How many guys are on here Looking to hook up?

Options

Replies

• 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Well, this did not turn out as I had planned. (deletes nudes and pre-written pm's)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not here for that...but unfortunately, this is still the internet and their are all types on pretty much any internet forum.
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    just had someone hit me up yesterday. Don't like that stuff, I'm only here for one reason, support in my journey to health. I stick to the women as friends, mostly. Men will slap your *kitten*, women will save your *kitten*. No I'm not man hating I know lots of good guys.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    cfgreear wrote: »
    Happily married man here with 2 kids. There are some creepers on here im sure. Im just getting friends and chatting with people cause im an IT guy in a server room with no social skills outside of the computer.

Ha! I have been in IT for 21 years and feel like a fish out of water. None of my colleagues want to ever talk about anything except POV and FPG and whatever all that stuff is. It will be okay. You can learn social skills. The next time you see two or three dudes standing around, just go up and start talking to them. Practice makes perfect, right?

And, you are indeed correct.....lots and lots of "lonely, needy men" in here.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    1u7mzs004jtc.jpg
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    OP, it happens to persons who let slip online that they are alive.

Actually, it happens more to women than men.

It does not happen from me.

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    iv literally never had this. lol
  • jonathanthewlis
    jonathanthewlis Posts: 143 Member
    Options
  • Bohemianfit89
    Bohemianfit89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is my third time activating mfp. I enjoy the social aspect of this website. But it can get way out of hand. I'm sure it has destroyed partnerships. I don't even feel comfortable posting progress pictures. But that's the internet for you..a little bit of anonymity and people turn into freaks.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    iv literally never had this. lol

Me neither.

OP, I encourage you to report them before blocking and deleting. Staff and mod list here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10028709/meet-our-community-team#latest
  • cass412014
    cass412014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    I've noticed when people complain about it, it happens to people who have a profile pic of themselves. One of the reasons I won't post a profile pic.

People treat you very differently when you have a picture.
  • basic_bro
    basic_bro Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    *slowly raises hand*
  • cass412014
    cass412014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    basic_bro wrote: »
    *slowly raises hand*

How you doooing?

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    This is my third time activating mfp. I enjoy the social aspect of this website. But it can get way out of hand. I'm sure it has destroyed partnerships. I don't even feel comfortable posting progress pictures. But that's the internet for you..a little bit of anonymity and people turn into freaks.

it only destroys relationships if you allow it to destroy it. or if your partner is insecure and doesnt trust you.my hubby and I have a understanding that if the other one wants to leave the door is open to leave. and if he wants to check my accts or vice versa we can. we dont but he can see my internet history,look at my accts or even check my phone if he feels the need. he doesnt but he knows he can if he wants,. same with me
  • CanuckCyclist
    CanuckCyclist Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I have no doubt it has, but you have control over who you befriend. If you ever feel uncomfortable with someone you can always remove them from your list and ignore. Don't let what others do prevent you from being comfortable sharing who you are.
  • Neufae
    Neufae Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have never got a sexual message. If I do I will show my friends and I will laugh.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    its times like this i'm glad i get mistaken for a bloke!

I totally thought you were a dude. Nice!

I've never run into any issues here, but I keep my friend list to females only. I know there are some great guys on here that I really admire, but it's just easier that way. I also try to stay out of chit-chat and fun and games.

I'm sorry that happened to you OP!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    It even happens to us older folk! My age is clearly posted on my profile, but I've still gotten the random hit-up message. Maybe it's my user name, IDK. Not meant to be provocative, just fun. My favorite weirdo was the guy who wanted to constantly talk about working out out nude. Eeeesh!

I just laugh about it and move on. If that kind of thing bothers you overmuch, stay away from the Chit Chat and Fun and Games forums. Those are fun people, but a little more "social" than others. I've never gotten hit-up by any frequent posters from the Recipes threads. ;)

Also, I believe they can't send you a private message unless they're on your friends list. Be careful who you accept a friend request from and if they bother you, unfriend and block.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    It even happens to us older folk! My age is clearly posted on my profile, but I've still gotten the random hit-up message. Maybe it's my user name, IDK. Not meant to be provocative, just fun. My favorite weirdo was the guy who wanted to constantly talk about working out out nude. Eeeesh!

I just laugh about it and move on. If that kind of thing bothers you overmuch, stay away from the Chit Chat and Fun and Games forums. Those are fun people, but a little more "social" than others. I've never gotten hit-up by any frequent posters from the Recipes threads. ;)

Also, I believe they can't send you a private message unless they're on your friends list. Be careful who you accept a friend request from and if they bother you, unfriend and block.

PMs can be sent to anyone.