Need accountability buddies- let’s lose 25lb by Sept 1

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    I want wine!!

You may have wine - IF you plan for it! This is about living - not about depriving. When you have your wine, what will you NOT be having instead?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    My doctor always told me "So long as you are good 90% of the time, your body can cope with the occasional other 10%" (barring food allergies, of course)
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight and have been trending in the wrong direction for the past two months! So discouraged! Maintenance is harder than losing I swear!
    CW 164
    GW 155

Would love some accountability.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    dailyzey wrote: »
    I hit my goal weight and have been trending in the wrong direction for the past two months! So discouraged! Maintenance is harder than losing I swear!

Very true! (From one who remembers hitting WW goal weight back before the now-26 yr old child was born)

I believe there is an MFP "Goal Setting" choice for maintaining as well as for losing X per week. Have you updated your Daily calorie limit, and stayed within it? are you continuing to log what you eat and the exercise you do?

Reaching goal weight isn't the time to slack off the vigilance. It's the time to start adding extra calories VERY SLOWLY and/or stepping down the exercise jut a bit at a time, until you find the balance point of calories in vs calories out that keeps you in equilibrium.

There may be an MFP Group (or several) for people working at maintaining, that would have more specific advice and tips/tricks for you.

You can still hang out here too!
  • RoseQuest73
    RoseQuest73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5’6, 24 Years old, Leeds UK
    14.4.18: 185
    25.4.18: 178
    GW for September 1st: 160
    Final GW: 130

Very happy with progress so far! I’m actually enjoying the healthy eating and it’s becoming easier as time goes on. My next aim to to go to the gym twice a week instead of the once a week I am currently managing.
  • aparnaraom5006
    aparnaraom5006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pls add me too
  • BMcC9
    Options
    As of today, (returning after several years' absence) I am back on MFP 10 days in a row with no gaps!
  • sha_88
    sha_88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I need accountability buddies!!
  • mrym_a_t
    mrym_a_t Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all

How this works. ?
    Can anybody explain?
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ddagostino05
    ddagostino05 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm in!
    G W 170
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Very happy with progress so far! I’m actually enjoying the healthy eating and it’s becoming easier as time goes on. My next aim to to go to the gym twice a week instead of the once a week I am currently managing.

Habits are habits - be they good or not-so-good. I love the way MFP tracking makes it easier to identify a not-so-good one, and correlate progress with adopting a new GOOD one. Enjoy your gym time! The best exercise choice in the world is Whatever You Will Consistently Do.

• BMcC9
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how to interpret "Net Calories" (consistently below the red line) data? I am at or slightly above pre-exercise Target Calories every day for the past 10 days, but not eating back most of my exercise calories. Is this good? I do understand that metabolism is a complex thing, and sometimes the best strategy seems counter-intuitive when one isn't a bio-chemist.

If you know the answer, but think it is too long for here, please post a very short answer to the group (in case anyone else is also wondering) and email me the longer, more detailed version.

Thanks in advance!
  • iselinpaulsen
    iselinpaulsen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • fdeaver
    fdeaver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started April 3rd.
    SW: 256
    CW 245.2
    GW: 230 by September
  • jepo27
    jepo27 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    lar25473 wrote: »
    I’ll help!! I need to lose weight for my friends wedding as I’m a bridesmaid.

Me too, but as a wedding guest for September 1st lol
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    My doctor always told me "So long as you are good 90% of the time, your body can cope with the occasional other 10%" (barring food allergies, of course)

I BELEIVE IT! I hit my goal weight last summer and I have not been able to stay on track with my routine since the beginning of winter. Luckily, I haven't gained any back but I've lost my flexibility and stamina. Got a gym membership lined up so it will be getting better very soon.
  • ibabygurl2002
    ibabygurl2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Autumn__Leigh
    Autumn__Leigh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I've been looking for some friends on this site to keep me accountable. I have a lot to loose and would love the motivation. Feel free to add me or message me ^_^
  • Joy_n_Almonds
    Joy_n_Almonds Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Checking in. No weight lost this week and pretty sure its because I havent exercised since my last 20 mins jog when I took a fall on both knees. Hoping to get back into it by saturday. The right knee feels pretty good, just the left one needs more time.

Diet has been okay. Im trying to cur back the carbs. I was pretty successfull when I was keto but Im a vegetarian now so keto was pretty hard to keep up with.

Any advice from fellow vegetarians?