como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @donimfp

what? Bourdain!? ohhhhhh no... i absolutely adored him.... :'(
  • Sinsanati
    Sinsanati Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sinsanati wrote: »
    really having trouble staying AF. Advice?

Annie Grace's Alcohol Experiment really helped me. She has a daily note and podcast. It really makes you think and realize what alcohol does to you. It is free and an amazing resource.

thanks! I'll check it out.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @JenT304 I am very sorry.
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I'm a bit low on energy today and feeling a bit blue. I just decided to cancel my "yes" to the "Whine and wine" party tonight. I'm sure that wine would be a little too enticing at this point, and my wisest course is to stay in, drink tea, journal, watch movies, and try to stay out of the TV room when the Cavs are playing! I'd normally push through, but I'm giving myself permission not to. Hopefully back to energy tomorrow. Have a good weekend, all!

Going to plug The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober again ;-) Catherine Gray talks about loving your self enough to say NO to situations where you know you will be triggered, it gets easier over time but initially she says you have to guard yourself. She has an extremely busy social life and definitely had to navigate some rough waters in the beginning. It's a very inspiring read and her writing style is very enjoyable. Good luck to you!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @islandbeez, thank you! Somehow I must have missed that recommendation in the past. I will be checking it out today! The sun is shining. It's Day 9, and my hibernation day yesterday seems to have been just what the doctor ordered. Time for a walk to the farmers market and a good breakfast taco, once I get yesterday's pj's off.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @snoo61 - Catching up on all the interesting posts and loved this, that you got past beer-thirty. WTG. I think that's a huge step - just changing one habit.
  • kittybenn
    Options
    Wow, @NovusDies, you are a champ for putting that resource list together. Thank you thank you thank you! To have it all in one place is super valuable, especially for new people.
  • kittybenn
    Options
  • kittybenn
    Options
    @JenT304 - deepest condolences. You're right that we should all be so fortunate as to be surrounded by family and leave this life the way your MIL did.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    @snoo61 - Catching up on all the interesting posts and loved this, that you got past beer-thirty. WTG. I think that's a huge step - just changing one habit.

Thanks! I'm surprising myself. Wouldn't have gotten this far without everyone here. :)