Burnin Thru Augus(Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    Sorry, didn't check in last night. Ended up having to go sit in a hospital CCU waiting room all evening for a sick uncle. I am good on everything except I didn't get the swimmer's presses in. I'll work on them tonight hopefully. I did end up walking 4 1/2 miles yesterday.
  • holly200
    holly200 Posts: 18
    Options
    got exercise challenge done for the day and have walked 7 miles so far this week. I'm thinking I won't have any trouble getting my 10 miles in to go toward the challenge
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Everything done for the day and made up my swimmer's presses...gonna feel all that tomorrow!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Pooh - I hope your uncle is OK

calories ok
    water ok
    50 sit ups - will feel it tomorrow
    75 mountain thingies (forgot how many I was supposed to do when I got to the gym)
    I'm at 6.8 miles myself :) I'm gonna make that 10 that I promised you all.
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie. He's been sick for a few years and just been going downhill. It was expected.
  • dbgirl23
    dbgirl23 Posts: 32
    Options
    Finished the challenges for the day!! :)

So far I have completed 2.69 miles towards my 5 extra challenge miles!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • knikkiola
    knikkiola Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hey peeps!!

sorry i've not logged on for while been really busy!!

So far this week ive completed all the exercise challenges inc. 2 of my 5 extra miles AND drank all 8 glasses of water everyday!! Sadly i did go over on calories on monday but i'll work hard for the rest of the week and hopefully still have a loss this week!!

Everyones doing such a great job i'll do my bit to keep it up!!
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Got water Wednesday
    Stayed under on calories

Haven't gotten exercises, plan to work out a few hours this morning and get caught up.

Wish me luck!!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    For Wednesday:
    -Check on Water
    -Check on Mountain Climbers & Crunches
    -Check on an extra 1.2 miles (total 3.9)
    -Not check on calories. I had two beers at dinner and they were more calories than I thought so I went over by 68. :frown:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    So before I let gary know im going to have to tell you guys that I am going to be dropping out of this competition.

I dont have time to play captain...

The rules keep changing....
    The counting keeps changing...
    The amount of ppl in groups keeps changing...

Its just not very organized and be me being a perfectionist I just cant do it anymore...
    n plus i work all day, im a single parent... and college starts on monday. Idk who im going to find the time then when I can hardly find it now....

Its driving me insane!!!

I would like to give him a captain in my place tho...

So anybody wanna nominate somebody from our team!?
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE NEWS UPDATE! The 100 mile team challenge can be done anyhow you like run, jog, walk, bike, swim. Doesn't matter. IT DOES Need to be extra. So if you typically bike 10 miles a day anything above that would count. Remember it's all about extra and pushing more! Keep up the great work.

Well then we got this in the bag! I Love Love Love my spin bike I certainly can do extra for someone else!

Thanks or checking Captain!

Angel
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Well that's good to know!
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    "n plus i work all day, im a single parent... and college starts on monday. Idk who im going to find the time then when I can hardly find it now.... "

I feel your pain sweetie. I used to be a single parent, college student, and full time job. Good news is I know you can do it!!! I'm still doing but I'm married now. Stepping down as captain is honorable in my book because I've always had a problem having too much on my plate and not backing off. I'm working on that. My life is getting ready to have an overflowing plate soon with both work, grad school, and kids and DH, but I am going to remain committed to you all and myself. I can't let myself down this time.

I've already gotten 6 of the 10 in for our challenge!! WOO HOO!

I'm sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I pulled a thigh muscle yesterday and babied it all night. Thank goodness, it feels better today I was so scared I wouldn't be able to do my workout.

3 checks for yesterday. Mountain climbers were interesting.

Done with my 21's and jumping jacks. Did a 13 mile ride today, I average 7-8.

Keep up the good work Ladies!!

Angel
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'll do it you all want me to. I am far from perfect though ;)
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I hope the recipe did not have to be an original. I used this last night from the extreme makeover show and loved it.

12 corn tortillas (I substituted whole grain tortillas)
    1 lb. ground turkey breast or ground chicken
    4 oz. light cream cheese
    4 green onions, sliced thin
    2 cups grated low fat Monterey Jack cheese, or lite Jack-Cheddar mix
    1, 15 oz. can green enchilada sauce
    1 small can pitted black olives
    2 Tbsp. diced Ortega chilies (optional)
    Nonstick cooking spray
    Fat free sour cream
    Lettuce, shredded

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13" baking dish with nonstick spray.
    2. In small bowl mix ground turkey, light cream cheese, green onions and chilies.
    3. Spread 2 Tbsp. turkey mixture and 1 Tbsp. cheese on each tortilla. Roll up and place in baking dish.
    4. Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese and olives, bake for 30 minutes.
    5. Serve with shredded lettuce and fat free or lite sour cream.

Serves: 6
    Calories per serving: 425
    Calorie equivalent: 4 oz. protein, 2 carbohydrates, 1 fat

Recipe courtesy of California Health & Longevity Institute
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    I'll do it you all want me to. I am far from perfect though ;)

I'm fine with this decision!

Capt. Netty, I thought you were doing a wonderful job, but I hear you having too much on your plate, this should be fun, not stressful. We'd like you to continue the challenges with us though :)

Personally, I think it's cool that we're all kicking BUTT on these physical challenges, and drinking our water. And if nothing else, we're all being mindfull of what we're eating, even if we are a little over! Personally, if we can continue on the challenge the way we have been, I'd say we're all WINNERS (I mean LOSERS!!!!)
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    Here's a recipe.

Chicken Stuffing Bake
    8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.20 25 45 Ingredients

1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced fat condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    1 cup 1% milk
    1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
    2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
    2 cups fresh broccoli florets, cooked crisp not mushy
    2 celery ribs, finely chopped
    1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded low fat Swiss cheese, divided

Directions
    In a large bowl, combine soup and milk until blended. Add the stuffing mix with contents of seasoning packet, chicken, broccoli, celery and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
    Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.

Nutritional Analysis: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat reduced-sodium soup, fat-free milk and reduced-fat cheese) equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I assume I can stay in the challenge.. I work out anyways.

Still looking for nominations. Lol. So far ive had joyousren and frg4bama step up...

anybody have any thoughts on that?
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Duties of the capt.

To check your email every day... both MFP and personal because you will recieve numerous messages from both other team members as well as other captains.

U have to keep up on the forum and ur inbox for updates on other members.

You have to know how to use microsoft excel, that is how tabs are being kept.
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    I assume I can stay in the challenge.. I work out anyways.

Still looking for nominations. Lol. So far ive had joyousren and frg4bama step up...

anybody have any thoughts on that?

I'm good with either of them, maybe one can captain and one can co-captain. I'm flexible (even more so now after my 3 sets of 21)