Options

Replies

• DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: This round: 295 (January 16, 2018)
    Start Weight (June 2, 2018): 255.6
    Goal Weight ( June 30, 2018): 247.6

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: or or

June 8-
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost: 39.4
    83125515.png
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Quite happy about the challenge ... I have not done one in a while, so I hope I can keep up and reach my goal. I think the 1st time I did one might have been around this time last year and it was a good one, so fingers crossed this one brings me luck as well :p

@arschrock welcome to the group ... I know the wake up call you got is not what you were expecting and I cant only imagine how hard it is to see your dad so sick. But it has brought you the willpower and strength to fight for a healthier you, so here we are to support you in your weight loss ... cheer you with all the victories and provide a virtual hug on those days that aren't as perfect.

Super Summer Slimdown B)
    Name: Ana
    Age: 42 (but will have a birthday sometime during the challenge :) )
    Height: 5’3"
    Highest Weight: 229
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 168
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 155

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did:

June 8-
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0
    Total weight lost: 61
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5’10”
    Highest Weight: 341.2
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 269.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 239.2

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: :smiley: or :neutral: or :disappointed:

June 8-
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 73.2

I really needed a challenge like this to keep me going towards my goal of 100 pounds gone by the end of summer!
  • tryin08
    tryin08 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my weigh in day. I don’t plan to weigh myself often, but wanted to know how I did my first week. I forgot to and so had to wait until this morning to weigh in. I have 3 scales and not one of them would give me an accurate reading! Oh well, better that I don’t know. However, I did take measurements and saw less inches!!!! That was a great motivator especially since I sew my own clothes. Those numbers are important to me. Make sure you measure yourselves!
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge! :wink:
    (Aka Kicking Butt in May)
    Name: Charlotte
    Height: 5’2”
    Highest Weight: 245
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 199.8
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 193

May 1 – 199.8
    May 6 - traveling, didn't weigh
    May 13- 198.5
    May 20 - 197
    May 27 - 194.6
    May 31 - (6/3) 196.3
    (Changed the dates for myself a bit since I weigh in on Sunday)

Weight -/+ this week:+1.7
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.5
    Total Weight Lost -/+: 48.7

Traveled this week for a funeral, but tracked everything as best I could. I should have had a small loss, so I'm going to blame the high sodium these past two days from ham, japanese and italian foods. On to next challenge.
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, folks! How was everyone's weekend? I was busy, busy, busy as usual, but managed to rein in the eating by tracking better and I had a decent loss this week despite last week's holiday food fest.

Here's who I have so far for our S^3 challenge- me, @arschrock @DebCountsAll @happygirlxxx @SammyKlingler
    Hoping many more jump on and join us losers! ;)
    Because I'm a #numbersnerd, I love having the stats for these challenges. For the 5 of us so far, we're trying to lose 99 pounds. That's about 8% of our total current combined weight. What an awesome goal! ( @DebCountsAll that will probably change a bit because you've done a monthly goal).

How is your water consumption going this week? Does everyone shoot for the normally recognized "8 cups"?
    Or more/less? What are your tips/tricks for getting your water in?
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 294.0
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 275

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did:

June 8-
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 14

Already failing for today by taking a donut at work. But I'll hit the gym after, and I have a low cal lunch planned
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    kbeyer23 wrote: »

How is your water consumption going this week? Does everyone shoot for the normally recognized "8 cups"?
    Or more/less? What are your tips/tricks for getting your water in?

I have two 32 ounce bottles that I bought while up in Alaska. I have noticed when I drink four 32 ounce bottles, I post my biggest losses the next day. I do try to always drink three of them, and the days when I drink two or less are less than stellar weight-wise. There is also a correlation between water consumption and feeling hungry, and it is an inverse correlation. Obviously this is just my experience, but drinking more water means feeling less hungry.

I drink coffee and tea in addition to the water. I count it all in my water total on MFP. Yes, this is far more than "eight glasses a day." My skin also thanks me :smiley:
  • tanq85petkova
    tanq85petkova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello.I am new,too,and I need to lose over 100 lbs.Maybe we can be support buddies?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    <sneaks in after lurking for the past few weeks>

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been so out of the loop lately. The end of the school year really had me stressed which = not spending time on me. Nutrition, exercise, and posting in this thread were not stellar. I did participate in an Amazing Race challenge again, but I think all that did was keep me from completely blowing up. :)

For those who don't know me, my name is Karen, and I've been a part of this thread since its inception, and I was also a member of the previous iteration since 2011. I'm a HS English Lit teacher, and now that I'm off for the summer, I hope to be a more consistent contributor to the conversation.

It looks like you at the start of a new challenge, so I will jump in.

@kbeyer23 -- I shoot for 10-12 cups a day. I have always been a water drinker--I don't like to drink anything else with my meals, but I do also drink coffee at work and iced green tea at home. I don't really have any tricks, but like @DebCountsAll it helps me to use my 32 oz water bottle to keep track. I also try to drink at least 8 oz upon first waking and right before bed.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

June 8-
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 45.4
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a new challenge and I love the idea of it being all summer.

Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Patty
    Height: 5’6"
    Highest Weight: 313
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 282
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 260
    NS Goal: down a size

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: :

June 8-
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Yesterday was a good day. I made mostly healthy choices netting under 1400 calories, and I went for a 1.5 mile walk with the dog followed by a short 1.5 mile run. It's been awhile since I've run, so I wasn't concerned with my pace--just wanted to run most of it, which I did.

Today was less active b/c I had a few errands to run, but I still managed a short walk with the dog. I'm hoping to also do a short workout tonight while watching TV. I just downloaded the Fitbit coach app, and I'm anxious to see what kind of workouts they have on there. Yesterday I only had time for the short fitness test after my run. Does anyone else on here use that app? If so, do you have any tips or favorite workouts?

Doing okay with the water goal. Yesterday was better than today, but I still have time to get a few more glasses in today. :)

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

June 8-
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 45.4
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    Good Morning!

I love to bake and for a while I was not doing so because if I don't have anyone to share with, well I will eat it all myself (my husband hardly eats any baked goods) .... and well sure enough, I baked a maple walnut almond flour loaf .... it was yummy and needless to say, I ate half of it during the afternoon :# The only positive side it was low carb ;)

But I can see that will affect my weigh-in ... because it might have been low carb, but not low cal :open_mouth:

Besides that, trying to drink as much water as possible which for me is so hard!! I see some people that drink and drink and I am just not thirty so I just force it. I am drinking this La Croix as well, not sure if super healthy but I guess better than no water at all :)

What else to share? Trying to reduce dairy too ... I am having this coconut cream / almond milk with my coffee .. not bad; but I do love cheese so that I guess will be hard to give up, but trying to find less processed versions .. at least that should be healthier, right?

Hope you are all having a great week ... until next time!
  • rpmkarting
    rpmkarting Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Anyone here having success with Keto? I am nearly 2 months in and it seems to be working out well. I still have about 80 lbs to lose. But it seems to have turned consistent for me at 2lbs per week.
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Name: Katrina
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 305
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 260
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 236

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: :neutral: Ok, so this is my challenge that I came up with, but if there was a sound to how I did it would be a tuba "womp-womp" haha. I'm going to rechallenge myself at this next week and get my bottles filled first thing in the a.m. and be ready!

June 8- 259.5
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -0.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -0.5
    Total weight lost (this round- since Jan '18): 41lbs

Only .5lb lost, but I'm not sweating it too much. I saw a lower weight a few times earlier this week (I weigh daily but only "count" my Friday weigh-in.) I'm guessing I'll have a "whoosh" week this week or next.

NEXT WEEK'S MINI-GOAL:
    6/8-6/15 focus: Positive Self-Talk! At LEAST once each day say something kind to yourself. Doesn't have to be related to your weight loss journey- cause we are all of WAAAAY more value than numbers on a scale!! Why is it sometimes so much easier to be negative to ourselves? I don't know about you, but I can be incredibly hard on myself instead of extending the same grace to myself that I wouldn't hesitate to extend to others. So, this week let's create a culture of positivity in our own hearts toward ourselves. :love:
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 294.0
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 275

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: :|

June 8- 292
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2
    Total weight lost: 16

I tried harder with water, but didn't get 8 cups. I never really count water. Whenever I make an effort to drink more, I go to the bathroom every hour and it's so annoying that I stop.

I hit the gym 5 days this week, and I plan on going 1 more time tomorrow. I wore workout leggings for the first time and no one commented, but I did get a few funny looks. I need to start wearing tank tops, but I'm so self conscious about all the flab.
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: This round: 295 (January 16, 2018)
    Start Weight (June 2, 2018): 255.6
    Goal Weight (June 30, 2018): 247.6

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: :smiley: I'm one of those people who can get water in easily. I have two 32 oz bottles I bought while in Alaska in January. I rotate them, and refill as soon as one is empty. I cannot drink cold water unless it is an attempt to cool down. It has to be room temperature. I just keep a bottle with me at all times, and if I get the feeling that I've had enough water for now, I wait an hour to drink more. If I drink four of these bottles a day, weight loss is so easy. I'm less hungry and virtually never feel any desire to snack. If I drink three, that's okay and my weight does okay too. Two? Less? My weight loss stagnates the less I drink.

Positive self talk? That will be more difficult. I think I'll enlist my best friend and we can build each other up too.

June 8- 253.4
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -2.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2.2
    Total weight lost: 41.6
    83125515.png
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    So definitively all that baking didn't help at all .... I gained this week :'( , plus is that time ... so hopefully the following weeks will be better!

I am also going to Pure Barre this week, for newbies they were offering classes at $10/ea so will give it a try. Its low impact so I think should be OK, specially since I have not been training for a while. I thought about Orange Theory, but I feel like it would be too much to handle right now .... btw has anyone tried it?

Super Summer Slimdown B)
    Name: Ana
    Age: 42 (but will have a birthday sometime during the challenge :) )
    Height: 5’3"
    Highest Weight: 229
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 168
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 155

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: :| just OK; but improving for sure!

June 8: 171
    June 15:
    June 23:
    June 30:

Weight -/+ this week: +3
    Weight -/+ this challenge: +3
    Total weight lost: -58
  • hanalin2
    hanalin2 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi, I have been logging onto this app 101 days straight. I have lost a little over 25 pounds. I need to lose 100lbs to be considered not obese, but more to be of normal weight. I’ve never lost this much before when tracking my weight. I usually give up sooner. I don’t want to give up this time, I want my health and energy back, I’m not young anymore. I am scared to get past the usual amount of weight I lose (more than 20 something pounds), afraid of self sabotage, afraid of not losing. But here I am continuing on and so far I’ve held strong. This is my first week tho eating above my calorie goal, though, which is kinda freaking me out a little. I’m worried but also trying to exercise more at least. I did a hike today 3.8 miles 794 elevation gain, that felt good. But then I ate a ton more calories :-( Still I have to remember the calories don’t negate my accomplishment and how good the exercise felt. Thanks for reading my share