The Anxiety Thread

Options

Replies

• ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    Always been anxious about protecting and raising my boys. With the recent events I am even worse and wish I could shelter them away from the BS. But I don’t, which makes me even more anxious.

Other big one is just age and the inevitability of it ending. Getting these crazy salient moments where it all just seems for naught, and I don’t wanna live with that kind if fear, so makes me anxious.

Stuff like that.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    Always been anxious about protecting and raising my boys. With the recent events I am even worse and wish I could shelter them away from the BS. But I don’t, which makes me even more anxious.

Other big one is just age and the inevitability of it ending. Getting these crazy salient moments where it all just seems for naught, and I don’t wanna live with that kind if fear, so makes me anxious.

Stuff like that.

I don’t even hate you right now. :heart:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have dealt with anxiety for a long time - finally now feel like i have it under control.
    I use to be medicated for it as I would get so anxious my attacks would bring on vomiting.

Anyways off the meds now but my biggest thing is still line ups.
    I will starve myself if it means I dont have to stand in a line up to pay for my food.
    Otherwise the basics, etc
    - deep water (now that we r getting to summer time)
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    Feelings make me anxious. I dont like them.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    s80ik632vxf1.jpg
    Riding shotgun with my trainee daughter. It's all good though, because it's her own car.

I bet!! Yikes!
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Having gas on an airplane

Why would this give you anxiety, there are literally dozens of people to blame it on all within arms reach

Picking who to blame it on gives me anxiety. Too many choices.

Always pick the quietest most innocent looking one.

Kids are always a good choice. People already hate the parents of kids on a plane.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    The list of things that do not make me anxious is smaller:

butterflies

Pretty much. The other day I was researching whether children can inherit their parents’ debt. You know, so I can worry about that.

From what I read, children can inherit their parents’ medical bills.

I can’t start listing things giving me anxiety right now or I’ll never stop.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    what gives me anxiety?

attempting to spell: aChuisle_moChroi

it's simply nerve racking
  • beagletracks
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    what gives me anxiety?

I’m honored you put in the effort!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    what gives me anxiety?

what gives me anxiety?

I’m honored you put in the effort!

cut n' paste, my dear... I'm not stupid; cut n' paste.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Having gas on an airplane

I posted this in the “international fears” thread a while back. It’s no joke.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Going to a new restaurant where they have a complex or unclear ordering system. I roll with it and like to try new things but I kind of hate it when I don't know which line to wait in, how many sides I get with my entree, anything like that...it's just irritating when things aren't clearly laid out and explained.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I get anxious when I have to call someone for work. If I can email them instead you bet your sweet *kitten* that's what I'm gonna do

Yes, this...I hate making phone calls, and If I have to call I am overjoyed if I get a machine.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    I have mentioned it on here before but when I am full of anxiety and feeling very stress it often manifests itself in my dreams. I always dream that I am in high school again and I can't remember my locker combination, or I am at school and I suddenly realize I have a final right now in a class I forgot to go to all year, or the school was remodeled and I can't find a map.

This is a recurring dream for me, or that I can't even find the locker
    Same about the test, like a class you were supposed to take that you didn't realize!

Funny and kinda awesome that sometimes people have similar dreams...dream analysis is so intriguing to me, and it's strange (to me) that people share so many common thoughts.

Guess I'm not as original as I thought! :lol:

• mochalatte93
    mochalatte93 Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm anxious about way too many things every single day and recently realized that my anxiety has always been the trigger to my depression. A few things that make me the most anxious are...
    1. Being alone (I hate this so much I could cry and often times do)
    2. Waiting with nothing to do (my mind wanders into the land of "what if's" when it's not focused on something)
    3. Trusting others (I struggle with this too much because of betrayal I have faced in my life from people I loved)
    4. Making mistakes (I constantly worry I'll mess up and never get it right)
    5. Upsetting people (I'm afraid of upsetting someone and having that person turn their back on me)
    These are just a few that I struggle with on a daily basis and every single day without fail, I find a reason to feel like I'm not good enough and the worst part is that I find it almost impossible to make the self hate stop even when I'm doing my best to stay positive.
  • mochalatte93
    mochalatte93 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Confrontation
    Saying goodbye
    Meeting someone new that is important to my fiance
    Leaving the house for long periods of time without my fiance (my best friend should be with me when possible)
  • Vikka_V
    Options

I'm anxious about way too many things every single day and recently realized that my anxiety has always been the trigger to my depression. A few things that make me the most anxious are...
    1. Being alone (I hate this so much I could cry and often times do)
    2. Waiting with nothing to do (my mind wanders into the land of "what if's" when it's not focused on something)
    3. Trusting others (I struggle with this too much because of betrayal I have faced in my life from people I loved)
    4. Making mistakes (I constantly worry I'll mess up and never get it right)
    5. Upsetting people (I'm afraid of upsetting someone and having that person turn their back on me)
    These are just a few that I struggle with on a daily basis and every single day without fail, I find a reason to feel like I'm not good enough and the worst part is that I find it almost impossible to make the self hate stop even when I'm doing my best to stay positive.

ditto lady...except for the #1 I feel 'safe' and more relaxed when alone...but if you mean 'alone' like you have no one you can text/call/visit I get that too