What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• No_Name14
    No_Name14 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    Finally had a good laugh about my daughter last night. My wife was looking at her Facebook memories and came across the day when we thought my youngest broke her hand and we wondered if that was going to be the first kid with a broken bone. It wasn't, so we tried to think if any of the kids had broken anything. My 16 year old might have broken her foot in March, but then I brought up Hayleigh. One of her injuries from getting hit was a broken pelvis. I just said, "ya know, if Hayleigh were here, she'd say 'but I broke my frickin pelvis'" in my best Hayleigh voice. Everyone laughed and said that she totally would have said that. It was just nice to remember her in a fun way and really be able to laugh and smile about it. We haven't done much of that at all. Of course I have tears welling up right now while I type this, and that was not the intended effect. She had an amazing sense of humor and I loved going back and forth with her. It was hard for either of us to keep a straight face with each other. One of my favorite things was when something funny would happen near by, or someone did or said something dumb, even if it was subtle, her and I would immediately make eye contact and try not to bust out laughing. This usually occurred at inappropriate times to be laughing at something or someone.

I read this over and over.....it is really wonderful. I hope this happens to you and your family more and more, where the memories bring happy feelings to at least lighten some of the sadness. I don't know if it's possible, but I know what you just shared made me smile.

Thanks! I hugged you, even though you hate them. Better than a woo, right?

Brother after what you've been through you can do whatever you want to me ....ummm.....within reason ;)

How many ladies are jealous of me now? I have a bojack free pass!

I'm not, the alien doesn't like pizza!!

Also, I don't know you too well TJ and never know the right words to say. Not one person will be able to understand the pain you've been through but I'm happy to hear you were able to sit and smile about those good memories, those are the ones we need to hold onto, those were a true reflection of her beautiful soul ♥
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Things i could do tonight..quiet, alone, friday night
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    unfortunately the theme to "Smoky & the Bandit"
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

scoot over

I'll join...but I swear if there is fanta or cool ranch I will start drama

Fanta will be there...cool ranch is just on will_workouts side of the couch...now are we playing a game or telling spookie stories
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

scoot over

I'll join...but I swear if there is fanta or cool ranch I will start drama

Fanta will be there...cool ranch is just on will_workouts side of the couch...now are we playing a game or telling spookie stories

Orange fanta only or count me out

Ok calm down...orange fanta and strawberry
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    lunch time drink specials
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Finally had a good laugh about my daughter last night. My wife was looking at her Facebook memories and came across the day when we thought my youngest broke her hand and we wondered if that was going to be the first kid with a broken bone. It wasn't, so we tried to think if any of the kids had broken anything. My 16 year old might have broken her foot in March, but then I brought up Hayleigh. One of her injuries from getting hit was a broken pelvis. I just said, "ya know, if Hayleigh were here, she'd say 'but I broke my frickin pelvis'" in my best Hayleigh voice. Everyone laughed and said that she totally would have said that. It was just nice to remember her in a fun way and really be able to laugh and smile about it. We haven't done much of that at all. Of course I have tears welling up right now while I type this, and that was not the intended effect. She had an amazing sense of humor and I loved going back and forth with her. It was hard for either of us to keep a straight face with each other. One of my favorite things was when something funny would happen near by, or someone did or said something dumb, even if it was subtle, her and I would immediately make eye contact and try not to bust out laughing. This usually occurred at inappropriate times to be laughing at something or someone.

I read this over and over.....it is really wonderful. I hope this happens to you and your family more and more, where the memories bring happy feelings to at least lighten some of the sadness. I don't know if it's possible, but I know what you just shared made me smile.

I was going to write my own comment, but he already said it better than I could. So yeah, what he said. I’m glad you had that moment and wish you many, many more smiles and laughs when you think of her.
  • kissmynivarna
    kissmynivarna Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    festival shopping and hiking with my koji (pup) :) job interview to be a stylist with ysl

And taking pictures to sell more of my clothes as I’m swimming in the amount I have haha
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I miss being excited about Friday's.
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    Options
    NYC, pizza and ice cream.

Ray's Pizza 12th st and 6th ave, Brennan & Carr for a Roast Beef dinner and 116th st Rockaway Beach for a Banana Split on the Beach. Now we are talking!