What's your one can't or won't give up?

Options

Replies

• etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I can’t and won’t give up diet soda. I hear all the time how bad it is for you, but I’m not kicking it!

Yup, same here! Unfortunately for me I don't really like drinking water :(
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Every evening - just before teeth and bed I have 33g of choclate - not even good quality chocolate! Basic supermarket milk chocolate. It is preplanned into my day and under only under extreme calorie overload will I forego it. I make my food diary entries in the morning and will adjust quantities of other foods down, or do more exercise just to make sure I get my choccie!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I will never drink water as my daily fluid. I need 90% fluid from something with taste or im going to start boredom eating or crave snacks. So sugar free fluids like juice, energy drinks and fizzy drinks are my achilles heel

This is totally me! I just don't like water unless I'm super hot and thirsty. Although funnily enough it's all I drink if I go to dinner, a bar, or out dancing. The rest of the time I drink seltzers that are sweetened. I used to drink crystal lite all the time.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    Monster Java. I will not give that up. It is 220 calories a can, but it also has B vitamins, C, potassium and a quite a bit of protein. So it is my breakfast.

Why in the world did this get a "woo"? I wasn't giving Broscience advice. ??
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Beer!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    It's a rather long list, so probably a good thing I much prefer "moderation" over elimination.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, candy, chips. If I'm trying to lose a few pounds, I'll try to make substitutions like Halo Top, Pure Protein Bars and Quest chips. Otherwise, one or all three usually end up being daily consumed.

Have you tried the nugo slim bars? They are my new favorite protein bar and they really satisfy my need for dessert when I'm cutting (which is not to say that I have given up any desserts, either, but sometimes I want booze instead and it's hard for me to fit both into a weekday on a cut).

They are crispier than PP bars and actually taste like chocolate. New fav thing (they only have ~17g of protein, tho nugo has a line with 25g also - doesn't taste as much like a candy bar, tho).

Anyway! I won't give up tortilla chips, but I do have to cut back in the number of days that I eat them because that salty goodness with guac or with salsa... I can eat my weight in them. Mostly I sub popcorn if I don't have the cals for chips.

Hmmm, now you have me curious. I hadn't heard of these! Do you have a flavor you recommend? I usually eat the chocolate peanut caramel PP. A few seconds in the microwave and it's ooey gooey goodness. Tortilla chips and salsa is my kryptonite. Someone on here turned me onto GLOP which is ground turkey mixed with salsa and cottage cheese. It makes a great dip with tortilla chips and is loaded with protein.
  • Coffee_qd
    Coffee_qd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Baked Cheetos, plain Greek yoghurt with real honey.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Chocolate. Popcorn. I have all 3 every day.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter. I hope they bury me with a jar of it in my casket!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Every evening - just before teeth and bed I have 33g of choclate - not even good quality chocolate! Basic supermarket milk chocolate. It is preplanned into my day and under only under extreme calorie overload will I forego it. I make my food diary entries in the morning and will adjust quantities of other foods down, or do more exercise just to make sure I get my choccie!

Me too! I’m a chocolate purist in the sense that it MUST be milk chocolate. No fancy dark or Swiss for me, and bitter chocolate leaves me scratching my head. Whhhyyy??
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I prefer to give up nothing that I don't have to, and eat what I want in moderation. But if I HAD to give up something for whatever reason.. Cheese and coffee would be the most depressing for me.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Coffee_qd wrote: »

@Coffee_qd if you like baked Cheetos, have you ever tried the reduced fat cheese crunches or puffs from Trader Joe's. They have them like crunchy Cheetos and regular and I think the flavor is much better than the Cheetos. $1.99/bag. Check them out.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Dove squares I can stop at 3
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I can never give up fruit.
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    For me it is pasta. I don't have it nearly as often now but I still want to be able to enjoy it when I can. And now that I have been following the Skinnytaste blog I found recipes to try that don't make me feel that after indulgence guilt because I have it in the right portions with healthier ingredients.

The other thing I would have a hard time giving up is cheese. I have a hard time enjoying salads but I am working on it.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Nothing that I have given up completely, except canned sodas and other sugar added drinks. Just don't need or miss them and save a lot of $/cals not drinking them anymore. Everything else I just eat/drink in moderation.
  • Coffee_qd
    Coffee_qd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Coffee_qd wrote: »

@Coffee_qd if you like baked Cheetos, have you ever tried the reduced fat cheese crunches or puffs from Trader Joe's. They have them like crunchy Cheetos and regular and I think the flavor is much better than the Cheetos. $1.99/bag. Check them out.

I would love to try them but unfortunately we do not have a Trader Joe's where I live :(