June 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso
    your 2 goal made me remember my best times was when i sung in the car regularily. maybe i should do that too. helps increase my lung capacity or so it seems
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    June Running Goal guess of 120 Miles.

This month I will continue rebuilding my base mileage, start some weekly track workouts, and begin marathon prep for either Lakefront in Milwaukee on Oct 7th or Monumental in Indianapolis on Nov 3th. Haven't registered for either yet and will wait to see how things play out before making any final decision in the next couple of months as I don't think either of them will reach capacity prior to then. Will start with the 10/7 race as my goal as my running club will be prepping for Chicago marathon on the same day (I didn't get picked in the lottery) and can adjust if needed as I clearly melt in the heat and pushing some of the longer training runs into early fall, if needed, might be a huge plus.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    girlinahat wrote: »
    me first?????

wow.

Mileage goal - get through a marathon and not die.

Sorry but I'm first. ;)

But are you in the same age group? ;)

That depends on whether she’s had a birthday yet this year!!! >:)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Goal for me this month is to stay injury free and get used to running in the heat at least twice a week while my leg recovers. Nominal goal 31 miles / 50k, but if my knee starts swelling or being painful I may count walk miles.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @kevaasen I've heard some good things about the lakefront. not too big not too small. plus MKE is a fun place to be in the fall
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,008 Member
    Options
    Good to have you back @RespectTheKitty and @Marissaxzxzxz !

Welcome to the group @JessiRaeSawyer @saraz4 @conatser9 @saravandeputte and @pritchk !

I think I will set my June goal at 75 miles. It is a little lower than the last couple of months, but I am not training for a half marathon at this time and so between that and the Texas heat I am setting my goal conservatively.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I start training for a marathon this month (Marine Corps Marathon, Oct 29)! I'm not sure how this first month is going to play out mileage wise yet, so I'll have to get back to you with a goal after a little calculation - I'm going to tentatively say 110 miles. I am still doing hybrid strength/endurance training as well and am going to need to find the right balance with that.

I start out the month with a half marathon this weekend - the Niagara Falls Women's HM, so at least I know the long run is taken care of. Then maybe the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge a few days after but I have a scheduling conflict so I might have to bag on that. I have a week of travel in the middle of June to probably hot and steamy Iowa so will need to make an extra effort to get some miles in that week.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Gonna lower the bar a little bit this month and say 100 for my goal. I'd like it to be more than that, but things haven't been going my way in terms of mileage. The last two weeks of the month, will begin my plan for a full marathon in October...excited and nervous.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,403 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @RespectTheKitty and @Marissaxzxzxz!! We have missed you!
    Welcome to our group of crazy runners @JessiRaeSawyer @saraz4 @conatser9 @saravandeputte @pritchk and @amirahdaboss (and any other newbie I missed)! We have runners of all types, distances and speeds - some run long, some run fast, some run long and fast but they are all super helpful and encouraging so don't be afraid to join in the conversations and ask questions.

@katharmonic - I think @BruinsGal_91 is also running the JP Morgan Challenge!
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    me first?????

wow.

Mileage goal - get through a marathon and not die.

Sorry but I'm first. ;)

But are you in the same age group? ;)

That depends on whether she’s had a birthday yet this year!!! >:)

Not yet. ;)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Good luck this weekend @katharmonic. I know you'll kill it!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I did 30 for my "gettin' back to it" month of May, so I'm going to plan on 40 for June. I'm done with school and have a couple of weeks before my kiddos are out, so I'm looking forward to some nice long park runs in the mornings. We do have a little vacation, but hopefully that will just mean some other fun place to run. :)

I'm starting out tomorrow by chaperoning 150 middle school kids to a chorus field trip/amusement park day, so no run!

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I’ll say 150k again, but that’s an ambitious goal...
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    My goal is 3 runs per week minimum with a total monthly goal of 70 miles.
    And to keep up with this thread (sort-of)