Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 199.8
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 193

May 1 – 199.8
    May 6 - traveling, didn't weigh
    May 13- 198.5
    May 20 - 197
    May 27 -
    May 31 -
    (Changed the dates for myself a bit since I weigh in on Sunday)

Weight -/+ this week: 1.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 2.8
    Total weight lost: 48
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    X100KLS1992 wrote: »
    I totally understand. I'm pleased they get to goal but it upsets me that I have so much more. And the fact mine comes off soooooo slowly! It's disheartening!

K[/quote]

Welcome! I understand that feeling of the slowness we remove the pounds of fat which have accumulated before we gained a full understanding of the how and why of it. It gives me peace to remind myself that I did not put this weight on in a year, but rather over the course of many. So, I am resolved that it may take three or more to get it off if I remain diligent in my tracking efforts. Thanks for joining us.
  • alvarezadriana968
    alvarezadriana968 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My name is Rebecca. Started on this journey December right before Christmas. Goal is to lose 100 pounds by October. This month is my halfway point. I ran my first 5K in April in 37:38. Goal was 36 flat. My miles were 12:04, 12:02, 12:22. I'm now looking at becoming a certified health coach
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!

Finally my mind and body decided that it was time to come back to MFP ... so after like 3 or 4 months of no exercise at all and the worst eating choices today I went to the gym and so far I have not eaten the fridge and pantry all at once.

I am back in the US for good, so hopefully the stability this provides will help me get back on track because those 18 lbs that I gained back are definitively bumming me out :(

I see tons of new names, how great the group has expanded ... more people to share with our journey and to receive/provide support!!

I will wait until the next challenge to join, but I will cheer and send positive vibes for this one !

Keep the awesome work everyone and have a great day! :)
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I want to encourage everyone to take advantage of the really well done and interesting food movies available on Netflix and Amazon Prome as well as medical doctors Dr Berg and Dr Jason Jung on youtube. (Other formats like hulu, etc probably too)
    Dr Berg teaches from his medical text books making them understandable for the layman as well as using visual aids and
    Dr Jung discusses positive results he has accomplished in his medical practice in both interviews and lectures.
    You get to actually sit in medical school or hear a lecture from a real doctor to other doctors. Seriously prime information.
    Even if you don’t follow their exact plans, the info on the human body and the results should be valuable to you.

I really believe people should spend time researching the accurate new information available to us in recent years.
    High School biology is only the bare basic information and doesn’t explain the changes in our food sources in the last half century.
    These movies and info are not like the old food movies which slammed companies just to make a buck. And you do need to sort out the non-professional people who are just making up things to sell products and fake food. And remember that there are profit centers like big-pharm that don’t want a healthy population so weigh flames accordingly.

The best information available now is made up of many legit researchers and doctors and some of it contradicts each other but you know your body best and maybe even this information will help overcome the roadblocks you have never conquered.
    Many movies are entertaining, others clinical and some are disturbing but if you live on the modern western diet, you need to know that most of our choices are food products but not real food.

Go Back to School to win on this :smile:
    I would enjoy dialog on any movies ‘youse guys’ find helpful, interesting or rubbish :smiley:
  • Blessedboymom
    Blessedboymom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning, folks! This is my very first time to ever enter a discussion - or even do much more than enter a few meals and count calories for a few days. This time, however HAS to be different! We have finally removed half of my thyroid and actually gotten all my levels to expectation. I am a super busy mom of three boys, working full time (an hour commute each way), and literally trying to nearly fit 48 hours of things to do into a 24 hour day! With this being said, I want to find someone who has the similar struggles but always finds a way and not an excuse as i have been. I have tried veggies and I cannot make myself eat them. There are very select few i like (green beans, starchy corn, bell peppers, and I can make myself eat asparagus sometimes), but again, I want to try!

Thanks in advance for any time or coaching you can offer! Be blessed in your journeys!
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    @Teerai thanks for the suggestion ... definitively there are some eye opening documentaries on Netflix. Some of the info I think we sort of know it or suspect it but I think watching them really gets it into your head! I watched ... Food choices, from fat to finish line and fork over knives. A lot of people were recommending one called something like the diet pill but have not had the time yet to watch it.

@Aleksmom welcome to this chat ... I just rejoined yesterday after months away from MFP. Even though I don’t have kids I do have a hectic schedule so I can relate to what you are going through ... I had my whole thyroid removed about 5 years ago so I know how is it to struggle with the medications until the rights levels are set and you will need to keep vigilant of your body to make sure it stays that way. However you can definitively make it work ... last year I lost almost 80lbs .... I gained a bit back now but that is because I was making no effort at all not the thyroid!! And I also don’t eat veggies, but a way that I found a couple ways to eat them ... 1. cold press juicing, I mix them with fruits and 2. prepare tons of quiches with cheese or frittatas so the veggies are disguised :)
  • Teerai
    Options
    Yes juicing rocks!
    I have moved from (took back) a centrifical juicer to an masticating Omega Vert which is upright and gets more juice out of most products juiced.
    Also, it can re-juice pulp at least once which I love the little bit of extra pulp adding body to my juices.

d2b0k3ojys1i.jpeg
    ykmsrpv2m6bd.jpeg

There are a couple of even better models now.
    The market is moving on really developing this technology.
    Just watch out that ‘deals’ don’t have exuberant shipping charges.
    And juicing bottles are expensive. You can substitute jars or other glass containers.
    I just use old cold drink bottles like from snapple teas. I knew they would come in handy someday :smiley:

@happygirlxxx
    I have been thinking about comparing a cold press juicer. I know it’s supposed to be slower but
    It looks like it might even be more efficient.
    I juice several days at once, but on a quick day I will at least juice a couple 12oz bottles.
    Does your cold press do nuts well? And have you compared the cost of nut milk to the more processed store brands?

• moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Aleksmom wrote: »
    With this being said, I want to find someone who has the similar struggles but always finds a way and not an excuse as i have been. I have tried veggies and I cannot make myself eat them. There are very select few i like (green beans, starchy corn, bell peppers, and I can make myself eat asparagus sometimes), but again, I want to try!

Have you experimented with the way you are preparing the veggies? I have found I VASTLY prefer veggies roasted. I also eat a lot of frozen veggies. They are frozen when they are ideal, and easy to microwave. I would also experiment with seasoning. There are recipes, or you can buy fun blends that will make them tastier, just watch the salt content. I like Penzey's spices, I see "Oh my spice!" on a lot of instagram posts. Low to zero calories and yummy!

• DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: Ever? Do I have to type that? How about this round: 295
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 259.8
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 251.8

May 1 – 259.8
    May 3 – 258.4
    May 10 – 256.8
    May 17 – 255.2
    May 24 – 255.8
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: +.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -4.0
    Total weight lost: 39.2
    83125515.png

• EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge!
    (Aka Kicking Butt in May)
    Name: EmergencyGraphics
    Height: 5’6”
    Start Weight: 283.8- May 1/18
    Goal Weight: 279 - May 31/18

April 27 - 283.8
    May 4 - 283.2
    May 11 -285.2
    May 18 --sick--
    May 25 -283
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: 2.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -.8
    Total weight lost: 30 lbs
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge! :wink:
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 298.8
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 295

May 1 – 298.8
    May 4 - 298.0
    May 11- 297.0
    May 18 - 295.6
    May 25 - 294.6
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -4.2
    Total weight lost: 13.4 lbs

Officially below my goal for this challenge!
  • Teerai
    Options
    X6EUm8.png

2nXpbfw.png

• happygirlxxx
    Options
    Staying on track is getting harder and harder ... but one day at the time and not loosing faith that I can do this ... just need to try to focus more!

I just moved to a new city so tons of exploring and social events so it makes it hard not to overeat and also had forgotten how large portions here can be so need to find a method to just eat half and save the rest for later instead of stuffing myself like last night ... ordered a chopped salad that was easily for 2 and ate almost all ... I know it’s salad, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t add up! :p

Plus I discovered this dark chocolate with pretzels I think it’s called thin bark or similar ... yum, ate half of the bag :(

Anyway ready to enjoy the weekend! Yesterday we had gorgeous weather so I hope it stays the same so I can take my doggie for a nice long walk around the lake.

You all have a great weekend!! :)
  • Teerai
    Options
    Saw this. Thought it was a great idea!

by8zh9ijl2hq.png
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Name: Charlotte
    Height: 5’2”
    Highest Weight: 245
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 199.8
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 193

May 1 – 199.8
    May 6 - traveling, didn't weigh
    May 13- 198.5
    May 20 - 197
    May 27 - 194.6
    May 31 -
    (Changed the dates for myself a bit since I weigh in on Sunday)

Weight -/+ this week: -2.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -5.2
    Total Weight Lost -/+: 50.4
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5’10”
    Highest Weight: 341.2
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 284.6
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 276.6

May 1 – 284.6
    May 7- 284.6
    May 12- 277.8
    May 28- 274.4
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: -3.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -10.2
    Total weight lost: 66.8
  • tryin08
    tryin08 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I made the jars and marbles, like the pic posted above, in dec 2016 . Mine aren’t as pretty. Sadly, my “pounds lost” jar is empty. I have just restarted and determined to lose my marbles!
  • UsagiTeatime
    UsagiTeatime Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new here and just... Stepping in. :)
    I'm trying to lose 100lb but my financial and life make it a little difficult just to jump straight in.
    I'm going to work slowly as to not overwhelm myself.
    My first goals are to cut out sodas and sugary drinks completely and go on 3 walks a week.
    I know they seem small but they are big to me.

Best of luck to you all!! ❤️
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    Hi All!

Hope you had a nice memorial weekend (for those in the US).

Here the weather was fantastic so I took the opportunity to walk as much as I could ... yesterday over 30,000 steps!!! Needless to say my legs are tired .... but will try to do some type of physical activity anyway so not to lose momentum.

Food has not been the greatest but not terrible, but still can’t log a whole day ... need to get back to daily logging because I am sure I am going over my calories. Today I prepared breakfast and measured exactly everything so hopefully I can get back to it because that helped me tons last year.

@UsagiTeatime you are already in the right direction ... you have decided you want to make a change! Dropping the sugary drinks and walking is a great way to start your weight loss journey. As the pounds start dropping you can incorporate other stuff (increase walks or run, drinks x amount of water, reduce carbs, etc) nothing needs to be expensive nor super time consuming ... what is more important is that you remain committed to yourself.

For those who reported their weight during the weekend ... WTG!! you are all doing amazing! Inspiration for all of us! :)

Well time to get going... tons of errands to run and I am loving that I have to walk everywhere since I don’t have a car.

Have a good Tuesday!