CICO - it’s truly that simple!!!

Options
Why have we made weight loss so complicated? I’ve been following the advice of a few folks here for about 5 days. I’m pretty active and have a Fitbit Charge 2...I can’t believe how accurate my cico seems to be when combining Fitbit and mfp. I have struggled with my weight for a good bit of my life. I’ve tried Weight Watchers too many times to count, South Beach, Slim Fast, low carb, you name it but I’ve always been so hungry...and I just kept getting heavier.

Granted, I only have a few days of data to back this up, but it seems to be working really well! I’m not hungry and I’m eating what I want.

Just browsing the boards, my initial mindset of “I can only eat 1200 calories” or “I’ve resigned myself to being hungry” are fairly common.

Guess what??? You CAN eat!

Replies

• witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    There will be challenges sooner or later, I suspect, but you're off to a good start with a great attitude. Many of us find calorie counting liberating and surprisingly easy - I sure did. :)

Best wishes!

Yes! This has been such a wake up call...and how much I can eat and still lose! Granted, I’m 50-60 pounds overweight, but still.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    For just weight loss, yes, it's, just as simple as CICO but for strength, health and fitness it isn't that simple at all.

this is pretty much true.

macros here, macros there.....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are finding success!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    MFP makes it so easy. To go in and track everything however one decides to do it. To me having one place to look up all the nutrition and create recipes has made it just so easy. I can honestly say I never remember working on changing the way I eat for one month before with so little of an issue. Kudos to you!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    For just weight loss, yes, it's, just as simple as CICO but for strength, health and fitness it isn't that simple at all.

this is pretty much true.

macros here, macros there.....

And Sacramento is the capital of California is pretty much true, too -- but both statements are changing the subject from what was stated in the OP.