Why I left Weight Watchers new "Freestyle" Program

Options

Replies

• lukeruss
    lukeruss Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did exactly the same. I saw it for what it was a way to change the program again to get people to buy the new books and go to the new meetings.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Wait wait wait. I still think ww is insane for all the new zero point foods but are they still at least doing the thing where you only get to eat 5 zero point foods but then have to count any other zero point foods as points?

I’ve been on WW for 11 years (Lifetime for almost 10) But sorry I don’t know what you are talking about? Who told you that?...NO after 5, it’s still 0+0 five times = 0!

The Biggest problem with Freestyle is that they assumed people would use common sense, but they were wrong in many cases and it’s obvious why....

• AcadianRunner
    AcadianRunner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also left WW. Freestyle didn’t work for me and didn’t help me gain knowledge of portion control/size and gained Wright while on it. I’d rather pay premium for MFP than WW.
  • ejoyk113
    ejoyk113 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same, I just left too! On the new system (with the foods I eat) I was going over by points and feeling guilty but when I actually calorie logged - I was only eating like 800-1,000 calories. I didn't like that at all because I was starving. I loved Smart Points and lost about 30 pounds with it. The new system just didn't work.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    bfanny wrote: »

The Biggest problem with Freestyle is that they assumed people would use common sense, but they were wrong in many cases and it’s obvious why....

I gained 6 lbs. on it the first 2 weeks. I even brought my food log into show a person at a meeting. They could not understand why I had gained 6 lbs. I was eating 0 point foods within reason, not eating my weeklies or my fit points. But, those free point foods added up and brought me over my TDEE.

What part of it is common sense? That I can eat a banana and it counts as zero points but that 100 calorie candy bar (about the same calories!) is 5 points? That is LACK of common sense and how weight loss actually works.

It

Exactly if I don’t use WP or FP it only means that I’m eating lots of “0” and as we know NOTHING is really calorie free, it may work at first when you change your diet and eat better quality but when you have less to lose it’s not the same...
    I lost most weight (40 lbs) when Bananas had 3 points, so that’s MY issue with Freestyle ;)

And 6 lbs in 2 weeks??? That takes A LOT of over eating, If I could see your tracker I would know exactly why!

When I track points I don’t eat “Zeros” most of my food has points I use them all and I’m fine...I’m the one that will choose the cookie over the Banana if I want to because I know I can....
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I loved WW Flex Points system that they had 10 years ago. It was so easy and I lost so much weight so easily. I tried the program a year ago and was so turned off by how much it had changed. My beloved coffee creamer was only 120 calories but WW had it as 7 points! Didnt make any sense to me and was so discouraging I cancelled right then and went back to MFP.
  • JenLosesIt
    JenLosesIt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hilaryhill wrote: »
    I loved WW Flex Points system that they had 10 years ago. It was so easy and I lost so much weight so easily. I tried the program a year ago and was so turned off by how much it had changed. My beloved coffee creamer was only 120 calories but WW had it as 7 points! Didnt make any sense to me and was so discouraging I cancelled right then and went back to MFP.

SAME! Flex was AWESOME! I lost 40lbs on that, why they keep changing it when it works is besides me, except to sell new books and foods....I lost over 100lbs on MFP two years ago but due to life stuff have gained 60 back. So today I'm starting again! Looking for new friends as well! Thanks for your post :smile:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Wait wait wait. I still think ww is insane for all the new zero point foods but are they still at least doing the thing where you only get to eat 5 zero point foods but then have to count any other zero point foods as points?

I’ve been on WW for 11 years (Lifetime for almost 10) But sorry I don’t know what you are talking about? Who told you that?...NO after 5, it’s still 0+0 five times = 0!

Yeah, that's what I was saying. You can get away with eating 0 point foods (now I'm not sure if it was 5 different foods or just 5 instances) but then you'd have to start assigning points to any 0 point foods eaten after that.

It may have just been a leader thing. I got all my info from message boards (including the actual Weight Watchers one).
  • cammiecam77
    cammiecam77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Yes! My beloved coffee creamer was 7 points too! And I was in the WW FB groups seeing all these posts about alternatives to creamers and I was like wait. I NEED my International Delights Sweet Cream Creamer and I will not accept alternatives. Lol! So I kept using it but that 7 point ding at the beginning of the day just made no sense to me, it’s just CREAMER.
  • MrsLead
    MrsLead Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The reason WW won’t work for me is the majority of the foods that I eat are on the 0 point list. I eat probably 1200 calories a day alone from then”0” point list.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    JenLosesIt wrote: »

SAME! Flex was AWESOME! I lost 40lbs on that, why they keep changing it when it works is besides me, except to sell new books and foods....I lost over 100lbs on MFP two years ago but due to life stuff have gained 60 back. So today I'm starting again! Looking for new friends as well! Thanks for your post :smile:

Me three. Flex was terrific -- lost 50 pounds on it, got to goal and was Lifetime for about a year and a half. When I'd gained 15 pounds and had to go back on the full program, they'd changed to Points Plus which never worked for me. In fact, none of the other programmes they've had have worked as well for me as Flex -- or calorie counting.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »

And 6 lbs in 2 weeks??? That takes A LOT of over eating, If I could see your tracker I would know exactly why!

That would be amazing if you could considering no one at weight watchers could when they viewed it. I log everything and according to them I did not abuse the 0 point foods or "overeat".
  • SandDodds96
    SandDodds96 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    jrochest wrote: »
    JenLosesIt wrote: »

Me three. Flex was terrific -- lost 50 pounds on it, got to goal and was Lifetime for about a year and a half. When I'd gained 15 pounds and had to go back on the full program, they'd changed to Points Plus which never worked for me. In fact, none of the other programmes they've had have worked as well for me as Flex -- or calorie counting.

Flex and Momentum worked for me the best and after that I lost little with the program
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had signed up for WW again but instead I am going to let the subscription expire (in two months). I have deleted the app and will count calories. I tracked my calories for a week while using WW and was eating on average 1,250 a day -- too low for me. I certainly don't want to wreck/slow down my metabolism. I also need to watch my carbs (was prediabetic last summer), and now my cholesterol (thinking too many eggs since going low carb last fall). I can't track these things on WW...so MFP it is. :)