Diet Drink Recommendations

12346»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Have you tried Zevia? It's soda but sweetened with stevia so it doesnt have the same negative impact as other sweeteners. When I am craving something other than water, their Diet root beer hits the spot.

Have actually tasted Zevia? Most of them have a very strong stevia taste that I find not pleasant.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited May 2018
    Just thought I'd update this for anyone interested.

I've found that I really like the taste of caffeine free Diet Pepsi. Plus, based on recommendations here, I bought some Diet Doctor Pepper for my hubby who can drink an espresso drink and go straight to sleep. He loves it.

Thanks to everyone who made great suggestions. I've never had so many different types of drinks in my house at one time. It's been a fun experiment. I love discovering new and interesting things.

On another note, I do find that when I want something sweet sipping on one of these drinks helps me a lot so double bonus.

ETA: And I'm really looking forward to trying some of these as mixers with my booze.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    I haven't had the chance to try it, but someone in another thread recommended coconut rum with Cherry Coke Zero.

The reason I haven't tried it is because I haven't been able to find a 12 oz can, 20 oz, 1 L, or 2 L bottle of the stuff and I don't want to spend however much it is nowadays on a 12-pack.
  • skinnyfoot73
    skinnyfoot73 Posts: 6 Member
    I like the flavored seltzer waters like La Croix, and in particular the Target (Simply Balanced) brand has a "Black Cherry" flavor... I make it sweet by also adding some flavored SweetLeaf Sweet drops... So for example, you can put Chocolate flavored sweet drops in your black cherry seltzer water and it's almost like a chocolate covered cherry. YUM.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Have you tried Zevia? It's soda but sweetened with stevia so it doesnt have the same negative impact as other sweeteners. When I am craving something other than water, their Diet root beer hits the spot.

Have actually tasted Zevia? Most of them have a very strong stevia taste that I find not pleasant.

Agreed. I tried a Zevia once, never again. Stevia tastes bitter to me.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I haven't had the chance to try it, but someone in another thread recommended coconut rum with Cherry Coke Zero.

Whaaaat? I so have to try this, it sounds like it would either be really good or really gross. Going to have to add cherry Coke Zero to my shopping list.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Love caffeine free diet pepsi 1st choice- loved them when I can find the ones made with sucrlose
    zero fanta any flavors,
    sunkist orange
    diet or zero sprite or zero coke etc.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2018
    My ultimate favorite is Diet Mountain Dew & I also love Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi.

Every now & then I'll have a Diet Coke Zero or a diet root beer (not entirely particular on the brand).

I also love water enhancers (most are usually ten calories for a whole packet).

For a drink that I won't get often I like the caffeine free Cotton Candy Bang (mostly due to the expense per can).