The Anxiety Thread

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm starting to get a little anxious that @caco_ethes will never tell us what the 3 questions are.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    I’m freaking out about ticks and Lyme disease. And knowing this lady I’m seeing standing over there but not remembering where I know her from.

zmlvzxtj7q1b.png

Eye seeeee youuu
  • Soaphia1
    Soaphia1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My family, work-life, taking care of children, cleaning my room, paperwork, going to the Dr., Starting anything new, ummmm, so basically life in general... Lol
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I'm starting to get a little anxious that @caco_ethes will never tell us what the 3 questions are.

What if they’re different for everyone?
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Just about everything causes me anxiety. I would never leave the house if I didn't worry so much about people thinking there was something wrong with me for not leaving the house. So I get anxiety about going anywhere and I get anxiety when I haven't gone anywhere in a while. It's weird. If I was true to myself I'd probably leave the house once a week for produce and do the rest of my shopping online and never go anywhere or do anything unless I had the urge to. But I worry too much about what other people think about me so I force myself to go out and do things and end up an exhausted wreck from the anxiety it causes by the time I get back home.

My Dad has anxiety about going out. He was in an accident a few years ago which left him in pain most of the time. He never leaves the house now, does all his shopping online, if there's something he can't get delivered I get it for him. He very sadly missed my Brother's wedding because of it too.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I’m failing at replying to messages and it’s making me anxious
  • JMed29
    JMed29 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Caco dont let it get to you
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    JMed29 wrote: »
    Caco dont let it get to you

If it were that easy there'd be no anxiety. That's the whole thing with anxiety it does "get to you"
    I hate when people say "don't let it get to you" "pull yourself together" "man up"
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options
    pef0sdrvi3bn.gif
  • ScrambledPlaird
    ScrambledPlaird Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Going to the doctor makes me anxious.
    Bees/wasps/hornets make me anxious.
    Testing makes me VERY anxious.

The worst thing of all is that I often worry that I’ll never find another job...

• caco_ethes
    Options
    pef0sdrvi3bn.gif

Stoppitttt :bawling:
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    pef0sdrvi3bn.gif

yj2d5t23bjs6.gif
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    pef0sdrvi3bn.gif

yj2d5t23bjs6.gif

See? They’re vicious!
  • HarryPro
    HarryPro Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Traffic. The instant I hit traffic I start to panic that I will need the bathroom -- which of course spirals into me actually needing the bathroom.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Things falling apart - some rational fears that I can't let go of, many irrational fears. When things go well I expect that something will rob me of my happiness. When things are tough I expect them to get worse. My brain is hardwired that way, it's just the way I am - accepting I am that way helps me recognize it and move on :)
  • Sesquy
    Sesquy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Eating in public makes me obnoxiously anxious. I feel bad turning down invites to go out... Which also makes me anxious. :(
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Shopping for a new house

I actually enjoy the searching part. It’s the packing, moving and unpacking that gives me anxiety.

It is in the top 3 most stressful life experiences apparently.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I've learnt to view my anxiety as just thoughts; when I'm calm I can let them go and not engage with them. Unfortunately, if I don't train I have a lot of excess adrenaline in my body, this makes it A LOT harder to not engage with the thoughts as the adrenaline tricks my mind into reacting to the "threat"; typically your body only produces adrenaline in response to an actual real life situation so the mind assumes that the anxious thoughts must be reality.

Anywoo, I'm having to use mindfulness and trying not to react to triggers, to try to re-wire myself. In August, it will be two years since I was able to consistently train; at present I have an overly tight glute which is limiting my ability to exercise to the required intensity as the muscles in my glute and around my sij tighten up causing pain.

Still, I'm just doing my stretching and gradually making progress so hopefully I'll be back training before the end of the year. Till then I will just try to do things that scare me, practice my relaxtiob techniques and try to remain as calm as I can.