Most ridiculous diet

Options

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    When I was a teenager I tried the Kelloggs diet, 2 bowls of cereal then a main meal a day.
    Now I use a food scale I realised my portion of cereal must have been around 3 times larger lol

Lmao any diet I've ever tried. I'm like this looks like a serving. Like 3 servings actually lmao
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What's the most ridiculous diet you've ever tried or what's the most ridiculous diet thing you've ever bought?

I paid over 300 dollars for a month of diet shakes and pills. I didn't know calories were the root of all weight loss!

I've done more than my share.

The cabbage soup/fat burning soup/Dolly Parton diet.....it was all the rage in the early 80's (keeps coming back with different names though).

Diet pills from a diet doctor. REALLY STUPID.....I was 20 years old, I'm sure the pills were just amphetamines.

Logging and learning......that's the way to go.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Definitely raspberry ketones.
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That Paltrow one with the cayenne pepper and lemon juice
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for a month, just to see if I could do it. That was miserable.

Becoming vegatarian was the worst 13 minutes of my life.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I never really tried weird diets but my ex husband made up his own,
    he ate watermelon and French silk pie.
    That *kitten* lost 15lbs doing that for 2wks.
  • honeybee__12
    Options

After my first baby, I joined weight watchers. Counting my points, journaling everything, eating vegetables that I didn’t even like because they were “free”. My first week I lost a pound or two. Second week I did the same, my ex husband decided he was going to diet too. So he switched from drinking coke to Diet Coke. I lost another pound or two that week, he lost 11 *kitten* pounds.

SO *kitten* irritating!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Cabbage soup. Never tried it though!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    In high school, during the Oprah liquid diet craze, I did a liquid diet. It was an awful shake, mixed with grape fruit juice, 27 pills a day, and all of this watery ice tea mix I wanted. I lost 30 pounds in like 6 weeks! The weird thing is, for the 1st two weeks, I lost nothing, and then I was down like 12 pounds all at once... scary.

I was taking my PSATs and they wouldn't let me bring my shake in and I passed out during testing. Also... certain bodily functions just .... stopped.... I had nothing to poop out! This a road I will never go down again.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Fortunately, I never really had any issues with my weight until I was in my 30s. MFP was my first real go at losing weight. In my early 30s my wife wanted to do South Beach but I only made it about a week on phase I because I like beer and I felt like I was starving with only lean meats and veg and no starches or grains.

I guess it's not really crazy, but it seemed crazy to me.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

After my first baby, I joined weight watchers. Counting my points, journaling everything, eating vegetables that I didn’t even like because they were “free”. My first week I lost a pound or two. Second week I did the same, my ex husband decided he was going to diet too. So he switched from drinking coke to Diet Coke. I lost another pound or two that week, he lost 11 *kitten* pounds.

My husband can go like a day without eating anything and lose that kinda weight too its so irritating!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Back when I didn't know any better I bought one of those neoprene wraps that you velcro around your midsection to help "sweat away fat." Fortunately I didn't spend too much on it, but totally useless. I never sweated more around my midsection or lost any extra fat.
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing “kitten” referred to on these threads...what is this in regards to? I keep picturing cute little kittens in my head, but I have a feeling that’s not what y’all are talking about
  • honeybee__12
    edited April 2018
    Options
    *kitten* is in place of naughty words
    I keep seeing “kitten” referred to on these threads...what is this in regards to? I keep picturing cute little kittens in my head, but I have a feeling that’s not what y’all are talking about

• rickiimarieee
    Options

Lmao its swear words.
    Its blocked out and puts "kitten" there.
    Like I *kitten* hate it
    Or shes a *kitten*
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    When I was about 19 I tried the military diet for a day and bought some diet pills from an infomercial. I tried Atkins for a day also. To hell with diets. Now when people ask if I am on a diet or what diet plan I'm using I say I'm not on a diet I am currently eating at a calorie deficit to lose weight.

Oh, I also tried using those portion control containers. That was the most confusing thing ever. I couldn't do that for more than 2 weeks. I did use the nutrition plan from insanity and that was actually really helpful. I lost tons of weight but I just stopped after a few months.