Full disclosure: I am that person

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    There's a thread for people like us in the Food forum. So.ethibg like Friends who don't eat clean and healthy...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I am baffled that people can have "meals" of frappuccino or ice cream or gin and tonics and not be ravenous afterwards. Does this truly fill you up? Or are you ravenous and just deal with it?

I'm not making a moral judgment about "high cal/ low nutrient food" - I limit it because I refuse to go to bed hungry as that messes up my sleep.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I am baffled that people can have "meals" of frappuccino or ice cream or gin and tonics and not be ravenous afterwards. Does this truly fill you up? Or are you ravenous and just deal with it?

Specifically, I couldn't sacrifice a meal for a beverage.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

I'm not making a moral judgment about "high cal/ low nutrient food" - I limit it because I refuse to go to bed hungry as that messes up my sleep.

When I do this it's usually ice cream which for me has enough fat and protein to keep me satisfied. Plus my other meals when I do this tend to be nutritionally balanced with a good amount of fiber and protein so I don't feel lacking in any way.

How much protein is in your ice cream and what brand is it?
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    The one that eats high cal/ low nutrient foods but in a deficit. I want to try things and if a frappacino (sp?) takes up my dinner calories, so be it. Not always, but some days.

I am not misled about what cico means

I may move towards more nutrient dense options, but I am breaking one habit at a time.

I am also that one friend with the cluttered car.

Reported ;)
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options

When I do this it's usually ice cream which for me has enough fat and protein to keep me satisfied. Plus my other meals when I do this tend to be nutritionally balanced with a good amount of fiber and protein so I don't feel lacking in any way.

How much protein is in your ice cream and what brand is it?

I get the Ben and Jerry's froyo and usually end up eating the whole pint so it's around 20 grams of protein and 12 grams of fat. Like I said as well I make sure I get enough protein and nutritious food the rest of the day when I do this so I feel fine.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

I was not really hungry, but you have a good point.

I wanted to try their newest flavor, but it was not what i expected, so I will stick to less caloric drinks
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My ice cream is called Cool Way (Canada). I eat the whole freakin pint!

Depending on the flavour about:
    90 calories per serving
    2.5 g fat per serving
    7 g protein per serving

I eat 4 , 125 ml serving.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Just added you! I eat pizza every single Monday for dinner and I still eat fast food, drink beer, etc. and am having no trouble losing weight because I've scaled back so that I'm still eating a deficit.

I have also been known to eat DQ blizzards and bacon for dinner on more than one occasion :D:oB)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've been in maintenance for several years... I don't eat breakfast often, but this morning I made room for an apple fritter from Dunkin Donuts (which, unfortunately wasn't as good as I wanted it to be doggonit), and I have been known to eat a pint of Halo Top for breakfast (they have a waffle pancake one that is freaking awesome)... Also:
    My dinner last night was three gin and tonics. :blush: But my car is clean....

I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner... I think you might be on to something!