Somebody lectured me about Splenda today

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

When a disturbing event such as OP's happens, smile and say, "I have plan to kill you".

This works better if you can pull off a Russian accent.

I just had the mental image of the Russian Blue from Cats & Dogs: From Russia, with love. Stealth poop.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I had a shopper at Costco tell me that the Splenda in my cart would tear me up inside. WTF! What does that even mean? Every time I purchase Splenda I hope I see her again. The yellow packet is my fav!

That might have something to do with the theory that you can kill ants using Splenda because something about the shape of the granules literally "tears them apart". Supposedly.

I have nothing to back up this claim, because I couldn't find the site I read that on a few months ago... ;)

With regard to the OP, I can't fathom confronting a stranger about their food choices! I might think uncomplimentary thoughts about their shopping cart or whatever, but I would never comment. And I'd be in the same camp as some of you if someone did it to me - standing in surprised silence trying to think of a good comeback!

Now I have to find a bunch of ants and experiment...

I'll ship mine to you.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I had a shopper at Costco tell me that the Splenda in my cart would tear me up inside. WTF! What does that even mean? Every time I purchase Splenda I hope I see her again. The yellow packet is my fav!

That might have something to do with the theory that you can kill ants using Splenda because something about the shape of the granules literally "tears them apart". Supposedly.

I have nothing to back up this claim, because I couldn't find the site I read that on a few months ago... ;)

With regard to the OP, I can't fathom confronting a stranger about their food choices! I might think uncomplimentary thoughts about their shopping cart or whatever, but I would never comment. And I'd be in the same camp as some of you if someone did it to me - standing in surprised silence trying to think of a good comeback!

Now I have to find a bunch of ants and experiment...

I'll ship mine to you.

You're too nice to me.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    "Its full of chemicals!"

"So is sugar. Mostly glucose."

I use 2tbs of Splenda each morning in my tea. Thats all I use. I use it because I want that extra 90 or 100+ calories for something else instead of sugar.

Tablespoons? Are you making a gallon of tea at a time?

Tablets?