I'm not sure the kind of attention/acceptance you're looking for, so take this for what it's worth.

I'd dress how ever you feel most confident (easier said than done, I know, but...). Having a bit of confidence, even it's only a tiny bit, will benefit your FAR more than will a specific type of swimsuit/clothes/whatever.

As far as getting in shape... just be prepared that it will take longer than you think/want, and probably require more work/discipline. Have appropriate expectations for what you can accomplish and how quickly you can accomplish it. Plan for the long haul.
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    sjulez26 wrote: »
    So I’m 18 and very insecure about my body shape and extra weight. I want to get fit for myself, but I am scared guys will be turned away from me lol. Especially now bc summer is coming. Be honest with me please. This is me at the end of the day, no sucking in or editing.

I totally understand your hesitation, but not because I think it's warranted. I understand because I see it so much in young ladies like yourself. My 20 year old daughter (and her friends) struggled with the same doubts, regardless of how they looked. You're young, beautiful, healthy, intelligent, vibrant. OWN IT. It's yours. Confidence will come with a little more life experience. In the meantime, you work towards the goals YOU have, and if that includes building up some muscle or going on long runs, then do it. And as far as clothes and bikinis, try on clothes that catch your eye and wear the ones that make you feel your best. Truly. Maybe that's a cool, retro one-piece swimsuit. Maybe it's a string bikini. Anyone who says anything hurtful and unsolicited to another person is simply warning us all of the ugliness in their heart so we know to steer clear.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    also..everyone has different opinions and tastes so asking what "guys" think of your picture wont get you one difinitive answer..just be confident in yourself and the one that thinks you are perfect in every way will come along. then who cares what anyone else thinks.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Learn to love yourself. Don’t change your body because you’re trying to impress or look good to other people. I know it’s easier said than done but I truly don’t care if my body is what other men or women would find attractive. I like to keep healthy and somewhat fit but I do it for me, not for anyone else. I know I’ve got some tummy fat and I’m nowhere near the most fit and trim girl at the gym and I don’t care! I look fine to me and there’s more important things in life than how I look. To me you look good but it’s not what I think that matters! Do what feels right to you.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    @mulecanter Very well said. I included a bit less detail in my post, but your information matches my actual situation almost identically.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    If a guy turns away from you because of your body, do you really want to be with that guy anyway? Don't worry about what anyone will think of you in a bikini. Wear anything you want, but own it when you wear it! Confidence is way more becoming than "thin-ness" or fitness.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You look fine
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    This guy hates telling a woman she is beautiful and her telling him he is wrong/crazy/in need of glasses, etc. It is a major turn-off to have my personal feelings dismissed. You don't know what is in my brain and what I find attractive or not.

Also, if you are not careful your insecurities could lead you to the very wrong kind of guy.

Yes, OP stay away from men who use negging: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Negging