What's your one can't or won't give up?

Options

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    chips, those are a must for me- now I buy the single size bags of my favorites- and leave them out in the car- I take 1 bag out each night for my nightime snack;lol
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Half and half in my tea, and rum (but not in tea). Actually, for the purpose of weight loss, I haven’t really given anything completely up.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up anything.
  • freenowphoever
    freenowphoever Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Soda soda soda soda sodaaaaaaa....
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, candy, chips. If I'm trying to lose a few pounds, I'll try to make substitutions like Halo Top, Pure Protein Bars and Quest chips. Otherwise, one or all three usually end up being daily consumed.

Have you tried the nugo slim bars? They are my new favorite protein bar and they really satisfy my need for dessert when I'm cutting (which is not to say that I have given up any desserts, either, but sometimes I want booze instead and it's hard for me to fit both into a weekday on a cut).

They are crispier than PP bars and actually taste like chocolate. New fav thing (they only have ~17g of protein, tho nugo has a line with 25g also - doesn't taste as much like a candy bar, tho).

Anyway! I won't give up tortilla chips, but I do have to cut back in the number of days that I eat them because that salty goodness with guac or with salsa... I can eat my weight in them. Mostly I sub popcorn if I don't have the cals for chips.
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Craft beer.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have not given anything up. I just make sure it fits into my calories. HOWEVER I am trying to make wiser choices-I won't eat it if it's not amazing. I was eating anything that was there for the sake of eating it. I am trying to make choices around my treats and making sure it's something I really enjoy.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke (although I have cut down considerably)
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My daily Freddo the Frog chocolate (95 cals). It's become my daily pleasure since I started getting serious on this journey this year and it's tiny but I savour every nibble!
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I can eat anything, just not everything. I haven't cut anything out. I strive for better choices, but have not eliminated any type of food.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me to ever give up would be cheese!
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Most of my life, over 90%, I've been at my preferred weight, give or take 5 pounds. I land at that weight eating foods that some might consider bad and not congruent with health. I won't give them up bc I know from experience that they're fine for me and not incompatible with my ideal weight or great bloodwork, particularly in the amount I eat them. I eat maybe 75% "healthy" and 25% "unhealthy" and I'm good with that. So there are a number of things that I won't give up bc it makes no sense for me to to do so.

That said, a carb heavy meal (that's not balanced with very high protein and/or fiber) on an empty stomach makes me hungrier for the rest of the day. So I've given up having that kind of food for my first meal of the day. When I'm on vacation, though, I'll still eat that way, if I want to. So I haven't completely given that up. But my vacations are often built around restaurants and local dishes that I want to try, so an increased appetite the rest of the day helps with that. :D
  • msdyane74
    msdyane74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I absolutely won't give up my Chardonnay. It keeps me sane. I look forward to it every Saturday evening.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely given up anything other than soda (just could not control myself and could not get into diet!)...but, if I were forced to give up everything that i love that's "bad" except for one thing....I'd save wine! I love wine, learning about wine, tasting it, everything. It's more of a hobby to me. I could give up sweets, bread and pretty much everything else, but giving up wine would be a no go! And I don't even drink often, but when I want it, i want it!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    I will never drink water as my daily fluid. I need 90% fluid from something with taste or im going to start boredom eating or crave snacks. So sugar free fluids like juice, energy drinks and fizzy drinks are my achilles heel

Sugar-free juice?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    As many have said, I really haven't given up anything -- I just consume smaller amounts of some foods, and consume some foods less frequently. The closest I've come to giving something up would have to be fries. Most of the time, they're just not worth the calories -- but if I'm somewhere that I know makes really good fries, I'm still going to have some.