Burnin Thru Augus(Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    What in the world is a burpee? Do I really wanna know?? LOL

Burpees are actually quite easy compared to the stuff hes been having us do recently. Check your youtube for directions. :o)
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    Wow! I'm so proud of everyone! You guys are rocking it this week! Stephanie girl....you just plain crack me up! Thanks for the laughs. I don't have time to watch the videos today, but I remember everyone comparing burpees to the up-downs we did to them so I'm not looking forward!

I got everything in yesterday, plus got another 1 1/2 miles in! Stairs were easy for me to as we have a two-story house! Lol.

OMG! I hate...I mean LOATHE sit-ups! But, I'm a team player and will commit to my 200 and try for more.

Bad news - We are headed out on the bike, so I will tell you what happened tomorrow and probably have to catch up my exercises tomorrow for today and log...but I'll get them.

Good news - We are headed for the mountains and there is a wonderful crafty village at the top so we will probably be walking a few miles! Going to wear my pedometer and hopefully be able to log some more miles for the team!

Better news - I lost another almost pound this week! .8 lbs. (My scale does .2 increments). What I am really psyced about is I measured last week for the first time. I was 42-38-42-25 (thigh). This week....drum roll please.....40-37-41-23! I may hate the crap out of not being able to feel my legs during these challenges, but they are working on my thighs!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!
  • dbgirl23
    dbgirl23 Posts: 32
    Options
    checking in my weight today: new weight is 214.6 (I lost 1.8 pounds this week!!!)
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Check check check check. Everything is done for today.

Plus 1 more mile. :o)
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    scale didnt move .. i seriously need an updated scale . my mom's had this one for atleast 8 years .

ten miles [ check ]
    todays challenge [ challenge ]
    water [ check ]
    under calories [ check ]
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    oh , and i'll commit to 400 crunches for the week .
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This week- I was a bit over ambitious in my commitment and I am sorry. I only made it to the extra 5 miles. :(

Week 2: results

SW 263
    CW 260

Completed 2 days of exercises

Week 3: I will commit to 200 crunches and hopefully will be able to do more.

Better week ahead!!
  • holly200
    holly200 Posts: 18
    Options
    Okay is it too late to post your recipe? I've had a horrible time finding a lite recipe...so I finally used one of my FAVORITE recipes and made it lite!

LAYERED SUMMERTIME SALAD

2 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
    1 cup lite mayonnaise (or greek yogurt)
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 cup sliced green onions
    4 turkey bacon trips, cooked and crumbled, divided
    4 cups torn romaine
    1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed and halved
    1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
    1 cup fresh broccoli florets
    1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
    1/2 cup shredded lite swiss cheese
    Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, sugar and garlic powder; set aside. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; toss with onions and half of the bacon.
    In a large salad bowl, layer half of the romaine, pasta mixture, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, red pepper, mayo mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. 16 servings.
    I don't know the nutritional value of it.....but I do know it is GOOD!!!

I took Saturday as my day of rest....because my knee is REALLY bothering me. So today (Sunday) I'm gonna try to do the day 6 challenge. BUT up to this point. I have done 10 miles, met 5 days challenges and stayed under in calories & drank all my water.
  • dbgirl23
    dbgirl23 Posts: 32
    Options
    Sorry I didn't check in yesterday.... I was a tad bit too busy, but...

I completed the challenge yesterday... as well as ALL the challenges for this week

AND... I did an extra 5.35 miles total to add to our 100 mile challenge!!!

Hope we did well overall!!!

Have a GREAT rest day and I look forward to next weeks challenge and EXTRA challenge!!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I completed all of this weeks challenges and I walked an additional 5.6 miles (unless the two challenge miles count, then i did 7.6 ... no one ever got back to me on that!)
    I've also lost 2lbs since last week.
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Ok, so where I stand today for the week.

I will make up the exercises for yesterday today, so I will have all exercises in.
    I got my water in every day.
    I missed my calories for yesterday.
    I lost .8 lbs.
    I walked 8.5 extra miles for the team challenge.

If we could get a total for the miles and are only short a few, I can try to get a couple more in today if we need it, but it's not in my plan for today if not. :)

Congrats to every one for their weight losses! Frg...3 lbs! Awesomeness! SCC...2 lbs...You Rock! Sbanth...you may not have moved the scale....but you didn't gain! Still a WIN!
  • SCC88
    Options
    If we could get a total for the miles and are only short a few, I can try to get a couple more in today if we need it, but it's not in my plan for today if not. :)

Same here! xx
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    SCC88 - I don't think the challenge miles do.

I have our miles at 75 but that only include numbers from 10 people.
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I rocked the challenges this week. I'm so proud of myself!
    So yesterday i was at 8 miles. I drank champagne last night and ate party food so blew it on my calories. Had a date with my son today and ate the best burger in my life but blew it again on the calories until I just rode off 350+ of them. 13 miles today! I don't normally ride on Sunday (rest day)

So....... 21 miles for me for the week!!! :D

Water has been good all week and other than yesterday calories have been good all week as well. I'll weigh in in the morning. I was down a lb. a couple daze ago, but then up 3 this morning. I'm very bloated today cuz I started. Grrrrr!

Angel
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Ok so here's how my week rounded out:

5 of 6 days successfully completed challenge
    Water all 7 days
    posted my recipe (or two)
    Walked 10 miles
    Ate on target 5 of 7 days

This week I will do 300 crunches

Oh and the best news of all, I'm down -2lbs to 204 (the Onederlands are calling me)
  • holly200
    holly200 Posts: 18
    Options
    Here is my tally for the week: met the challenges, was under in calories and drank my water 5 out of 6 days. And I lost 2.5 pounds. Oh yeah...I posted a recipe and walked 10 miles.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Everything was complted for the week. Extra 10 miles. Lost 3 lbs.
  • SCC88
    Options
    Oh yeah i forgot to mention that I posted my recipe too. Sounds like we easily got in all of the 100 miles and then some right!? WOOHOO :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Day one of week 3 guys! Over half way through the August challenge! Whoop whoop! :drinker:
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Way to go Team! Look at all that lost poundage! 21 miles for angel! WTG girl!

Exercises - Check
    Water - Check
    Food - 6 out of 7
    Miles - 8.5
    Recipe - Check
    Weight Loss - .8 lbs. CW: 166.6
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing phenominal! I'll send out message for info. Once I have everything, I'll give ya'll our score.