Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Splurged last night on pizza and beer. Refeed day?!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    edickson76 wrote: »
    Splurged last night on pizza and beer. Refeed day?!

Hah! I had a real refeed last Sunday & Monday. I am trying very hard to not have a fake one today! :blush:

I am going for high carbs today though - still under maintenance calories. I just had 450 calories of mashed potatoes and half a pound of broccoli for dinner. Lots of cheerios for a snack later... Hopefully tomorrows workout will not suck as much as today's did!
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    Week one went pretty well, better than I expected really. Fri & Sat nights were the toughest part; I like my drinks :p But I stayed fairly busy to keep my mind off the urge to eat and drink. Sunday, had my first scheduled refeed. Wasn't as clean as it should've been and I'll try to schedule future refeeds around a lifting day. But I think it did the job as last night I slept really well and feel refreshed for week two starting this morning.

Starting Weight - 216lbs
    End of week 1 - 208lbs
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    rose2_0 wrote: »
    My cut this week was a total failure! For the first time in my life I've been experiencing HORRIBLE insomnia. Two nights out of 5 I got 1-2 hours of sleep, and I got my period. I just had to eat. I was literally awake for almost 24 hours two of the days :(

Trying not to beat myself up. This week HAS to be better though. I'm the size of a small tank.

Likewise, I'm having a really hard time flipping the switch to cutting; the scale is continues to go up and I'm starting to not like what I'm seeing in the mirror.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Cut over. Went nuts this weekend and ate everything. :)

I was surprised though - only added a pound and half to the scale this morning. I expected a bit more water weight gain. I wasn't exactly low carb on my cut but hovered around 150g or less a day. I think I tripled that this weekend. It was glorious. Funny though, I only broke 3K one day but it felt like I was eating my fill and I wasn't eating clean... but then I remembered how torturous it was to eat at 5K at the end of my last bulk. I'm not going to get that bulky (fat) again so it shouldn't be such a horrendous chore eating this time around. ;)
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 694 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    rose2_0 wrote: »
    My cut this week was a total failure! For the first time in my life I've been experiencing HORRIBLE insomnia. Two nights out of 5 I got 1-2 hours of sleep, and I got my period. I just had to eat. I was literally awake for almost 24 hours two of the days :(

Trying not to beat myself up. This week HAS to be better though. I'm the size of a small tank.

Likewise, I'm having a really hard time flipping the switch to cutting; the scale is continues to go up and I'm starting to not like what I'm seeing in the mirror.

transition over 3 weeks. dont go 3500 right to 2500 (just an example of bulking vs cutting cals). That's torture. drop a couple hundred per week till your at goal deficit
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    I just started my cut, went from 3325 calories to 3000 calories. What I like about the beginning of a cut is how easy it is to lose weight...of course, at this stage it's all water weight, nonethless, it makes the transition easy.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    fb47 wrote: »
    I just started my cut, went from 3325 calories to 3000 calories. What I like about the beginning of a cut is how easy it is to lose weight...of course, at this stage it's all water weight, nonethless, it makes the transition easy.

Yea it's true. To be honest I still don't know if I am really in a deficit or not. For me it's a bit of a guessing game since I don't track consistently.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Miss Sardelsa, you do not track? Oh no! You are doomed to failure and will forever look the way you do (ha! that would be a HORRIBLE sentence...). I have been gone for about six months. How are you, awesome lady?
  • sardelsa
    Miss Sardelsa, you do not track? Oh no! You are doomed to failure and will forever look the way you do (ha! that would be a HORRIBLE sentence...). I have been gone for about six months. How are you, awesome lady?

Hey welcome back!!
    Ha. Yea right eh. :p

Yea I don't track.. I used to.. but now I don't really need to. I've run two successful bulks without tracking, as well as one cut. Hopefully this (cut) works well too!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    If you are doing it.....it will work! Yes, shameless flirt. Much respect, lady! Much respect. Your progress is always absolutely amazing. Have you blogged the current bulk | cut like you did the previous ones? There are lots of folks who could benefit from reading that.....
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member

She knows what she's doing.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    fb47 wrote: »

She knows what she's doing.

Hence the sarcasm LOL
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    @fb47 - Oh, trust me. I KNOW that! :-) I have known this lady (to be clear, via MFP) for a good bit. I have used her as the example when posting replies to tons and tons of women. Have you read her blog? Only one word comes to mind: AWESOME, AMAZING, PHENOM, SPECTACULAR. And, did you see my reply to her response? Anyway.....you are indeed correct! That lady does indeed know what she is doing!!! And then some. Sorry, @sardelsa - not trying to embarrass you. I do seem to be rather good at that, though.
  • sardelsa
    If you are doing it.....it will work! Yes, shameless flirt. Much respect, lady! Much respect. Your progress is always absolutely amazing. Have you blogged the current bulk | cut like you did the previous ones? There are lots of folks who could benefit from reading that.....

Haha.. thanks for the kind words as usual @LiftHeavyThings27105 ;) And don't worry I am not easily embarrassed :D

I am still working on the updated post, haven't had a chance to put it all together. But it is definitely in the works. :)
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    Week 2, day 2 and the hunger beast is strong. Did the lifting routine today and it felt good but now that I'm passed it and lunch is settled I'm really struggling to resist eating something other than the stick of celery I brought for snack. I won't give in but I didn't get cravings like this at all week 1 so it's a new challenge.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Week 2, day 2 and the hunger beast is strong. Did the lifting routine today and it felt good but now that I'm passed it and lunch is settled I'm really struggling to resist eating something other than the stick of celery I brought for snack. I won't give in but I didn't get cravings like this at all week 1 so it's a new challenge.

Where are your calories? And macros? Or, maybe better formulated: how big is your caloric deficit?
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    sardelsa wrote: »

Haha.. thanks for the kind words as usual @LiftHeavyThings27105 ;) And don't worry I am not easily embarrassed :D

I am still working on the updated post, haven't had a chance to put it all together. But it is definitely in the works. :)

Folks.......that will make some amazing reading. Give the young lady some time to get that written up. And then jump on it. There will be some details in there that can help everyone. Opps. There I go again! LOL!