Options
    2200 slow bulk
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    So I'm currently in jail on the forums but I recently had a friend admit that her daily calories consist of a coffee. A chicken thigh and some pickled jalapeno slices. I've tried to discuss healthy and non. Detrimental weight loss strategies but she refuses to even entertain the idea of losing by eating more. She would also refuse and help from an outside source.

Does anyone have any experience or advice that might aid in this?

As sad and as frustrating as it is you can't help them unless they want it. One of my MFP friends was drastically undereating. I found out when she made a comment about cravings which prompted me to look at her diary. I replied that it would be best for her to eat more so she wasn't hungry all the time. Yesterday she had some inspirational quote about replacing old habits with new. I commented that replacing them with new habits that aren't healthly isn't good and that I was concerned with how little she was eating (her fiary showed her eating less rather than more). She has now deleted me as a friend. It is hard because I am genuinely concerned about her wellbeing but there is nothing I can do. It makes it harder when all her 'friends' like her posts when she has completed her diary and was under goal. This just gives her reassurance and a pat on the back.

All I can hope for is that I have planted a seed which may continue to grow but I can't help thinking, 'if that were my daughter....'

This used to happen me all the time too when I would have mentioned MFP friends undereating... some of them got really nasty with me for trying to tell them to eat more!

I have a friend like that on MFP. I debated about saying something or deleting him/her. S/he has an open diary and it's obvious that they are undereating. I decided not to say anything because after all I don't know the person in real life. I considered deleted them just so I wouldn't have to see it. Now I just don't look at their diary.
  • MzGoals35
    MzGoals35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1200 calories
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Around 1850 right now.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1500-1600 net. But with exercise calories usually around 1800-2000 daily. I'm set to lose 1 lb. per week.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    1430 now that I’m in the homestretch and need to lose the last 12 or so pounds. I’m set at .5 a week. I’m female, 5’2 1/2”.
  • CynfulHedonist
    CynfulHedonist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've set myself at 1900 (I just jumped back into this a week ago). I'm a female, 5'7 and weigh 321 pounds. I have a sedentary lifestyle (desk worker). I work out at home daily cycling. We'll see how 1900 goes and if I need to cut back more. I don't want to shock myself too much.
  • kwindert1
    kwindert1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Goal is 1450ish but realistically I am usually between 1400 and 1700. Any less and I am hungry all the time. Only losing .5 lbs a week but at least I am losing!
  • mackie_pants
    mackie_pants Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Female, 5'6", 158.2 pounds

I try to stay between 1300 and 1500.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    About 1,950. I've been trying to lose weight actively for about a month and have lost 2.8 pounds. Which I guess isn't bad.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    5’6, 154 lbs. female. 1,500/day to lose 1 lb./week.
  • Caitbuzz0008
    Caitbuzz0008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat 1300 per day. I currently weigh 216 and started at 225. I’ve lost about 6 pounds in two weeks by strictly meeting this calorie goal! Of course I’ve had some bad days where I’ve gone above but I’m consistently below it!
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1800, I was at 1600 but it was kinda doing my head in so I'm starting with that and gonna see how it goes! Exercise calories/Garmin adjustment on top of that and I don't always eat them
  • prettyshambolic
    prettyshambolic Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    900-1100, very short sedentary female.
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Between 1200 and 1470, but I have a LOT to lose and I'm only 5'. I also can't eat dairy, or leafy green salads, etc. because of blood thinners. I do deal with a lot of hunger and I'm planning to add a protein powder to almond milk and see if that helps.
  • etabei
    etabei Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    1200. :(:(:(
  • Olgutza111
    Olgutza111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Around 1200 calories, working out 3 times a week + cardio almost every day, still not loosing weight ((( hormones unfortunately
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    1500-1850 depending on my activity level that day. Lose, on average, around 1lb per week.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Depends on how active of a day I have. Generally between 1500 & 2500 depending on my activity levels.