The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Tonyaperry08
    Tonyaperry08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    44 here. Hello everyone!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Melynda, 38.5 year old Canadian and single mom of a 3 year old :) This is my 6th time on MFP, looking to lose the last little bit of weight :)

Welcome... err welcome BACK. good luck on your trek to lose that last bit of weight. go after it.
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    Today (22nd May, 2018) is... Sherlock Holmes Day. That is all.
  • dblbbl88
    dblbbl88 Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

I will let me dog know!! His name is Sherlock!!
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    dblbbl88 wrote: »

Get another dog and name him Watson.
  • dblbbl88
    dblbbl88 Posts: 857 Member
    Options

HAHA!! My cat is named Watson. In retrospect, I should've named him Moriarty...
  • RandJ6280
    Options

HAHA!! My cat is named Watson. In retrospect, I should've named him Moriarty...

Very well played.
  • DocMcStuffens
    DocMcStuffens Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Melynda, 38.5 year old Canadian and single mom of a 3 year old :) This is my 6th time on MFP, looking to lose the last little bit of weight :)

Welcome !
  • DocMcStuffens
    DocMcStuffens Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday afternoon everyone !!!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

@RandJ6280 I'm sure you also have a nice butt!!

lol, I wish, actually I have a flat butt... guess it's time to squat

Dude, squats are - for most - more of a quad-dominant exercise. Even squeezing like a madman at the top....there are better "glute-focused" exercises that you can do.

Deadlifts, for one. But, likely the most glute-focused is the hip thrusts. Yeppers! I do them. I am the only dude in the gym that does them.....but who cares! I am 51 and have a fantastic backside. And, for good reason! The chicks always comment on my *kitten*. Just saying....
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

Dude, squats are - for most - more of a quad-dominant exercise. Even squeezing like a madman at the top....there are better "glute-focused" exercises that you can do.

Deadlifts, for one. But, likely the most glute-focused is the hip thrusts. Yeppers! I do them. I am the only dude in the gym that does them.....but who cares! I am 51 and have a fantastic backside. And, for good reason! The chicks always comment on my *kitten*. Just saying....

Damn, here I've been doing squats hoping for a better *kitten* myself.......Hip thrusts it is from now on :)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Good Afternoon Middle Agers, Hope you all are having a Marvelous Tuesday!!!!!
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

Damn, here I've been doing squats hoping for a better *kitten* myself.......Hip thrusts it is from now on :)

I used to do them. I will have to go back to do them on the days I don't have my trainer. I think that would make him uncomfortable. I shall stick to deadlifts and kickbacks with him. :D
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am the only dude in the gym that does them.....but who cares! I am 51...

Now THIS made me lol...once you hit a certain age, you do get a pass on a lot of stuff.

• RandJ6280
    Options
    Good Morning!!

haha, dude, you're killing me. That is funny. But on a serious note - I have heard that for glute development you need to squat and deadlift. I'm 55 and have no *kitten*.... but if you say it works for me....let the hip thrusters begin.

giphy.gif
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    HAHAHA @RandJ6280 , I love it!!!!!
  • StepUpToTheChallenge
    StepUpToTheChallenge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Middle Agers, Hope you all are having a Marvelous Tuesday!!!!!

Good afternoon.

• my5ive
    my5ive Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well I guess this is my group LOL!! Hello everyone!!! I'm married, a mom of 5, and a full-time student at Penn State online. Busy doesn't even come close to describing my life right now. Feel free to add me I could use all the health-driven vibes I can get. :)
  • _F9_
    _F9_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 36, married for 14 years today :smiley: and some significant weight to lose. feel free to add me
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    Welcome to the jungle new folks we got fun and games ~ FYI you've entered into a great bunch of folks.