The Anxiety Thread

Options

Replies

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    whoabilly wrote: »
    Recently found out I’m getting laid off in a month. I’ve been with the company over 3 years and built the department I’m in. Been hard to grasp the fact I have to restart again.

I'm sorry - you are more than this job and I wish you well - it will all work out in the end - but I know it must be hard now :(
  • whoabilly
    whoabilly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    whoabilly wrote: »
    Recently found out I’m getting laid off in a month. I’ve been with the company over 3 years and built the department I’m in. Been hard to grasp the fact I have to restart again.

What kind of work do you do?
    I’m in the mortgage industry. Currently I’m a manager in compliance for a mortgage lender. BUT I just got offered a sales position for one of our top originators. Might have been the push I needed!
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Dating anxiety sucks.
    Does he like me too? Does he think I'm as fat as I think I am? Am I good enough? Is this all a nice guy act and he's going to turn into a giant a-hole? Is he gonna cheat on me? Am I bothering him when I text or call? I'm afraid to get comfortable or be happy because I know the bottom is going to drop out.

You know whats crazy...i saw a guy post on mfp recently that i went on one date with. Lol. My profile pic wasnt up so he didnt see me...but lets say it was kinda fun to sit back and watch his mfp interactions ...lets say he was not hitting it off with the ladies :D
  • JMed29
    JMed29 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Life in general
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Ordering food...or wines...i hate when they sit the cork in front of me to sniff
  • kissmynivarna
    kissmynivarna Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    People. People make me anxious, the unknowing and unpredictability.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    People. People make me anxious, the unknowing and unpredictability.

Taking about @caco_ethes here

How double dog dare you
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    On planes when nobody pays attention to the whole here's what you do if we crash speech. I'm gonna die because these people were too busy playing Candy Crush.
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just about everything causes me anxiety. I would never leave the house if I didn't worry so much about people thinking there was something wrong with me for not leaving the house. So I get anxiety about going anywhere and I get anxiety when I haven't gone anywhere in a while. It's weird. If I was true to myself I'd probably leave the house once a week for produce and do the rest of my shopping online and never go anywhere or do anything unless I had the urge to. But I worry too much about what other people think about me so I force myself to go out and do things and end up an exhausted wreck from the anxiety it causes by the time I get back home.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I have diagnosed generalized anxiety so... literally everything.. and a lot of times nothing at all!

Large groups of people in unruly situations makes me extremely anxious to the point where I avoid them, though.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Having left over food on my plate

Tell me about it......I worked out in the sun all day and it must have affected me. I stopped at one of my favorite places to eat and ordered the delicious short ribs.....and couldn't finish them....I'm a failure....
  • KARJNKK18
    KARJNKK18 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Kinda had an anxiety attack on here a few days ago after posting up my daily calorie intake was 1100. Water under the bridge now but at that time their replies 'at me' and not 'to me' knocked me back a bit! After my little 'pity party' lol!, reflected and the best thing really was, they were addressing what was important for our health and seriousness of underfeeding, not recommended. I am thankful for that and for reality check I got. Good always outweighs the little bad. Cheers
  • bojack3
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »

Tell me about it......I worked out in the sun all day and it must have affected me. I stopped at one of my favorite places to eat and ordered the delicious short ribs.....and couldn't finish them....I'm a failure....

Think about all the starving children in the world?! How dare you leave food on your plate. Those were my mother’s words to me consistently when I was a child. Now that guilt is engraved in my mind.

Well I did bring them home and had them for breakfast.....:)
  • bojack3
    Options

Think about all the starving children in the world?! How dare you leave food on your plate. Those were my mother’s words to me consistently when I was a child. Now that guilt is engraved in my mind.

Well I did bring them home and had them for breakfast.....:)

Wait! What?! Short ribs for breakfast..... sounds healthy.

A great source of protein ;)
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    I need some protein