Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is veganism only possible with enough money?

shaumom
shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
I have heard it said that the poorer you get, the less you are able to follow a vegan diet. So I would ask: is veganism a diet of the those with money, or can even those without money follow it?

First follow up question - if you think a vegan diet CAN be done, regardless of income, can you come up with a meal plan for an adult that would prove it? Just with something looking at basics- 1 week meal plan for 1 small adult, on a food stamps budget (about $34 a week), who requires a 2,000 calorie diet and 46 g of protein a day.

Second follow up - if you figured out a meal plan that is in budget, is it actually one you think you could follow yourself for a long period?

Bonus follow up - If you made a diet plan, how much more expensive is it if you had to get allergen free versions of any of the meal plan's components? (like Gluten Free flour vs flour, or peanut free nuts, etc...)

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    I KNOW. I could have gotten a whole BAG of lemons for just over 3 dollars, instead of 4 for 2, but I was trying to trim back to accommodate the budget. LOL.