The Anxiety Thread

Options

Replies

• kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Making phone calls.
    Any kind of interpersonal conflict, even when I'm positive that I'm not the one 'at fault'.
  • DanaLynne128
    DanaLynne128 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Renegotiating my divorce.
    Surviving through summer when I work in a freelance field.
    Getting more of this weight off, I seem to be stuck again.
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    y3g1uiil8pj0.jpg

This is so me
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    My trip to Florida this weekend is getting me going

HUGS <3
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    remember there is a difference between anxiety and clinical anxiety.
  • mamacom13
    mamacom13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Counting calories/dieting. I tend to obsess over it; lose sleep.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have both complex post-traumatic stress disorder *and* generalized anxiety disorder. Both are pretty well managed with medication and a whole lot of work. The worst part is, any doggone thing can set either one off, and they feed on each other. It sucks.... but I refuse to dodge the whole world. My biggest rage point right now? The #metoo movement. See CPTSD.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    At times I get anxiety on my way to the gym. It's a feeling like I don't belong there. I don't know where it comes from but I have to force myself to work through it.

You do belong - and if you can fight through it, you might just find that it can be your biggest weapon in the fight against the anxiety beast! <3
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's

C1NHfE7.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Making major life decisions/changes...id like to stay in my safe bubble for life...but when someone kicks le bubble...

Same here.

That safe bubble is for pusses.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Trader Joe's

C1NHfE7.jpg

I always just throw a sharp elbow or two when shopping at Trader Joes.

* oh, excuse me.... I didn't see you blocking the aisle; my bad. I hope that doesn't leave a mark.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I have both complex post-traumatic stress disorder *and* generalized anxiety disorder. Both are pretty well managed with medication and a whole lot of work. The worst part is, any doggone thing can set either one off, and they feed on each other. It sucks.... but I refuse to dodge the whole world. My biggest rage point right now? The #metoo movement. See CPTSD.

why does the #metoo movement make you rage?

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Hey all - does anyone find that their anxiety, while making you anxious about everything, you actually don't differentiate between small things that you shouldn't worry about and big things that you really need to focus on as well as you should?

ie obsessing and worrying over small things makes you give less attention to the bigger things you are still obsessing and worrying over? Thereby missing important things?

All the time.

Thank you :) I am not alone - so what do we do about it??

I wish I knew. I try to write down the important things that I really can’t forget about the second I think about them/get an email about them/whatever, so that they don’t get lost in the shuffle in my mind, but that’s it. When it comes my my calendar and to-do list, of I don’t write it down, it doesn’t get done.

To do lists are my lifeline at work :)
  • whoabilly
    whoabilly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Recently found out I’m getting laid off in a month. I’ve been with the company over 3 years and built the department I’m in. Been hard to grasp the fact I have to restart again.