What's your one can't or won't give up?

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Nothing
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    It would have to be someone else's idea of "bad" because I only eat the good stuff, and you take my fork from my cold, dead hands.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    cream in my coffee. I've given up sugar, salt, alcohol. Don't EVEN ask me to start drinking my coffee black!
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Coffee and chocolate. I embrace them wholeheartedly.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    *refer to my profile picture.

I ate 2 reduced fat hot dogs every. single. day. in my second pregnancy. :D
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    A large glass of Chablis in the evening with dinner - that is my treat and i would not want to give that up :D
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i eat what i want as long as i can make it fit, but the one thing i ill not change, in any way, is my coffee creamer. Theres other items i dont buy as regularly, or have switched to different brands. etc. But the coffee creamer stays.

i make it fit.

lolol
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Chocolate. I will never give it up because I don't have to, I make it fit into my daily calories.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    That said, a carb heavy meal (that's not balanced with very high protein and/or fiber) on an empty stomach makes me hungrier for the rest of the day. So I've given up having that kind of food for my first meal of the day.

Interesting - I noticed the same pattern with my eating. I used to love going to the Amish market on Saturdays to grab a pastry... but then the rest of the day would ultimately become a struggle of willpower.

To the OP - bacon. I’ll never give up bacon!

• SunlightKisses
    SunlightKisses Posts: 12 Member
    Beer/wine
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Chocolate, followed by beer/wine. My personal trainer loves hosting monthly challenges, and it's now where she knows she can count me in for any physical challenge, but out for any of the dietary challenges. There is no way in the world I'm agreeing to go "sugar free" for a month, or agree to limit myself to two drinks a week. Nope. I make room for at least one piece of chocolate a day, and a beer or glass of wine 3-4 days a week. She knows not to even ask me anymore, I'm not interested.
  • GottaClue
    GottaClue Posts: 12 Member
    Wow it is so good to see so many not giving up what makes them happy! There are too many all or nothing give it up diets around.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    refuse to give up coke zero, bacon, ice cream, and chocolate
  • amh927
    amh927 Posts: 33 Member
    Energy Drinks, but I have found that I enjoy the kickstart ultra which is only 5 calories a can. I also drink the monster rehab teas which are 25 cal/can but all the extra taurine and stuff can make me feel a bit funny so I do try to limit them. I also drink Diet Coke. Sometimes I'm just so sick of water and seltzer and want a coke, but I don't want the calories so I drink Diet.

I still drink coffee with creamer. I have found I enjoy the califia farms almond milk creamers which seem better than the fake non dairy creamers and have less calories. I use 1/4 cup of that and then top it off with unsweetened almond milk. I'm not a huge dairy fan so I'm trying to cut back on cow milk. I'm only referring to bad foods as the ones that have lots of chemicals and artificial sweeteners, etc. I am refusing to define foods good/bad based on calorie count.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    sofchak wrote: »
    To the OP - bacon. I’ll never give up bacon!

I don't even understand the sentence "give up bacon". I don't know what it could possibly mean.

And I need to have pizza of some kind. Even thin crust, frozen, 800 cals for a whole damn thing pizza will do.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Sugar in general. I like my sweet treats every day, even if it's just 130 calories of Easter candy, it makes me feel like I really do eat whatever I want.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    For a while it was cream in my coffee, but I switched to black. Not so much because of the calories, but more because black coffee works better as an appetite suppressant and helps w/ makes you poop.

Other than that, I haven't held on too tightly to anything and really tried to introduced myself to new varieties of things I might have shunned before. One of those things is Greek yogurt. Just wasn't a fan before and it always seemed sour and tart to me. With experimentation of different brands and flavors, it has become an every day staple in my life and you just can't beat the protein.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited April 2018
    Coffee, dark chocolate (okay, any chocolate), wine, beer

So mostly drinks! But I make them all fit into my daily calories. Not willing to cut back on any at the moment.

To this, I'll just add what I HAVE given up: soft drinks --I used to drink 4 diet sodas a day, but gave them up cold turkey about 21 years ago. I never looked back and never missed them. More recently, I've replaced a daily Snickers bar with 85-90% dark chocolate. I still get the chocolate I love, with less sugar and no hydrogenated oil. I find the sugar spike messes with my appetite. But I'll still have a Snickers fun size when I run across one :lol: