Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Wow someone took the time to woo every single one of my posts in this thread.. now that is dedication :D I guess I have a fan :p

Whoa... three someones, every post. Damn, girl!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Wow someone took the time to woo every single one of my posts in this thread.. now that is dedication :D I guess I have a fan :p

It's not just you and it's the same guy that has been woo'ing all of us who don't subscribe to that persons particular magical fat burning diet.

Well they can woo me all they want, clearly my progress speaks for itself. I just hope it doesn't turn away other users from my advice.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator

It's not just you and it's the same guy that has been woo'ing all of us who don't subscribe to that persons particular magical fat burning diet.

Well they can woo me all they want, clearly my progress speaks for itself. I just hope it doesn't turn away other users from my advice.

It shouldn't.

While my weight has been a bit stagnant, even started doing semi-food tracking, I broke my deadlift stall last night.. got 305x5x3, with a 1RM of 345 (tested 2 weeks ago). This was really big for me, since I haven't been able to get past 305 in quite awhile.
  • sardelsa

It shouldn't.

While my weight has been a bit stagnant, even started doing semi-food tracking, I broke my deadlift stall last night.. got 305x5x3, with a 1RM of 345 (tested 2 weeks ago). This was really big for me, since I haven't been able to get past 305 in quite awhile.

That is awesome, congrats! Must feel so good :)
  • sardelsa
    Do these drops freak anyone else out? Gah. I know it's just water loss and less actual food weight but still, I always worry for my poor gains! :'(
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited May 2018
    Do these drops freak anyone else out? Gah. I know it's just water loss and less actual food weight but still, I always worry for my poor gains! :'(

I wouldn't worry about drops like that unless they are accompanied by large losses in strength. The ranges on that graphic look huge but are actually relatively small. I ate pretty darned consistently (read: boring) Monday through Friday during my cut and still had some random fluctuations that didn't make any short term sense at all. I had mini "wooshes" all they way up to the last month or so. I was super paranoid about muscle loss too. I had never attempted any type of RFL protocol before - even the milder version that I did had me worried, but as long as I could keep my lifts steady it kept my paranoia at a low simmer.
  • Davidsdottir

My whole weight chart is a crazy zigzag. See profile pic.
  • sardelsa

Haha oh yea.. that's ok at least fluctuations probably don't freak you out as much!
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    Lot's of good posts here, glad to see such good progress!

I've basically been at maintenance over the last 8 months or so with some typical up/down fluctuations. Ran the first two 8-week phases of Bigger Leaner Stronger and am taking a break from that program to run r fl for maybe 4 weeks, started this past Monday.

Starting weight was 216Lb and approx 25%BF at 6'Ht. Goal is 200 for this cycle, then vacation, possibly run another cycle or two when I get back. Overall I'd like to get to 15%BF, guessing around 175-180Lbs but we'll see. During this first week, lifts were steady although it's a new routine with different rep ranges so not nearly the volume to compare. Haven't had much in the way of hunger pangs but have been tired and a bit groggy at times. After workout weight today, day 5, was 208; water weight for most of it but satisfactory nonetheless. I'll post progress pics if I see adequate changes.

Mostly posting here to add some level of accountability. This ones a grind but gonna try to keep at it. Good luck cutters!
  • Davidsdottir
    edited May 2018

Haha oh yea.. that's ok at least fluctuations probably don't freak you out as much!

They're still annoying. I thought I was done bulking since I finally hit 140, but I'm back to 137.8 without decreasing my cals.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Roughly 6 weeks into my cut
    About 10lb down so far with about 4lb of that water weight, so a steady 1lb a week fat loss hopefully.

Guesstimating I’ve got another 9-10lb to go.
    Hoping to see a 4-5lb muscle gain from 2016
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Im trying to bulk and gain muscle mass but all i do is weight loss no muscle gain
  • Davidsdottir
    Im trying to bulk and gain muscle mass but all i do is weight loss no muscle gain

Then you aren't eating in a surplus.
  • sniper300_Rum

Explain please
  • Davidsdottir

Explain please

You need to eat more calories than you expend to gain muscle. It's math.
  • sniper300_Rum

Explain please

Im on about 3900 calorie diet
  • Davidsdottir

Explain please

Okay, let's stick to one thread.
  • sniper300_Rum

Explain please

Okay, let's stick to one thread.

Ok