Let's be active friends !! Let's support eachother

Options
I'm looking for active friends that are focused toward maintaining this healthy lifestyle!

I personally don't set a monthly weight loss goal, I'm just continuing what has been working for me. I've been focusing on cardio since I started, and I'm pleased with my results thus far!

I started this journey on March 12/18 and I haven't looked back! I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey in December, if I was strong enough to do that - I knew I was strong enough to make this lifestyle change!

I'm a mother of a fantastic 8 y/o daughter, I live in Ontario, Canada and my name is Kate!

Nice to meet you all!

And you are?

Replies

• Kateyinthe9
    Kateyinthe9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    63yd2czq4n80.jpg

6 week progress
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Looking good Kate!! Kicking the tobacco habit is HARD!! Shows what kind of constitution you have!! Awesome!
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I completely forgot that I had been smoking for the past 3 years and just quit at April 1. It's a big deal for you, Kate, and for me! I'm really struggling right now, gaining still (which I understand is "normal" when you quit smoking) but I hope that is leveling off b/c I'm beginning my plans to lose weight today. Started logging my food and will be planning out the next few steps over this week. Just logging--while trying to walk 3-4 miles at least 3x this week--are goals enough for one week. I like the planning part but don't usually give myself time to plan AND execute (like, plan in the morning and rush to store same day w/o thinking it through or reviewing my plan). So I guess that is 3 little goals--plus my regular work week and my daughter has her first ever job interview on Wednesday. My week is already feeling full. What do you have going on this week, Kate?
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good for you Katey! Quitting smoking is huge. I quit a 2 pack a day habit 21 years ago. You are looking great, too. If you don't mind having Grandmother friends, send me a friend request. I'm active with logging and commenting and changing my lifestyle too!
  • aliciajean122
    aliciajean122 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Would love to be friends and motivate each other! Great job on kicking your smoking habit. Way to go!

I’m 26! Lost almost 60 lbs previously and gained it all back and more. Restarted last summer, and am currently down 30 lbs but want to get serious again!

I’m married to a military man, and we are currently in Japan but originally from Doweast Maine! So glad to meet you!

-Alicia
  • Kateyinthe9
    Options
    mkculs wrote: »
    I completely forgot that I had been smoking for the past 3 years and just quit at April 1. It's a big deal for you, Kate, and for me! I'm really struggling right now, gaining still (which I understand is "normal" when you quit smoking) but I hope that is leveling off b/c I'm beginning my plans to lose weight today. Started logging my food and will be planning out the next few steps over this week. Just logging--while trying to walk 3-4 miles at least 3x this week--are goals enough for one week. I like the planning part but don't usually give myself time to plan AND execute (like, plan in the morning and rush to store same day w/o thinking it through or reviewing my plan). So I guess that is 3 little goals--plus my regular work week and my daughter has her first ever job interview on Wednesday. My week is already feeling full. What do you have going on this week, Kate?

That's amazing!! Good for you!! Fingers crossed for her first interview!

My week looks good so far! The usual work and mothering duties! Plus getting my gym time in :) we are supposed to have beautiful weather, so that's always something to look forward to!
  • Kateyinthe9
    Options
    Looking good Kate!! Kicking the tobacco habit is HARD!! Shows what kind of constitution you have!! Awesome!

Thanks Paddy! Nowadays I don't even think about smoking.. I'm just faced with the hard truth of all the time I wasted doing it. Live and learn!
  • Kateyinthe9
    Options
    2aycocks wrote: »
    Good for you Katey! Quitting smoking is huge. I quit a 2 pack a day habit 21 years ago. You are looking great, too. If you don't mind having Grandmother friends, send me a friend request. I'm active with logging and commenting and changing my lifestyle too!

I don't mind at all. It would actually be nice to have a grandmother friend :) !! 21 years ago eh! That's amazing, good for you!
  • Kateyinthe9
    Options
    Hey girl! Would love to be friends and motivate each other! Great job on kicking your smoking habit. Way to go!

I’m 26! Lost almost 60 lbs previously and gained it all back and more. Restarted last summer, and am currently down 30 lbs but want to get serious again!

I’m married to a military man, and we are currently in Japan but originally from Doweast Maine! So glad to meet you!

-Alicia

I'm very excited for you Alicia! I'm looking forward on supporting eachother and becoming friends !

Kate
  • Sully8331
    Sully8331 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are a rockstar Kate! The struggle is is real, the support here is great! Keep up the good work.