June 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• huntleigh3229
    huntleigh3229 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm setting a goal of 50 miles this month. I've just started a 5k to 10k plan to increase my distance over the summer.

Next race is a 7k on 7/7.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,063 Member
    01/06 3.52 miles

I did 1 mile this morning but it was just too hot so did the rest this evening after it cooled down with load of thunder and rain.

Thankyou for the welcome back! @Elise4270, @Kgirlhart & @Shanaber. Looks like there are a good few of us starting back so thats motivation alone.

@marisap2010 - sorry you lost your dog, they become part of the family.

exercise.png

• ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    I'm good for 4 Kennedy's in June.
  • ctlaws44
    Damn you Gary!! I cannot stop thinking of leaving work early to get a donut. I've made karaoke songs in my head to such thoughts.
  • ctlaws44
    I have a 5k tomorrow morning (NASA Langley 5K Moonwalk and Run) that I hope to break 20 min finally. 5k's suck in general. They're a ballz out DGaF race. Plus there are several student interns participating. All said and done I'm going to have to sell out hard to rep the old folks.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    6/1 = 4 miles

150 goal miles / 4 miles complete

Upcoming Races (so far):
    6/23/2018 -Fit Foodie 5k
    10/10/2018 -Tough Mudder Half
    10/27/2018 -Hill Country Halloween Half Marathon
    1/26/2019 -Fitbit Topical 5k
    1/27/2019 -Miami Marathon
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,699 Member
    June 1 – 9.51 miles (4.5 miles of hill repeats)

@stoshew71 – Thanks for getting us started again!

I’m going with 75 miles for my monthly goal. I’m starting Beachbody’s 80 Day Obsession workout and food plan. I need to loose a few pounds that have crept on and since I don’t have a half marathon until October, I figure now is a good time to cut calories, focus on cross-training and back off on the mileage.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    ctlaws44 wrote: »
    Damn you Gary!! I cannot stop thinking of leaving work early to get a donut. I've made karaoke songs in my head to such thoughts.

Oh I missed a donut conversation... Is it his Strava run of the day? How about some paczki's? I've never had 'em, but think I'd really like too! Gary, please bring the group some paczki's. :heart: :yum:
  • MrsHansGruber
    MrsHansGruber Posts: 1 Member
    40km for me :smile:
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Oh I missed a donut conversation... Is it his Strava run of the day? How about some paczki's? I've never had 'em, but think I'd really like too! Gary, please bring the group some paczki's. :heart: :yum:

It is doughnut day today so it must be on Strava.

Here in Canada at Tim Hortons they were selling breakfast sandwiches on a doughnut instead of on a biscuit or English muffin.

I kind of shuddered when I saw the ad, tbh.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    sarahthes wrote: »

Here in Canada at Tim Hortons they were selling breakfast sandwiches on a doughnut instead of on a biscuit or English muffin.

Ugh...
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    sarahthes wrote: »

Ugh...

None of that sounds good.

Bacon, in buttered cheap white sliced bread. I’ll take mine without brown sauce.
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    @ctlaws44 Hope you got to leave the office early in the end! And good luck with your race tomorrow. :smile: I've never actually run a 5K race myself, and was mentioning to the group just yesterday that I should probably think about doing so.

First sweaty run of the month down...plenty more to go.

01 - 15.23

Total: 15.23 / 300 miles
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    It is only 4:45 pm my time and we are already 5 pages in!

Goal for June:
    Continue PT for Plantar Plantar fasciitis
    50 miles for June – run/walk depending on foot
    Incorporate speed work on Tuesdays each week (also dependent upon foot is feeling)

Two sessions of PT done for Plantar fasciitis, and so far it is improving

@RespectTheKitty – Glad you answered @girlinahat on running in a cemetery

Posted this in May thread, but posting here also:
    @hanlonsk - Not sure about the Red Dress Run in NO - my kids go back to school that week, but I will consider if you do it. I am terribly slow, so you may not want me as your running buddy.
    @dreamer12151 - Glad Garmin and Nike are on speaking terms
    @skippygirlsmom - Congrats to Skippy and you on graduation! Glad you are 100% back.

Upcoming races (Question marks are races not yet registered for):
    Louisiana Marathon Quarter Marathon - 01/13/2018 - Done
    Mardi Gras Mambo 10K - 02/17/2018 - Done
    Q50 Races Sunset Gulf - 6.5 miles 3/24/2018 -DNS
    Fat Boy 5K - 04/14/2018 - Cancelled due to Tornado Warning
    Active for Autism 5K - 05/05/2018 - Done - Walked
    AKA CANN 5K - 06/02/2018 -
    BIG EASY BIG HEART 5K 7/21/2018 - ?
    August Race - ?
    Saints Kick Off Run - 09/08/2018 -?
    WHOA Racing Cane Field Classic 2018 (Machete 7 – 1 mile/4 mile/2mile) 10/13/2018- ?
    Cajun Cup OR Middendorf's Manchac Run - 11/10/2018 - ?
    St Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend 10K - 12/01/2018
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    June 1st. Scheduled rest day, so zero miles for the month so far.

Tomorrow is a travel day. I might get a shakedown run in late tomorrow afternoon. Sunday is a half marathon.

I've made the executive decision that I will travel without my laptop. This decision is easier since my daughter convinced me to do the tedious labor of converting my filters in Thunderbird to be server-side in gmail. It also means I won't be following this forum for two days, because I can't handle the small cell phone screen plus the atrocious size and quantity of ads MFP pushes at me on conversational screens. So most likely, I'll be skipping a couple hundred messages when I get around to posting my first non-zero status of the month.

@Elise4270 - You missed the canonical answer to the question:
    Q: How do you get into a locked cemetery at night?
    A: With a skeleton key!

I've only needed to get into a locked cemetery twice, and unfortunately I neglected to bring a skeleton key both times. Once I stayed out, the other time the young guys with me talked me into scaling the gate.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    @shanaber That's not helping me stick to the plan. ;)