Most ridiculous diet

Options

Replies

• rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Anyone here do a juice fast? I did a supervised juice fast for 52 days (yes, i did not eat food for 52 days). i actually felt awesome for most of it until the very, very end then i got a little too weak so i stopped. i had vegetable broth in the mornings and strained fruit juice for lunch and dinner. i was actually in really good shape for a couple of years after, but i was also pretty young and worked a manual labor job, so there's that. i went on to do several juice fasts, but it was never as good as that first long one. i don't want to juice fast any more, that was probably 10 years ago, though i know some people who do an annual cleansing fast. and not the crap with the cayenne pepper and ACV - real juice and veggie broth.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Gorillas are huge and muscly so I've been thinking of imitating their diet as best I can. My macros are going to be:

90% leafy vegetables (lettuce, kale, cabbage) and herbs
    4% root vegetables (carrots etc)
    2% flowers (pumpkin flowers, violets, nasturtiums etc)
    2% fruit
    2% ants, snails and grubs

Time to become huge and muscly like a gorilla!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    kpsyche wrote: »
    Gorillas are huge and muscly so I've been thinking of imitating their diet as best I can. My macros are going to be:

90% leafy vegetables (lettuce, kale, cabbage) and herbs
    4% root vegetables (carrots etc)
    2% flowers (pumpkin flowers, violets, nasturtiums etc)
    2% fruit
    2% ants, snails and grubs

Time to become huge and muscly like a gorilla!

Lmao
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    rhiawiz57 wrote: »
    Anyone here do a juice fast? I did a supervised juice fast for 52 days (yes, i did not eat food for 52 days). i actually felt awesome for most of it until the very, very end then i got a little too weak so i stopped. i had vegetable broth in the mornings and strained fruit juice for lunch and dinner. i was actually in really good shape for a couple of years after, but i was also pretty young and worked a manual labor job, so there's that. i went on to do several juice fasts, but it was never as good as that first long one. i don't want to juice fast any more, that was probably 10 years ago, though i know some people who do an annual cleansing fast. and not the crap with the cayenne pepper and ACV - real juice and veggie broth.

That sounds miserable lmao. I couldn't imagine not eating food.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Colonoscopy prep... :D:s
  • NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    I’ve done paleo before. Some would say it’s crazy but I enjoy it.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    NerdyFlex wrote: »

What is that?
  • NerdyFlex
    Options

What is that?

It’s essentially eating all natural foods, nothing processed and nothing that isn’t found on the Earth naturally. Think like hunter/gatherer type of food.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Options
    So no cheetos?? Lol. :D

That actually sounds pretty interesting..wayyyy better than my last diet :)
  • NerdyFlex
    Options
    So no cheetos?? Lol. :D

That actually sounds pretty interesting..wayyyy better than my last diet :)

It is worth a shot! It’s tough to follow when you eat out but other than that it’s pretty straight forward
  • NerdyFlex
    Options
    Nowadays, I just make sensible choices about my diet and don’t follow any one specific diet.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Options
    I don't eat at restaurants very often so I don't see an issue with that...i feel like id have more of a problem with cutting out all my snacks lol. I'm weakkkkk :D
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

What is that?

It’s essentially eating all natural foods, nothing processed and nothing that isn’t found on the Earth naturally. Think like hunter/gatherer type of food.

That is, nothing that the guy who made it up believes wouldn't have been available to early man.
  • NerdyFlex
    Options
    I don't eat at restaurants very often so I don't see an issue with that...i feel like id have more of a problem with cutting out all my snacks lol. I'm weakkkkk :D
    Haha I feel that, I love to snack as well
  • NerdyFlex
    Options

What is that?

That is, nothing that the guy who made it up believes wouldn't have been available to early man.

That’s a good way of summing it up
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Options
    Nowadays, I just make sensible choices about my diet and don’t follow any one specific diet.

This is me currently
  • eleonora1809
    eleonora1809 Posts: 85 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    1. Intermittent! I don’t want to offend people who are on IF but I’ve been eating like that since I was 17 because I don’t like having full stomach in the morning so I don’t eat breakfast and it was never a trend..

2. The IU diet, you must only eat 1 apple, 1 sweet potato & protein shake for a week and lost 5-10pounds a week (depends on your weight). This is very unhealthy and some people complain about feeling dizzy. I don’t know how IU could do it.

3. Paper cup diet, eat everything using 3 paper cups instead of plate.
  • eleonora1809
    eleonora1809 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When I was about 19 I tried the military diet for a day and bought some diet pills from an infomercial. I tried Atkins for a day also. To hell with diets. Now when people ask if I am on a diet or what diet plan I'm using I say I'm not on a diet I am currently eating at a calorie deficit to lose weight.

Oh, I also tried using those portion control containers. That was the most confusing thing ever. I couldn't do that for more than 2 weeks. I did use the nutrition plan from insanity and that was actually really helpful. I lost tons of weight but I just stopped after a few months.

I tried military diet when I was 17 too! But only for a day, the second day I ordered cheese pizza :D:D