Outfit help, PLEASE!

Options
124»

Replies

• paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Aww you look like a little girl in floral~ I like #4 personally, but since 1, 2, and 4 all have the same cut, I don't think it matters. Leave your hair down for the meeting, it's slimming. Also, try a belt and some long necklaces to break up the print

I also think Dress D has the most potential with Dress B a close runner-up ...if you do not have a blazer or other more fitted piece to use over Dress C that definitely has a more polished look. If it comes down to D or B, sometimes we just gotta work with what we have, and consider the belt idea with long necklaces.

For such an important meeting, you must feel comfortable. Try different accessories with those three and have fun with it.

As for hair ideas, try a part on the side for a slimming asymmetrical touch... and if you ever considered long bangs, they could really bring out your eyes, carrying the focus to your lovely face.

Your most important features will be your smile and confidence, so let them shine! Best of luck and let us know how it goes :-)
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    update: ohhh, that kind of meeting... B or D :-)
    Aww you look like a little girl in floral~ I like #4 personally, but since 1, 2, and 4 all have the same cut, I don't think it matters. Leave your hair down for the meeting, it's slimming. Also, try a belt and some long necklaces to break up the print

I also think Dress D has the most potential with Dress B a close runner-up ...if you do not have a blazer or other more fitted piece to use over Dress C that definitely has a more polished look. If it comes down to D or B, sometimes we just gotta work with what we have, and consider the belt idea with long necklaces.

For such an important meeting, you must feel comfortable. Try different accessories with those three and have fun with it.

As for hair ideas, try a part on the side for a slimming asymmetrical touch... and if you ever considered long bangs, they could really bring out your eyes, carrying the focus to your lovely face.

Your most important features will be your smile and confidence, so let them shine! Best of luck and let us know how it goes :-)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Sorry...didn't read the whole thread...I do like dress C. Maybe lose the white shirt, and add some floral accesories, like earrings or a necklace. Good luck meeting your daughter...she probably won't even notice what your wearing since she will be nervous as well.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    The first says "Im a mother going to church". Its pretty though. The second one has my vote. Its nice and kinda says your serious yet not too serious. The third one is too plain. And the last just does not seem to work. Kinda like the first one.

So the second one!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the sentiments here, it's time for you to go shopping and treat yourself to a nice dressy outfit. The dresses above are all pretty matronly - the third one with the white jacket has some hope, but it needs a different top. Go treat yourself!
  • Rosie_66
    Rosie_66 Posts: 27
    Options
    I agree that none of those are right. If you aren't girly, don't pretend to be girly! Why do you need a dress? Wear something you are comfortable in that still in the right level of dress.

Agreed! You look much better in pants like the Christmas pic in your profile. :D
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Dress B, for sure.
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    First off, it is awesome that you are meeting your daughter! :) Hope it goes really well!

You don't necessarily need to wear a dress to be dressed up or to add a floral decorative accent. Well-fitted dress pants or a nice pair of jeans with a nice top would look great. You could easily add a floral necklace or earrings. :)

http://img.splendora.com/files/BusCasual2.jpg

http://www.1tshirtsworld.com/photo/businesscasualclothing/businesscasualclothing5.jpg

So I can't figure out how to add pictures to this...if you go to the above links you can see what I mean. Hope your reunion goes wonderfully!
  • missys99
    missys99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I might have given the wrong impression. It is not for a job interview or anything like that. I will be meeting my 16 year old daughter for the first time since she was a day old. She is also a HUGE flower fanatic with 4 flower gardens. I'm just so nervous!
    Then just pick something out of your closet. let her meet YOU. I can see why you would be nervous even more reason to dress in something you will be comfortable in.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I think the one with flowers wins.

Dork there's THREE with flowers!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of confused as to why you need to "dress up" to meet your daughter, unless you're meeting at a super nice restaurant or something that calls for dressy stuff...but of those 4 dresses, I like dress C the best. Just without that over-shirt. A cardigan of any color or shade will work with it, too, since it's black. A few others here have said to wear something that is more "you" and comfortable, and I totally agree with that. Feeling nervous is enough..adding uncomfortable fashion to it just makes that nervousness worse. :P Whichever one you go with, I hope the meeting goes well!! :)
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like your profile picture outfit. Very flattering.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I think you could find something more modern and flattering, without spending a lot of money. I think the floral patterns make you appear older. I would avoid floral.

Good luck on your interview.

Michelle
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'd go with C, but with a different, more fitted jacket or bolero sweater, that sort of thing.

The floral prints are very old-fashioned, to the point where my mother will not wear them. (I'm 27). I can't imagine if a 16 year old would like them or not. The cut on dress B looks the best on you, however, so if you want to wear a floral print, wear B. Honestly, even if she loves flowers, I think she'd rather meet you in something that you felt comfortable in and felt confident in. Have you considered a nice pant/sweater combo or something similar? Maybe bring her a potted plant or flower, since you know she likes them. :smile: