Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• jame0529
    jame0529 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start week 3 of 80 Day Obsession. I've been tracking calories on MFP, and I've gained 2 pounds since starting the program! I have about 30 pounds left to lose. I was wondering if anyone else has gained within the first few weeks of starting a program like this?
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    jwcannon70 wrote: »
    Yesterday I didn't feel like doing the recovery workout (I had tons of energy) so I did Cardio Power and Resistance from month 1 instead. Today was Max cardio conditioning and it suuuucked. Maybe I should have done the recovery workout after all lol.

I do the recovery days no matter what. Those recovery days are still good workouts and I figure I still have two more workouts for that week. I am going to miss it this week as I am in the cardio recovery week of core cardio and balance. Then on to month 2 with that crazy first day workout of fit test and max cardio circuit. I am curious. Did you do both workouts back to back or separate them to different times in the day? I did them back to back during my first time thru Insanity and I was "dead" by the end.

I wanted to eat more so I wanted a bigger burn lol. I just prefer cardio. But I think I learned my lesson!
    It was recommended to me to do the Fit Test on the rest day before so you don't have to do them both the same day, so that's what I have been doing. I did my 4th fit test this weekend. There is no way I'd be able to do them back to back, I push myself so hard in the fit test even more than the other videos.

Today was Max Interval Plyo for me, after a short HIIT workout at the track. Tired but feeling accomplished!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    jame0529 wrote: »
    I'm about to start week 3 of 80 Day Obsession. I've been tracking calories on MFP, and I've gained 2 pounds since starting the program! I have about 30 pounds left to lose. I was wondering if anyone else has gained within the first few weeks of starting a program like this?

Yes. My calorie burn per workout is lower compared to my previous workouts (200 to 350 now vs 500 then). But I feel firmer in the glute region. On the other hand it could be tissue swelling because muscle just doesn't build that fast. I'm going to continue and see if the gain reverses.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    T25 gamma phase day 2 still not decided whether to do the normal gamma or the hybrid gamma both are the same till Friday any advice?
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    jame0529 wrote: »

This is normal for new regimen. Don't worry, keep tracking your calories and be consistent.
    Typically the initial gain is due to water retention.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Cool !!
    I'm in too !
    I love Beachbody programs and through the years I tried, Slim in 6, Turbo jam and TurboFire (Love that one), Cize, Piyo, Chalean Extreme, Hammer and Chisel and now am in Body Beast. I LOVE it !!! IT's my favorite so far.
    I'm in week 6 of the Lean program.
    (I used to be a cardio girl but when I finally tried strength training... it was over, I'm hooked and now just do cardio for fun)

I actually started a small group of like minded people where we post our planned workout schedule for the week and keep each other updated and motivated throughout the week. It's great for motivation and support ! If you are interested in joining I can give you the link to check it out.
    Whatever program you are on, it's all good !

Feel free to add me as a Friend (please mention this post/thread) if you like

:)
  • jwcannon70
    jwcannon70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wanted to eat more so I wanted a bigger burn lol. I just prefer cardio. But I think I learned my lesson! It was recommended to me to do the Fit Test on the rest day before so you don't have to do them both the same day, so that's what I have been doing. I did my 4th fit test this weekend. There is no way I'd be able to do them back to back, I push myself so hard in the fit test even more than the other videos.

Today was Max Interval Plyo for me, after a short HIIT workout at the track. Tired but feeling accomplished!

That is a great idea. I never thought of that but it makes so much sense. Thank you for that recommendation. The fit test is a nice workout but it isn't too long so doing it on my day off shouldn't really affect anything.
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Still at it with P90X 3! Today was agility x!
  • lyndsfattofit
    lyndsfattofit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Giving Insanity Max 30 a go. Not following the calendar to the letter as I'm still getting back into workouts so just following what workouts next etc rather then pushing for 5/6 days a week. I'm loving the pushing myself to my absolute max and keeping track of the times. Really has me pushing my limits, even if I am following the modifier and at a snails pace!!
  • Whey125
    Options
    First week of pure gamma completed. My arms are sore. I did swap one of the speed workouts for max30 as I didnt want to repeat it twice
  • Whey125
    Options
    Giving Insanity Max 30 a go. Not following the calendar to the letter as I'm still getting back into workouts so just following what workouts next etc rather then pushing for 5/6 days a week. I'm loving the pushing myself to my absolute max and keeping track of the times. Really has me pushing my limits, even if I am following the modifier and at a snails pace!!

One of my fave workouts. I just completed it and enjoyed it completely. I also used the modifier at times and focused on my form. Keep at it and pace yourself. It's fun to challenge yourself and beat your prior max out time

I may do another cycle after gamma or hybrid with weights
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    I have 10 days left of Insanity and I'm so over it. Having a lot of trouble motivating myself to press play today, and my nutrition fell off 3 weeks ago (it's still way better than it was before and I'm eating below maintenance but with less of a deficit due to fatigue, and I added chocolate back in lol). I'm 3 weeks behind due to injury so I would have been done by now. I also think hormones are messing with me. Please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles like this near the end! Any tips on pushing through?

So far I've lost 8lbs and 6 inches, and I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. But still a way to go until goal.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have 10 days left of Insanity and I'm so over it. Having a lot of trouble motivating myself to press play today, and my nutrition fell off 3 weeks ago (it's still way better than it was before and I'm eating below maintenance but with less of a deficit due to fatigue, and I added chocolate back in lol). I'm 3 weeks behind due to injury so I would have been done by now. I also think hormones are messing with me. Please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles like this near the end! Any tips on pushing through?

So far I've lost 8lbs and 6 inches, and I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. But still a way to go until goal.

Currently I am trying a diet break. I've never done this before but so far it's helping. 3 days in a diet break is just eating at maintenance for 2 weeks. There is a big thread in these forums that go into more detail. Basically it's supposed to bring your hormones like leptin back to normal. Look up diet breaks and give it a try. Supposedly after you finish the break and go back to a deficit you'll start losing more weight again.
  • greypilgrimess
    Options

Currently I am trying a diet break. I've never done this before but so far it's helping. 3 days in a diet break is just eating at maintenance for 2 weeks. There is a big thread in these forums that go into more detail. Basically it's supposed to bring your hormones like leptin back to normal. Look up diet breaks and give it a try. Supposedly after you finish the break and go back to a deficit you'll start losing more weight again.

Thanks for this. I was planning on taking a diet break after Insanity, I was hoping I could hold off for another couple weeks. Good to hear it's working for you. Do you find you have more energy?
  • jefamer2017
    Options

Thanks for this. I was planning on taking a diet break after Insanity, I was hoping I could hold off for another couple weeks. Good to hear it's working for you. Do you find you have more energy?

So much more energy. I killed my workout yesterday.
  • sadiepie0
    sadiepie0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I have Beach Body on demand and love it!! I’ve done piyo twice and Chalean extreme. I’m about to start 21 day fix and then move on to 80 day obsession. I’m excited to start!
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Just started the 2B Mindfulness program. I'm excited about the eating program and like that it doesn't conflict with my group coaching workouts.
  • jwcannon70
    jwcannon70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

During my first time thru insanity I had trouble with the motivation during the second month. I believe it is because of the intense workouts for 6 days in a row. Tips I can give is that I kept on thinking that I was so close to the end and it would be stupid to quit at this time. I also said when I finish the second month I would reward myself with a week off from it and that helped too. Another motivation aspect was the results like you have had. We know it works and that helped my motivation. You are almost there and the sense of accomplishment you will get when you finish it will be worth it.
  • jefamer2017
    Options

So much more energy. I killed my workout yesterday.

I'd like to add that I was going to wait another week myself but. My weight loss was slowing down. I was eating at a deficit that should have given me 1.5 to 2lbs a week loss but I was losing less than one to 1.1lbs. My energy was gone was losing motivation. So I decided to take it a bit early. I have it circled on my calendar what day I'm ending my break. I am feeling great today and know that I can do this. I just pray that I get back into a deficit after my break I'm scared I'll revert back to my old ways.
  • sauronseye
    sauronseye Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm at the end of the third week, month one. I'm not following their diet (way too expensive for my part of Europe) but I've my own plan. I'm not depriving myself. If I want a small slice of pizza I have it. Same goes for occasional ice cream, crisps, chocolate...but all in moderation. My 'diet' is pretty healthy in general, 90% of the meals are cooked from scratch at home, I eat a lot of vegetables and fresh fruits, don't drink sodas at all (not my thing anyway) and I am trying to eat more protein but it's difficult. According to MFP I am not consuming enough of it!

My main sources of protein are eggs, chicken breasts, canned tuna, fish (mackerel and cod mostly), cottage cheese, peas, lentils and I've incorporated chickpeas recently too even though it's not my favourite.

All the articles I found recommend 'cheap' things like salmon, tempeh and such and that is NOT cheap for my standard. Any suggestions?

I've skipped the workout three times so far because I was too exhausted to do it, so on average I do it 5x a week, not 6. On those days I had so many things to do and was out all day walking or on my bike, I just didn't have it in me to jump for 40 minutes. :D

The scale shows some mild progress but after reading tons of articles and research on how the weight is lost, I am not so bothered by it. I feel better (when I am not exhausted), I look firmer (I did not measure myself but it just 'feels' firmer than before when I touch the muscles and I've been told by people I look 'like I work out' haha). I did take photos of myself twice so far and honestly, see no change in them, but I somehow see it when I look myself in the mirror.

I am looking forward to the month two, but I also dread it! I have some issues with my feet and my spine and I have to be careful when performing certain things. Month two looks truly insane!