The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Howdy, 38 female, Houston area. Always looking for friends.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options

You look familiar, but I can't quite place your face.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    2nd day of no phones or internet at work so working from home on a gorgeous June day - would knock off early except for a stupid late day conference call
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »

You look familiar, but I can't quite place your face.

Lol, think hard puddin.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Well my friends it's about time to leave the fulltime day job, and head off to the ER for the part time job... Saving Lives and Stomping out Disease, that's what I'm about. I might be popping in later.
    and remember... either be good, or be good at it!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Part time ER job?
    Looks like my workout today is tidying my house. I have to have it done for tomorrow morning. My friend is coming to stay over and my brother so we can all go sit together Thursday for my mom's surgery. I see lots of coffee in my future
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Part time ER job?
    Looks like my workout today is tidying my house. I have to have it done for tomorrow morning. My friend is coming to stay over and my brother so we can all go sit together Thursday for my mom's surgery. I see lots of coffee in my future

Will be thinking of you all and hope it goes well for her.

Just got home from work and a workout at the gym -- kettlebell class -- the class is much tougher than it looks! It's only my second time to that particular class, and I'm proud of myself that I made it through!

Hope you all are having a great day!
  • erinpatsy
    erinpatsy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    36, Wisconsin. Put on 23 pounds “suddenly” over 2 years. About to start IVF and want to up our chances so this has gotta go!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Thanks guys it's a really neat thing she is having done. She'll have electrodes implanted in her brain and attached to what is essentially a pace maker which will be implanted in her upper chest area. So basically two surgeries the one she will be awake for. Modern medicine is pretty amazing
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Part time ER job?

Yes I work as a patient care tech. I was an AF medic for 18 years... just never made it to RN school.. oh well.

oh no. My friends wife is having surgery tomorrow, so I'm going to go sit with him... I'll raise my coffee cup to you.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Part time ER job?

Yes I work as a patient care tech. I was an AF medic for 18 years... just never made it to RN school.. oh well.

oh no. My friends wife is having surgery tomorrow, so I'm going to go sit with him... I'll raise my coffee cup to you.

Good luck with your friends wife. It's nice to have company it's nice you're doing that.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,584 Member
    Options
    Hey! Good evening peeps...hope everything went well for all of you today!
  • TheBusyBear
    TheBusyBear Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Sucks when that happens it's super discouraging. Just keep up what you're doing. The body is weird. Maybe you had something high in sodium and that made you retain water. Keep up the good work and you'll notice a difference [/quote]

Thanks so much. This is the second time sodium was brought up. I should look into my food log.
  • NDietrich66
    NDietrich66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pushing 52 here in WI where I own/operate a private pet care business. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression and this job keeps me alive. Hit 200# a few days ago and drove to Anytime Fitness with my tail tucked between my legs. Weight and lack of stamina (but asthma, though!) is limiting my range of clients and I won’t risk my business, which just hit the two-year mark and is crazy busy. Also, addicted to Snickers and Reeses Cups and on bad days, may eat nothing but. There. I said it.
  • djt4321
    djt4321 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I’m brand new and feel super motivated. Any one wanna be friends?!
  • jdh062801
    jdh062801 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hit the big 5-0 next month. Job and injuries have slightly sidetracked me, so I’m focused on getting back to what I prefer. Fairly new here, feel free to reach out. Good luck out there!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I guess you are all sleeping peacefully :D
    Night guys sleep tight
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,584 Member
    Options
    Hello beautiful peeps! Lets have a great day!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day B)
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Good Wednesday from a return-to-dreary NJ. Not too much damage from last night's Thai restaurant and did make it to the gym afterward. Looking forward to the gym today. When I look back to the year(s) where I had gained an enormous amount of weight, I'm shocked at the differences in what "I look forward to" and in the radical behavioral differences...looking forward to the gym instead of looking forward to napping on the couch in between snack and dinner. For all those starting out, you can really make this an exciting time. Carpe Diem!