Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    sauronseye wrote: »
    Hi there!

I'm at the end of the third week, month one. I'm not following their diet (way too expensive for my part of Europe) but I've my own plan. I'm not depriving myself. If I want a small slice of pizza I have it. Same goes for occasional ice cream, crisps, chocolate...but all in moderation. My 'diet' is pretty healthy in general, 90% of the meals are cooked from scratch at home, I eat a lot of vegetables and fresh fruits, don't drink sodas at all (not my thing anyway) and I am trying to eat more protein but it's difficult. According to MFP I am not consuming enough of it!

My main sources of protein are eggs, chicken breasts, canned tuna, fish (mackerel and cod mostly), cottage cheese, peas, lentils and I've incorporated chickpeas recently too even though it's not my favourite.

All the articles I found recommend 'cheap' things like salmon, tempeh and such and that is NOT cheap for my standard. Any suggestions?

I've skipped the workout three times so far because I was too exhausted to do it, so on average I do it 5x a week, not 6. On those days I had so many things to do and was out all day walking or on my bike, I just didn't have it in me to jump for 40 minutes. :D

The scale shows some mild progress but after reading tons of articles and research on how the weight is lost, I am not so bothered by it. I feel better (when I am not exhausted), I look firmer (I did not measure myself but it just 'feels' firmer than before when I touch the muscles and I've been told by people I look 'like I work out' haha). I did take photos of myself twice so far and honestly, see no change in them, but I somehow see it when I look myself in the mirror.

I am looking forward to the month two, but I also dread it! I have some issues with my feet and my spine and I have to be careful when performing certain things. Month two looks truly insane!

I did month one 3 times before I could do month two. Protein powder isn't cheap but it will help get you the amount of protein you need. MFP is just a suggestion anyway. You can pick different macro numbers for your personal goal.
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Still chugging through P90x3 week 2...did CVX today..warrior tomorrow!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    I've been doing BEACHBODY programs since 2012. just started MAX 30 again today.
    "Insanity Max: 30 Cardio Challenge"=Done! made it...JUST! was gonna "MAX out" a couple times. water break saved me!
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Keep going everyone. You can do it! B)

I started week 4 of Alpha. This go round I’ve been trying to push myself more. I still have to follow the modifier most of the time, but I’m seeing results. I’m looking forward to starting Beta in a few weeks.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ugh, pulled groin muscles suck. I can't do anything right now. Maybe I'll do T25 stretch. Hoping this will heal soon. I guess I have to take at least a few days off.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Tabata Power"=DONE! MADE IT...AGAIN!!! almost lost it in the triceps round. water breaks are saviors!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Sweat Intervals"=DONE! MADE IT...AGAIN!!! BARELEY!!! honestly, I started out tired...almost maxed out in the warm up, but then my energy shot kicked in. and those water breaks!
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Insanity Max: 30 Sweat Intervals"=DONE! MADE IT...AGAIN!!! BARELEY!!! honestly, I started out tired...almost maxed out in the warm up, but then my energy shot kicked in. and those water breaks!

Great job! :-D I only tried one Max 30 workout so far, knackered me out! I was thinking of trying it next though.

Max Cardio Conditioning today, total sweat fest! 4 days of Insanity to go!!!!
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    Ugh, pulled groin muscles suck. I can't do anything right now. Maybe I'll do T25 stretch. Hoping this will heal soon. I guess I have to take at least a few days off.

Oh man that's rough. Hope you recover fast. Enjoy the rest, lots of stretching and look after yourself!
  • jwcannon70
    jwcannon70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job! :-D I only tried one Max 30 workout so far, knackered me out! I was thinking of trying it next though.

Good for you. Just started month 2 and quickly remembered how intense it is. is it bad that I want to take a break during the "warm-up"? lol

• apwendell
    apwendell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Hello all! This is a 2018 thread for anyone doing Beachbody programs to link up! Or for us to do Beachbody program together!

I am doing Focus T25 currently, I’m in the Beta cycle, week 3 (starting tomorrow).

Here’s to us crushing it in the spring!

Also please feel free to add me! Need likeminded individuals to help crush these goals!!

So glad I found this thread!!! I just started tracking my eating again. Eating balanced is the biggest challenge for me. I've been doing the 80 day obsession and I'm in phase 3 day 53...I love the beachbody challenges. I haven't lost a lot of weight but I have firmed up and I'm very happy with my body's progress. After i finish 80 day I'm looking to do Sagi's Beast workouts or T25...Happy to say i will be wearing my bikini this summer!
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    jwcannon70 wrote: »

Good for you. Just started month 2 and quickly remembered how intense it is. is it bad that I want to take a break during the "warm-up"? lol

It took me a couple weeks to be able to get through the month 2 warm ups without needing to stop, and even now I find it challenging! You've got this!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    jwcannon70 wrote: »

It took me a couple weeks to be able to get through the month 2 warm ups without needing to stop, and even now I find it challenging! You've got this!

MAX 30 warm ups are at ACTUAL WARM UPS, and doable. original insanity...NOPE! you just get thrown in the deep end. ASYLUM, especially volume 1 are pretty good...but EFF that speed rope! can't do it. :s

"Insanity Max: 30 Tabata Power"=DONE! MADE IT...AGAIN!!! those water breaks!!! :p
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=DONE! WOW! just made it!! only 2 water breaks! slowed my pike ups down a little to keep it going and not break form...but made it through!
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=DONE! WOW! just made it!! only 2 water breaks! slowed my pike ups down a little to keep it going and not break form...but made it through!

Nice going! Is Max 30 harder than Insanity?

Max interval Plyo done today. Getting pretty fatigued, and I'm so hungry I'm eating over my calories, but 2 days left! And I did still feel pretty strong in some of the exercises. The power jumps in the first circuit always kill me though.
  • gam3rguy
    edited May 2018
    Options

Nice going! Is Max 30 harder than Insanity?

Max interval Plyo done today. Getting pretty fatigued, and I'm so hungry I'm eating over my calories, but 2 days left! And I did still feel pretty strong in some of the exercises. The power jumps in the first circuit always kill me though.

well...they're both "hard". I think MAX 30 is more well thought out i.e., the moves in each set compliment each other well rather than just trying to wreck you. the pace is better and the breaks are more consistent ('bout 30 seconds, 10 for tabata). also, as I said before...the warm up is actually a warm up. fatigue sets in, but when you need a break, you write down the time. next time, you try like Hell to beat that time, even if just by a second or two. don't like power jumps at the beginning?...try one solid minute AT THE END! >:) wait 'til you see genie jumps!!! :o
  • jwcannon70
    jwcannon70 Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I had Max interval Pylo as well today. You must be feeling great since you are so close to the end. Great job! I have hated power jumps since they were introduced in the fit test. They might be the exercise I hate the most from Insanity.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I did TurboFire the last two days. It's so fun!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Pulse & P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=DONE! WOW! I AM SO WRECKED RIGHT NOW! :o:o:o
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Can anyone suggest a cardio workout that’s appropriate for people with knee issues and need to avoid jumping and twisting? Plus I can’t stand kickboxing, boxing or dance moves in workouts... I am looking to get back in shape after a meniscus tear in February, I’ve been cleared to workout but have to be more careful with my knees, plus I’m over 40. My DH has all of the P90’s, insanity, T25, etc., but I cannot handle those programs. I would love your suggestions - thanks in advance!