Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    81meg1L wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Meg.

About me:
    Diet = Keto
    Weekend activity = Hiking, swimming.
    Weekday activity = Jogging, Body-weight exercises
    36 y/o Mom to one active teenager

Work in Accounting
    Love music, movies, travel
    Bilingual in Spanish

Feel free to add me, love to meet new ppl. :-)

Hello Meg,

Welcome to a great group. Great share BTW.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Howdy, 38 female, Houston area. Always looking for friends.

You look familiar, but I can't quite place your face.

Lol, think hard puddin.

LOL... It's like you read my mind! I just knew you'de say that. You must be psychotic! :smiley:
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Happy Hump Day Everybody!!
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Howdy, 38 female, Houston area. Always looking for friends.

You look familiar, but I can't quite place your face.

Lol, think hard puddin.

LOL... It's like you read my mind! I just knew you'de say that. You must be psychotic! :smiley:

You know me so well.
  • bearcat89
    bearcat89 Posts: 7 Member
    Morning this might be a dumb question but how do you add someone to your friends list or make a request?LETS GO Get AFTER IT TODAY!
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    HHD. Sorry I'm late this morning. It is chilly here in Virginia (71 and mostly cloudy). It will stop being dreary one day.

@bearcat89 to add friend (from PC) click on person's name, a box pops up click again to go to their page, you will see "add friend". I suggest that you put a note with it. Some people do not accept without a note
  • nolanspice
    nolanspice Posts: 3 Member
    Turning 51 in July and have to get back on that hobbled horse... [chuckle]
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    HHD. Sorry I'm late this morning. It is chilly here in Virginia (71 and mostly cloudy). It will stop being dreary one day.

I am up by DC and am loving this cooler, drier weather. It makes it easier to get out and it will be hot soon enough!

• sassynkp2171
    sassynkp2171 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello. 46 and starting my journey to a healthier lifestyle. Feel free to add me- love to share thoughts and advice!
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    amandainmd wrote: »

I am up by DC and am loving this cooler, drier weather. It makes it easier to get out and it will be hot soon enough!

I live in the Hampton Roads area and work in Richmond. I'm glad it isn't cold anymore. LOL
  • dblbbl88
    dblbbl88 Posts: 857 Member
    HUMP DAY my friends!!
  • icecoffee29
    icecoffee29 Posts: 45 Member
    Good afternoon All! I'm a middle agers... lol tipping the old age stage. I'm 53 years old and trying to get healthy.
  • muddymeg99
    muddymeg99 Posts: 1 Member
    81meg1L wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Meg.

About me:
    Diet = Keto
    Weekend activity = Hiking, swimming.
    Weekday activity = Jogging, Body-weight exercises
    36 y/o Mom to one active teenager

Work in Accounting
    Love music, movies, travel
    Bilingual in Spanish

Feel free to add me, love to meet new ppl. :-)
    Hello, I'm Meg 2

About me:
    Diet = High protein/mod fat/low-ish carb 50/30/20
    Weekend activity = Hiking, XC skiing, snowshoeing, bootcamp, yoga
    Weekday activity = Yoga, spin, bootcamp, repeat
    38 y/o Mom to one not-so-active teenager who I'm trying to prod into activity by example

Work in Payroll & Accounting
    Love music, books, being outside
    Bilingual in Pig Latin (that counts, right?)

I feel like we should be friends, Meg 1 :smiley:
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,863 Member
    Wow I can't believe how many people on on this post . I think most of MFP are M agers
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    Good evening peeps...hope your day was well!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Hope you all had a great day! I didn't exercise this evening -- too sore from last night's workout, but I will be back at it tomorrow! Hey @TomFit18, what part of the Midwest are you from? I sent you a message, but not sure if you've seen it. I'm in Missouri and was born and raised in Iowa -- just curious!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,863 Member
    Hope you all had a great day! I didn't exercise this evening -- too sore from last night's workout, but I will be back at it tomorrow! Hey @TomFit18, what part of the Midwest are you from? I sent you a message, but not sure if you've seen it. I'm in Missouri and was born and raised in Iowa -- just curious!

Beach gal I thought you where on the jersey Shore
  • beachgal0626
    Hey, can I join in?! I see a couple of familiar "faces"/names on here. I'm at the upper end of this group (55) . . . so saying hi from the Midwest (nowhere near the beach/ocean :( ) and hoping you are all having a great weekend!

Nope, not even close! Here is my first post (in this thread). I've been on MFP since 2012.
  • beachgal0626
    I would like to take a trip to the east coast some day, then go up to the northeastern states. I've been to West Virginia once and North Carolina once -- that's it! I don't travel much, but would sure love to take a long road trip in the near future. Have you lived in New Jersey for awhile, Ralph?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Hey, can I join in?! I see a couple of familiar "faces"/names on here. I'm at the upper end of this group (55) . . . so saying hi from the Midwest (nowhere near the beach/ocean :( ) and hoping you are all having a great weekend!

Nope, not even close! Here is my first post (in this thread). I've been on MFP since 2012.

And it's lovely to see you *smooch*

If you send people pm and they aren't friends or you've never spoken before theres a weird glitch that means they may not see it. If by chance they send you one later on, it somehow closes the loop.