Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Ha! I also had about 300 calories of popcorn tonight! I um need to carb up for tomorrows workout :wink:
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Ha! I also had about 300 calories of popcorn tonight! I um need to carb up for tomorrows workout :wink:

I'm probably at about 600. Whoops.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Finally the thread I can really relate to!!! Lots of fruits and vegetables rocks! I’m 60 so my recommended calorie allowance for me is 1250 calories to maintain 130 lbs. I’m not 130 but that’s what I’m aiming for. To eat and not still be hungry I agree vegetables and fruit works.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    yeah watermelon- but also melons of all types, canteloupe, honey melon, and lots of grapes and lots of different kinds of oranges.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I cant friggin wait for the sunny weather, Im actually focusing on making friends with cars to go to the farmers market with lol. I sense this summer ill be doing ALOT of grazing on raw fruit + veg i miss it. Having a huge fridge just stuffed with cheap but fresh and delicious fresh fruits n veg, Will be a nice change from my freezer filled XD

Cant wait for all the grapes (my most recent obsession) And cherry tomatoes and baby cucumbers and oranges and apples and mangoes and pineapple and strawberries and .... I can go on forever and you guys know exactly what im saying. CANT WAIT. This threads due to pick up for sure, Spring+ Summer 100% is the bulk eaters time of year

Last year i filled my fridge with 20$ with like 4 cartons of strawberries a few LBs of cucumbers and a ton of grapes/oranges

Careful. Be real careful :) Look sooooo innocent, but........ there is a price to pay :)

omnomnomomnomnom just try and stop my grape love, never
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I cant friggin wait for the sunny weather, Im actually focusing on making friends with cars to go to the farmers market with lol. I sense this summer ill be doing ALOT of grazing on raw fruit + veg i miss it. Having a huge fridge just stuffed with cheap but fresh and delicious fresh fruits n veg, Will be a nice change from my freezer filled XD

Cant wait for all the grapes (my most recent obsession) And cherry tomatoes and baby cucumbers and oranges and apples and mangoes and pineapple and strawberries and .... I can go on forever and you guys know exactly what im saying. CANT WAIT. This threads due to pick up for sure, Spring+ Summer 100% is the bulk eaters time of year

Last year i filled my fridge with 20$ with like 4 cartons of strawberries a few LBs of cucumbers and a ton of grapes/oranges

Careful. Be real careful :) Look sooooo innocent, but........ there is a price to pay :)

Have you tried them frozen!?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options

A local wine shop keeps frozen grapes on hand. They drop them into champagne or prosecco. Pretty tasty.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

yes always frozen. sooooo good
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,345 Member
    Options
    I'm defiantly a volume eater. I was one before mfp & changed myself in the first year of mfp & spread out smaller servings all through the day, but I feel so much better having 2 large meals then snacks to fill in. My brunch is 45-600 cal but it includes my coffee creamer for the day, next main meal is about 500
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,345 Member
    Options
    before mfp, I loved eating strawberries dipped in sour cream then brown sugar
  • LJay89
    LJay89 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to start doing this.
  • OuchArtist
    OuchArtist Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    11.2 oz Sardines
    8.75 oz Spinach
    10.5 oz Celery
    21 oz Fresh Bananas
    3.5 oz Nutritional Yeast
    1.75 oz Grass-fed Butter
    1.75 oz Olive Oil
    Tablespoon Turmeric
    Teaspoon Black Pepper
    2 Tablespoons Potato Starch
    5 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar Organic
    And as much berries as I could get my hands on doesn't matter what type.

All of this eaten over only 4-6 hours in an intermittent fasting diet.

This list meets all of your dietary requirements of vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients... it's a heaven for those looking for optimal athletic performance, don't know if it works for women too, but it's effect on male hormonal levels makes it perfect for getting lean, at least that's what is happening with me.

Note: spinach, celery, and banana, and olive oil are all thrown into a blender and made into a smoothie.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Where is that falvoured ice cube and xanthan gum fluff recipe??

Here's my version that I've posted before
    b1zzdaj8lu8p.jpg

Vitamix or really good blender
    10-15 calories total

1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp. Xanthum gum
    1/4 tsp. Guar gum
    1/4 + C. Dark cold coffee
    Stevia or sweetner of choice
    Vanilla, etc.,
    Ice cubes

Blender:
    put cocoa, stevia, etc., cold coffee and first handful of ice cubes.
    Blend well
    Keep adding a few ice cubes at a time until amount desired
    Add Xanthum and Guar gum when blended - blend that in

Use straight away as a 'cream' ontop of things
    or
    I like to 'set' mine in freezer to get a more 'ice cream' version (1+ hours)

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Where is that falvoured ice cube and xanthan gum fluff recipe??

Here's my version that I've posted before
    b1zzdaj8lu8p.jpg

Vitamix or really good blender
    10-15 calories total

1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp. Xanthum gum
    1/4 tsp. Guar gum
    1/4 + C. Dark cold coffee
    Stevia or sweetner of choice
    Vanilla, etc.,
    Ice cubes

Blender:
    put cocoa, stevia, etc., cold coffee and first handful of ice cubes.
    Blend well
    Keep adding a few ice cubes at a time until amount desired
    Add Xanthum and Guar gum when blended - blend that in

Use straight away as a 'cream' ontop of things
    or
    I like to 'set' mine in freezer to get a more 'ice cream' version (1+ hours)

Thats the one. Thanx!!!!
    I was going to make it last night, but then made the protein angel cake for this morning.

Do you find that the mix would "fluff" up more in a food processor rather than Vitamix? I have both and read that food processor is better for this sort of a thing. But then again, vitamix will crush ice like its nothing in seconds.

I only have a mini f.processor that most definitely wouldn't work...however a good one is certainly something to try. Let me know if it works better for you if you do. If so, I might be inclined to 'finally' get a good processor!